2000Km-1243 mile club

Mileage check in - week of 18 February (Read 350 times)

dork.major dork.

Oh. That is so sad to think about that one puppy who has to be left behind... I would hate to be that puppy. I did 4.6 yesterday and 5.6 today... Got to run with a friend this morning, and then we went back to her place and she made us a yummy breakfast. Made me a little late to work, but totally worth it.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Imminent Catastrophe

Finally back to my usual route, 6.2 miles. I'm really out of shape, HR was way up. Endurance seems to be OK so hopefully I'll be able to get my mileage up fairly quickly, depending on how my foot cooperates. At least the improvement should come pretty fast. Daisy was ecstatic! Wow, my running log is UGLY! Tongue

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

No more fever, so back to work I went today. But still a bad cough and sore throat. Not enough energy to run as well. My dogs know exactly when we go out for a walk, or for a run. For a walk they run to the front door, sit and wait for me to get my coat on. When I come down in my running clothes they jump up and down run around the coffee table, they moan and whine and behave totally crazy. For my medium run I often leave Spike at home, but if one of my boys doesn't play with him to distract him, I'll find a lot of poop and pee in the house when I come back, that's how upset he gets.

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

For my medium run I often leave Spike at home, but if one of my boys doesn't play with him to distract him, I'll find a lot of poop and pee in the house when I come back, that's how upset he gets.
          Shocked

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

Wow, my running log is UGLY! Tongue
            Hey, it's just good to see you back in here and out there again.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

very tough 2.1 miles with strong winds. - in the words of Ennay: Blahhhh! Hobbes didn't seem to mind though. Despite the pitiful time per mile, I worked hard with the head wind. If the weather holds, I'll get out tomorrow for 3 more...if raining, then Friday and shift long run to Sunday. Ankle is still hanging in there. There's still some mild intermittent discomfort (not really pain) when the camber of the road or sidewalk is sloped more than normal. Otherwise, I'm pleased with the way ankle has responded to new shoes.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

5.1 this morning ...cold again. When is spring coming?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

Ennay: Spring's around the corner. 60min swim class today. YES!!! coach was nice to me because I had had the flu. Only made me swim as fast as I could for 4 laps instead of 5.... And he allowed breast stroke for recovery in the 2nd half of my class. Phewww.

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Another 10k, very easy, with MA and the dogs. Foot a bit improved, maybe the shot is working, a little. The first time I've felt optimistic for a while.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

...---...

5K plus change for recovery. Beat the rain. Sewer maintainance construction shortly into my "easy" route forced a detour and turned today's run into hill training. Note of Clif Shot Blocks as an alternative to GU and similar products: 5 out of 10 for texture. 7 out of 10 for taste. did not upset tummy. Gonna try banana peach Carb Boom Saturday. Wish me luck.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

dork.major dork.

4M in the snow this morning, really hoping they close the office early, didn't really want to come in, I'm still fighting off a cold, but more to the point, I want to curl up in my bed and watch the snow.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

A Saucy Wench

I normally have a rest day on Friday, but I am working an ultra tomorrow so I need to squeeze in a run today. Mom is here so I am going to try for an afternoon run, I just couldnt face getting up to run by myself in the dark and cold. MTA...good for me! 8.1 in the late afternoon, not usually a good time for me. sunny and warm!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I run for Fried Chicken!

I didn't do my 6 day streak as planned, took Wednesday off and took the wife to a nice dinner instead. I did run 7 last night and it felt good.

Imminent Catastrophe

Just spin class. Raining, nasty. Meh. Dutchie, I hope you're better. And don't have anything to clean up! Surprised JoJo tends to eat her doggie blanket if we leave her behind. That dog ain't right. OMG, I'm almost 100 miles behind the bunny. Well, at least it's early.

Dutchie42

First run in a week. An 8.4K doggie fun run. Thought it would be a tough one after being sick and not running, but it was actually easy. Gives me hope I can do 20+K tomorrow. Dogs were very well behaved until the last 400 meters or so. I'm off for some LB and UB strength training (endurance).

Dutchie