2000Km-1243 mile club

weekly mileage check-in week of 19 May (Read 364 times)

Dutchie42

Goooood Morning, Was feeling very lethargic yesterday and didn't do much, but am much better today! Did back/shoulders/biceps and abs this morning, followed by a 5.5K run (I think, I have to measure on google earth to see if its correct). Run got interrupted at the end by the dog of our neighbour. Spooky took off to play with her so my intended distance was about 100 meters short. Really tried to go faster. Felt like I was going faster but according to my Polar I wasn't really. Got a swim class tonight! Have a great day and a wonderful week. ETA: I was close, very close with my estimate. It was 5.6K. Hey, those 100 meters count you know Tongue

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Great week for me last week. 40.8 miles, which is probably my biggest week since 2001 or so. I've got my spring focal point (a 10k) in one week, and my legs feel great -- they feel better and more alive (other than climbing stairs) with 40-ish miles than they did with 15~20. I don't really plan on tapering, so I'm hoping for 40+ again this week.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

A Saucy Wench

3 on the treadmill in the gym today Tongue sweat city. I may need to break out the old fashioned sweatband

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I may need to break out the old fashioned sweatband
          Meanwhile, grade-school visions of Olivia Newton-John go dancing through my head. Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

A Saucy Wench

Meanwhile, grade-school visions of Olivia Newton-John go dancing through my head. Tongue
            Didnt mean to awaken long buried fantasies Wink

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

...---...

hi all - playing catch up with my run entries from the past couple weeks...things have been nuts. resting today (putting in tomato and pepper plants in the garden) but have a group run set up for tomorrow. hope you are all doing well. IMOGENE - get well soon. Juice, juice, juice.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Trey--good to see you back (and Hobbes of course). Ennay-I know what you mean about the sweatband. My last two hot/humid runs I have had sweat pouring into my eyes, really making them burn. I have a "Halo" headband that works pretty well, unless it's at home in a drawer! Crabby-bear update, please! Just so long as you weren't between the bear and the cubs you should be OK, right? We have black bears here, we've only seen one in our yard in 5 years because they're very elusive.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

Crabby-bear update, please! Just so long as you weren't between the bear and the cubs you should be OK, right? We have black bears here, we've only seen one in our yard in 5 years because they're very elusive.
                  I had a great run today on what's called Boy Scout Beach. Its a trail that goes through the woods and opens up to the most spectacular view of the Chilcat Mountains and Eagle Beach. And after 14 days of rain, this sunny 62 degree day way a relief! Bears are not elusive here Prof...but they usually keep to themselves if you can give them warning. They make me a bit nervous but I was a whole lot more creeped out running in Baltimore. (And I realy liked Baltimore...just had to know whre to run)
                  Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

A Saucy Wench

9 miles in the rain this morning. PRetty nice running weather overall. My feet were still annoyed with me for the wet sock beach run on Sunday and really didnt like getting wet again.

Dutchie42

Overslept: woke up at 06:46AM. Made coffee. Realised I could still get a very short run in. Also realised I wouldn't get a run in after work. After a really quick clothes change, off I went with Spooky. Very nice run with Spooky. She was on her best behaviour. I didn't even try, but I ran faster than I have in a while and it felt soooo easy. Hi Trey, nice to see you again. And Hobbes. Ennay: nice pace this morning. That's just not in it for me. Crabby: you were the fastest this morning I think Perfesser: I wear a visor. Catches all the sweat nicely and keeps my eyes in the shade.

Dutchie
                      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

... Perfesser: I wear a visor. Catches all the sweat nicely and keeps my eyes in the shade.
                        I always wear a ballcap but once it gets saturated, sweat starts running into my eyes. That Halo headband has a plastic strip that channels the sweat away and to the side. It sounds like a gimmick but it works!

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

4 yesterday. Too busy for a lunch-time run at work today, so it'll have to be on the treadmill later tonight. That's ok, it's already like 80°F, so it wasn't going to be fun anyways. Tonight may be my last "quality" session prior to Monday's 10k, so I am trying to decide on a workout sufficiently brutal, but not stupid. I'll let you know how it goes.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Jeff, good luck with your last week of training! Ennay, good run! Perfesser, did you mention the Halo headband a few months ago? Someone did, so I ordered it and really like it. It also helps hold back my wild hair a little. I'm 1.5 miles ahead of the bunny, so he'll catch me before my run tomorrow. I ran 6.3 miles Saturday, 6.7 Sunday (was supposed to be 5 or so, but it felt so good I kept going), and 4.3 yesterday (was supposed to be 5 or so, but it felt crappy and I quit early, lol). Today is a rest day, so I took our collie for a long walk. Tomorrow I'm HOPING for 11.

...---...

maybe I'm just crazy...well, I think that's been established...but I love running in "warmer" weather. Maybe not 90 degrees warmer but the mid-low 80's don't bother me too much. The humidity, on the other hand... Signed up for a 5K this weekend in Brevard, NC. I missed doing any "racing" in April so will be good to get back doing this again.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Perfesser, did you mention the Halo headband a few months ago? Someone did, so I ordered it and really like it. It also helps hold back my wild hair a little.
                                That might have been me. They make headbands, ballcaps, skullcaps, visors and some other stuff. Anyway, they work! I'm not shilling for them, but I like stuff that works.