2000Km-1243 mile club

weekly mileage check-in week of 19 May (Read 364 times)

A Saucy Wench

12 miles today. My runs are not going well lately...I think its the weight gain...making my legs tired.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Teresadfp

One day at a time

{{{ Ennay }}} That sucks. You can sure run a long ways, though, for not feeling great! So far on my long runs, I've lucked out - they've always been on "good" days. I'm dreading the first time my legs feel heavy on one! I need to get out there and run 4.5 miles. I'm dressed, Garmin and all, but am lacking motivation right now. I WILL do it!!! Later...
      Ringmaster

Hi, all. Sorry I've been absent of late. My runs have been really crappy. Not sure why. Maybe just the Florida heat? After one week off b/c of knee pain, then one week trying to get back from that week, I feel like I'm just ramping the miles back up. I've tried to go out for long runs and managed nothing longer than 8 miles in a long time. Today I finally got over that hump and did 10. Stupid that it feels like such a big deal. Tried Sport Beans for the first time. Whether it was just because they distracted me or because they were really pumping sugar and electrolytes into my system, it was nice to get the miles in, and to do it at a decent pace--10:24 average. Sure, the knee hurt like crazy at the end but that's what Advil is for, and tomorrow is a scheduled rest day. Thinking of running a Memorial Day 5k. Starts late--7:30, which means it'll be close to 80 at gun time. Yech. It's good to "see" you all. I'll try not to be such a stranger. Ennay, loved the lightning, but I think I like the gloves more. Big grin K

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
        Mile by Mile

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Got my 4.5 miles in - felt so good, I was tempted to go farther, but I restrained myself. DS13 ran 6 miles!! That's quite an amazing accomplishment for him. I worry about him since he's so stocky, but of course I can't get on him for it. I'm so happy I'm running, because the only reason he got out today was my asking him to go with me.

Imminent Catastrophe

I didn't get any runs in Sat or Sun, I was traveling. But I just have to say, 48 responses on this weekly mileage check-in is GREAT! Y'all are good peeps! Cool

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

okay so we have a new doggie - Daisy. I'll get some photo's up as soon as I can. She's a bird dog type hound, very sweet but very willful...about 40 lbs, brown spots over her eyes, brown spots on body, white base. Hobbes gets along with her but isn't sure what to make of it. When I'm not in the room, he takes to a remote area, away from Daisy, and will only return when I return. I guess it'll take some time. She wants to drink from the toilet, and we'll have to break the jumping and counter cruising... she'll eat anything resembling food which makes for a challenging day. I gave her a bath today and she did NOT like that at all.Anyway, I didn't get a run in as a result of getting Daisy settled...maybe tomorrow, but tuckered out after the day's events. Hobbes is in my lap right now and so pooped out that he isn't even aware that I'm eating a strawberry twizzler. Anyway - the 5K in Brevard, NC was a great time. Laid back atmosphere, well run, diverse field. I finished 57 out of 123 or something like that...6th in my age group I think. Official time was 29:50 ~ 9:36/mile pace. Given the elevation (~1400 ft more than I'm used to) and the up-and-down terrain (lots of hills), I feel pretty good about my finish. Hope everyone has a safe Memorial day! Trey

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

OK, Trey, my Daisy demands royalties for use of her name Big grin She will accept payment in chewies! Take it from me--the dogs will take a few weeks to get settled. They have a pack mentality and it takes some time for them to adjust (aided by your discipline), especially if Hobbes is used to being an "only dog". I think they will be just fine after the adjustment period. Seems like Hobbes is pouting a little--that's to be expected. You have to reassure him that he hasn't been usurped by the newcomer, he'll be OK. Nice job on the 5k BTW!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016