2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in of 07 Dec - 13 Dec (Read 293 times)

...---...

Wanted to get the new thread started so I could report how crappy my long run was on Sunday. I cut it WAY short. There was a headwind that just pissed me off and also made it WAY colder than I was dressed for. My mind wasn't in it that's for sure. I did a crappy job of managing the deamons and better get that under control. Disney is about 5 weeks away. I think I need a kick in the butt. The new job has me traveling all over the place and am finding it tought to stay motivated to run in the cold right now.

Okay - so, I need a pep talk or something. Let's have a great week.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Trey: you just had a bad run. Just make sure to check the temp outside before your next run You'll see, you'll love it when you are dressed appropriately. And with Disney around the corner, it's just a few more long runs to go.

Did a 30min cardio-kickbox w/o this morning and a 30min LB w/o. Then I biked 6.5 kilometers to work (and back). Think my legs have worked hard enough today

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Trey:  I'll probably echo some of your own words; 1)better to have a bad run now then in 5 weeks; 2)one shortened run isn't going to affect your conditioning and the break might help; 3)as to the demons: you've been here before, when you strap on the number all the training and experience is going to kick in.

You're going to be running at Disney! Twice! How awesome is that?!?

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Gig

Hi all. I just wanted to pop in and say that I'm still running. Not a lot, but some--around 10 or so miles per week. I had a lot of general achyness (feet, knees, arches, etc.), and a really busy schedule. I've also be largely ignoring RA, FB, and all those social networking things.

I'm enjoying the spare time, and the rest, but I have been missing you guys. I'll be building up the mileage soon, and the posts. Maybe after Christmas.

Imminent Catastrophe

Gig, thanks for checking in. I've been having my own problems with legs and most recently, the back, which is really giving me fits. I'd like to make 1500 for the year but I don't know if that will happen...

Anyway, 6 today on the treadmill, 4 easy and 2 on the "hill program". The good thing about the bad back is that it's given my legs a few days to recover and they do feel better.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

I am having a good week so far and actually got a longish run in on SUnday.  Temps are cold 22-26 but the roads and trails ar pleasant.  I am behind the 1000 mile bunny and that will be my goal this month. 

Gig You got so far ahead I forgot to catch you but...... Uh Dutchie...can you see me now??????

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

Got out this morning for 9.2. I dressed accordingly  - maybe over did it a bit - but I wasn't cold for sure.

Better mental day today. Thanks for the wisdom Dutchie/Brian. It helped for sure. 

Cheers.

Trey

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Heh. You can tell a tech guy because they spell it "daemons".

I've been having a lot of those crappy runs lately, especially since I hurt my back (this is an old herniated disk problem that reappears from time to time and knocked me out of the Atlanta HM last year). Anyway it's getting better day-to-day and it looks like I'll be able to do the Rocket City Marathon Saturday, slowly. A long way from my grand plans of last Summer when I was hoping for a BQ attempt but hey, I'll be able to check off Alabama. 

5.75 mile run today with Daisy. A friend suggested running on railroad tracks. What a dumb idea that was. Aside from the risk of being run over by a train, there's the awkward spacing of the ties and the sharp, egg-sized gravel. Fail.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

...---...

A friend suggested running on railroad tracks. What a dumb idea that was. Aside from the risk of being run over by a train, there's the awkward spacing of the ties and the sharp, egg-sized gravel. Fail.

LOL. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A friend suggested running on railroad tracks. What a dumb idea that was. Aside from the risk of being run over by a train, there's the awkward spacing of the ties and the sharp, egg-sized gravel. Fail.

But that's what makes it so fun.  You have to get your stride just right and if you do it right you can actually run without looking at the ties.  Of course there is that whole get run over by a train thing.

Imminent Catastrophe

Of course, having a dog running right in front of you and making it hard to see the ties doesn't help. Plus this is a old track and the ties are irregularly spaced. Anyway, it's not for me, I think I'll stick to the trails.

Dutchie42

Tue: skipped my interval run cause my legs felt very tired. Possibly because I started biking to work again.

Wed: 50 min of UB endurance (Chest/Shoulders/Biceps)

Thu: 5K progressive run

Fri: nothing to report

This morning was a 6.5K doggie run. Spike was flying... pulling me all the way. I expected him to drop back once we stopped at our turningpoint but he didn't. He didn't pull anymore, but he stayed ahead of me until we finished.

I added a 50min UB endurance training (Back/Triceps)

Dutchie
                          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Getting back on track after the furniture move - 30 minutes elliptical, 55 minutes treadmill - in the gym (my new apartment building has a fancy mini gym- love it!) I met a nice couple - they look like grad students.  -8º for an outside run was too much to think about this morning.

Any advise for icy street running? I guess Santa needs to bring me yak traks.

A

Recalculating...

...---...

a chilly 18 miles this morning - 27 degrees at run time... no ice on the roads, thankfully. Feeling pretty good and finally have some motivation back.

Cheers. 

Trey

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Chilly is right--cold and windy at Rocket City Marathon. Had a pretty poor run, I am undertrained and still nursing some sore bits. I never cold get loosened up and the last 7 were miserable with walk breaks and some stretching. Well, at least I've checked off Alabama and got a nice finisher's hat. 4:28 on a fast course. Buh.

MTA: Hey, I bet Bart Yasso. Cool, I beat the guy who prides himself on being slow. Heh.