2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-In for 10/6-10/12 (Read 291 times)

Dutchie42

Gooooood Morning everyone, It's Monday already and I started the week off really well: a 5AM UB w/o followed by a 4K easy run. Just to warm up the legs. No rain for a change, and no wind, but dodging lots of rain puddles. Which isn't easy to do in the dark with only a head lamp to light my way. Leaves are changing colour too. Autumn is here I think. Did I already say I'm thinking about running the Paris marathon in April? It would depend on cost. But there's a few more marathons closer to home. So I started training seriously today. First goals is a half marathon in December. Don't know which one yet. But the target is to have my long runs around 24K by the end of the year. That should set me up well for the 3 months leading to an April marathon. Aaron: if you go buy a TM, don't skimp on price. You'll regret it. Run on them to test them. Make sure they're not too noisy (neighbours and wife may not be too pleased). Make sure you can adjust speed in small increments. Same for inclines. Check the display. Does it show everything you'd want to see easily. Are the buttons in easy reach. Is there a bottle holder (in a logical place) which secures the bottle and not have it move around. Is there room for the remote (TV, stereo, or whatever). The surface should be wide enough. Is there a safety button thingy (when you fall off Big grin it stops immediately). What's the max speed and is that enough for you to be happy for the next 10 yrs? What maintenance is free? How about warranty? Trey: how did your long run go yesterday? Crabby: what marathon are you running? I forgot.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

A Saucy Wench

ahhhhhh monday. I plan on not running today. Marathon report from yesterday in the GSP.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dog-Love

I want to hear how the Portland Marathon went for you Ennay.... Dutchie...Am running the Royal Victoria Marathon next Monday and of course I rolled my ankle a bit yesterday on a traill run so I am really taking it easy this week! Walkin the dog today...maybe a 2-miler
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        Dutchie42

Wow, great race report Ennay!! C O N G R A T S on finishing the marathon with such a terrific time. How are you feeling today? Taking a few days of now?

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

Wow, great race report Ennay!! C O N G R A T S on finishing the marathon with such a terrific time. How are you feeling today? Taking a few days of now?
            Thanks. I'm pretty sore. I did 20 minutes gentle stationary bike today. I may try a short shuffle run tomorrow.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I run for Fried Chicken!

Great job on the marathon Ennay! Dutchie: Thanks for the TM advice, I think I'm going to hold off on one for now, but it's a nice fantasy. Two good runs this weekend. A nice long 9.5 miles outside on Sat. It was great weather, in the mid 60's, overcast. Shorter 5 miles on Sunday, it was warmer but still nice weather. We're back in the mid 80's weather wise today and it's supposed to be in the 90's for the next couple of days. It's like summer never left!

Imminent Catastrophe

ahhhhhh monday. I plan on not running today.
                Slacker. Big grin Seriously, congrats! I hope to get there someday.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

No run for me today. I was out of bed like a kazillion times last night because of major calf cramps. What's all that about? Then woke up at 7AM with a major headache..... sigh, and a sore calf. As in stiff and in need of a stretch.

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

2.9 miles today. OK not more than 40 feet of it was even shuffling. I tried, then thought maybe if I warmed up more, then tried again. Then just went for the slowest "power walk" since I was 8 months pg. At one point we were going down a very very slight downhill (I run this route every day and never noticed a down hill there before) and that hurt even walking.

Imminent Catastrophe

Ennay, don't be in too much of a hurry to get going again. A nice long, slow walk will get the circulation going and loosen the toxins. No need to run yet.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

For a week now people around me are coughing, getting really sick, sore throats, and so far I've been dodging the bullet. But this is the 2nd morning I woke up with a severe headache. And the lymph nodes in my neck have been really painful since yesterday. Especially the ones near my ears... But I don't feel sick. Should I just get a painkiller and go out (in the rain) for a run? Don't want to get sick. I am way too busy to get sick... Teresa: you almost caught up with me. Should be an incentive for me to race you Big grin Ennay: take it easy. A few brisk walks this week till your legs feel better should be fine. Perfesser: see you are as bad as me lately when it comes to putting the runs in Smile Taking some nice recovery time after your August marathon?

Dutchie

I run for Fried Chicken!

Ran a tempo run yesterday, first one in a while. Felt pretty good. Legs were feeling a little tired today so I was planning on doing a short 4 miles to loosen up the legs but the run got easier the further I ran. Ended up running 5.5. I like that feeling of a run after a hard workout, makes the easy run feel really easy.
                          Dutchie42

Went out and ran anyway Big grin 7K in the drizzling rain. Took off my jacket mid run. Too warm. I checked when I got home and it's a steaming 14C this morning. Jeez, it's October. It should be 8C or something. Like last week. Those big construction trucks that made me step of the road every 2 minutes are gone!!! Yeah. Back to enjoyable and continuous running again. Trey: I tried to improve my cadence today. The last 1.5K I really tried moving my legs faster. I thought I was having a higher leg turnover. Felt like it too. But when I checked the HRM I didn't. I'll try again tomorrow.

Dutchie

I run for Fried Chicken!

Glad you had a good run Dutchie. Your HRM monitors leg cadence? Is there a foot pod attachment?

A Saucy Wench

managed to shuffle almost 0.8 miles of my 3.5 mile run/walk this morning. I actually would have only run about 0.5 miles but it was freaking cold. Did 2-3 running intervals when I got cold later.