2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-In for 10/6-10/12 (Read 291 times)

Dutchie42

Your HRM monitors leg cadence? Is there a foot pod attachment?
    Aaron: yes there's a small, very lightweight footpod. I have a Polar RS800sd. They "upgraded" the hrm and it's now called RS800cx. Measures all kinds of stuff, including index. My index is up and down 41-45. But I have no clue what index is... http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/running_multisport/RS800CX_RUN

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

3 mile yesterday at the "rehab pace" - was due for something more substantial today but it's raining like hell...so, I'm drinking some of the Founder's ales that's finally made it way down here. Dutchie - the long run went pretty well. I took it slow, slow, slow and over flat terrain. I was bummed out that my knee didn't feel better at the end but it held in there for a long time (19.2 miles). Regardless, my other parts and mental condition wanted to keep going. I'm convinced that if I can get the IT band to cooperate, I'll finish this marathon with a smile on my face. I was bummed about the knee, that is, until I saw Perfesser's post with him saying he thought it was pretty good. So, that relaxed me a bit. I'm doing the cow face everyday, plus other stretches, and ice, ice, ice, and vitamins and juices, and I got a foam roller that I'll start using this weekend. Perfesser - yeah, I'm already feeling "weird" with the taper schedule. I feel like I'm cheating or something. I'll stick to the plan. I know it's the right thing to do. And thanks for the encouragement from last week's long run. Gave me a lift. Trey

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Trey--glad to help. Dutchie--Yeah, I've been down for a while. After my August race I had a persistent pain in my right leg (it's always the right leg Angry ). I reduced my running but it still kept bothering me. So I decided to take time off to let it heal completely instead of letting it linger. It's been OK for a couple of weeks now and I'm ready to get going again. MTA: This year has not gone as planned, I've barely made 1000 km and had to pull out of the MDI Marathon, which I was really looking forward to (I came to Maine anyway, and it's spectacular!). Maybe odd-numbered years are better for me. Wish me luck everyone, I'm 50 tomorrow. Half a century. Shocked

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I run for Fried Chicken!

Good luck and Happy Birthday Perfesser. Don't you know 50's are the new 40's, or something like that. Big grin Hopefully the rest of the year will get better. Ran 8 tonight and broke 1000miles for the year. I'm pretty proud of myself, first real year of running and I've surpassed my goal of 100 miles a month. Now I just have to keep it up.
          Dutchie42

Perfesser: a 1000K is a lot of mileage! There's a whole wolrd out there that don't even make 1K Tongue And you still have 3 months left. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Any special plans for your 50th? Are you expecting any surprises? Trey: 19.2 miles sounds good. The tapering will help your ITB. Cow face getting easier for you now that you've done it a couple of times? Aaron: congrats on the 1000 miles. I'll make the 1000 this year. Don't think I'll make the 2000K though. Any races in your future?

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Gorgeous day. Was up late. So got my run in late too. For the first time in like 18 months or so I was running with a Grace Lazenby w/o. I actually totally forgot I had these till someone on another site mentioned them. Had a fantastic 11.6K run with intervals. Aaron: you might want to check out the iTread w/o's. They might spice up your TM running routine. http://www.itrain.com/workouts/program/iTREAD Most of them are meant for TM running. There are only 3 outdoor w/o's. But you can use the TM w/o's outdoors as well. And the outdoors ones on the TM. The 60min. w/o's are split in 2x30min w/o's so you can use them for shorter runs as well! Or you can tag 2x60min w/o's and get a great 2 hour run.

Dutchie

Dog-Love

Well this is definitely a low mileage week. Am heading to Victoria tomorrow and today will go for a fastish 5 or 6 mile run. I really have been enjoying these shorties and after this marathon, I may get to working on a faster HM for next year. I have a guy friend at work who says he is out of shape but easily runs 7.5 minute miles. He has been slowing it down to 8s and we have run a couple of short 3-5 mile runs. Trey...what marathon are you running? I obviosly am not paying attention
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                Dutchie42

I hadn't stretched all week. So my hips felt really tight. It was time for Rodney Yees hip openers off of the AM yoga dvd. Darn my hips feel great! Why don't I do these more often?

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

I hadn't stretched all week. So my hips felt really tight. It was time for Rodney Yees hip openers off of the AM yoga dvd. Darn my hips feel great! Why don't I do these more often?
                    I know, I love yoga, but I had to quit my class and I have 9 gazillion videos, plus I've done it for years so why would I even need a video but I dont do it.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

4 miles on the treadmill today at a new gym. Went to my gym (that I prepaid both membership and childcare for the year) and for the gazillionth time child care was not there. ds was BAWLING because he was wanting to go play with the cars so I picked him up and - ok probably a little louder than necessary - told him we were going to the other gym to see if they had cars and any concept of customer service. I didnt use my gym the whole summer because they cancelled evening childcare and the morning childcare was so unreliable that I just didnt want to risk it, better to work out at home before dh left for work. 6 out of my last 12 attempts to use it they had no child care. The new gym was very accomodating to my need to run off my anger and didnt even take today as one of my 5 trial days.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I've gone for a couple of 1 mi walks after last Sundays marathon- planning on a 3 or 4 mile slow run tomorrow.
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Your HRM monitors leg cadence? Is there a foot pod attachment?
                          I have a footpod for my 305 that does the same thing. Main reason I have it is for keeping track of distance on a local indoor track (instead of counting a zillion laps on a 12lap/mi track). Cadence is tracked. I often use the footpod on faster runs to try to keep a good tempo, but it usually stays at home on easy runs.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Imminent Catastrophe

Spectacular 5 mile run in Acadia National Park, Maine on a beautiful crisp October day with the leaves turning. I must do the MDI Marathon next year. It's ranked as the most beautiful marathon in North America (Sports Illustrated) and after driving the course today I believe it. I also believe it is very, very hilly. This was a "rave run". Cool

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dog-Love

Sounds beautiful!!! I love October runs. Had a nice 5+ miler out on some open trails. Pretty and fast for me. Next stop...VIctoria...
                              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

I had to run off the wild blueberry pie.