2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-In for 10/27 - 11/3 (Read 318 times)

...---...

Not much to report on my end - I walked for about an hour yesterday. If you're up for a long race report - babble mostly, here's the link. http://web.mac.com/pi_hole/Site/Race_Reports/Entries/2008/10/25_Marathon_-_Spinx_Run_Fest.html

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I run for Fried Chicken!

Congrats, that's a great race report, very inspiring to read it. Hope your IT band gets better, when I had IT band issues, I knew how painful it was to run on it so I can't imagine how you went through the last 8 miles of a marathon with it. My hip flexor is still bothering me. Did a slow 3 mile run yesterday and it was actually worse after taking all those days off. I came home and tried some different stretches and today, the soreness is in a different place which is actually encouraging to me. It's a good kind of soreness, like after a hard workout rather than soreness from an injurty. I don't think I was stretching the correct muscles before. I've learned so much from running about my own body and muscles and stretching.

Imminent Catastrophe

Not much to report on my end...
        I beg to differ! That was a great race report, Trey, thanks for that. That explains perfectly why the Marathon is such a test. And the feeling you get when you approach the finish line is like nothing else. Now take some time off, heal that ITB.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

And the feeling you get when you approach the finish line is like nothing else.
          I didn't understand it before but yes, I'll remember that experience, the finish line, forever.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

That was a wonderful report. I think you did great considering the PAIN but even that was transient. Enjoy the winter taper...you're not doing another one are you????
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            Dutchie42

wow Trey, congrats again. That's a really heroic marathon and a wonderful race report!! You did absolutely great. Love the pics Big grin It's quiet here this week. Called the PT yesterday. He wanted me to come in, but I didn't have any time this week or the next. So we agreed on no running till the R-foot is pain free. Then start with a little run (no more than 5K) and see how it goes. Build slowly back up to 10K cause that's how far I could run last week without any pain. Then stay with the 10K's for a while. And oh yes, no running consecutive days. Only every other day allowed. And see how things go. If it doesn't improve, I definitely have to make an appointment. Darn foot Angry How long do you think I'll stick to the advise?

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

quick update, post marathon recovery: Soreness - really wasn't bad at all. Aside from being a little stiff still and, of course my blasted knees/IT bands, my muscles felt normal by Tuesday. Blisters - only remaining tender spot is bottom right little toe. But it's not bad at all. After talking to vertan marathoners from this race, pretty much everyone had multiple blisters with the wet and then humid conditions. Toe Nails - mostly not sore anymore but colorful. Knees - no trouble going up and down stairs anymore. Swelling has gone down completely. I've taken some leisurely walks this past week. I'll test the legs with some light jogging on Sunday (11/2) and see what that feels like. Ennay - how's your recovery going? Perfesser - how's the knee? Aaron - groin? Dutchie - foot? Crabby - hows the fishing? Where's Jeff and Teresa these days? Quiet here lately, hope everyone is doing well.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

Trey - great race! I've been a little behind on reading lately My recovery is going well, I am back up to full mileage this week...onward and upwards although I am very grateful that my last 10K for my series was postponed until November.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

Trey: great that the recovery from the marathon is going so well for you. Foot: pain free since Friday, but was out of town for a Halloween party which got really really late (2AM) especially for someone like me who's usually fast asleep by 10PM. So slept in this morning, than my friends and I went to a wellness spa (I suppose that's what you'd call it) for a relaxing whole body massage and a lovely lunch. Didn't get back home till 4PM today. And back to normal I went. Meaning grocery shopping, cooking etc. Anyways, will do a 3K recovery run tomorrow (when I have to walk the dogs) to test the foot and take it from there.

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Great to hear you're recovering well Trey. My knee recovered awhile ago, but the shin has been chronic. I've cut way back, just easy runs on the treadmill and not running consecutive days, and I think that's doing the trick, It's been feeling a lot better and I'll start running outside again soon. Are you thinking of trying the ING again next year?

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dog-Love

I've been running shorties every day and feeling really good. Nothing more than 9 in the last 3 weeks and my legs are feeling really strong. Today a run in the rain with 2 lady friends...cleaning the boat Tomorrow...may run 5 and then watch kids play soccer. Trey...no fishing in a while and people here sort of feel sorry for me so this month I have been given moosemeat, 3 cohos and 10 pounds of spot shrimp. I did manage to catch 10 Dungeness crabs. Its really good to have successful hunter gatherers as friends Big grin
                        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

I have been given moosemeat, 3 cohos and 10 pounds of spot shrimp. ...
                          Mmmmmmmmm....moosemeat, 3 cohos and 10 pounds of spot shrimp. Smile

Dog-Love

Mmmmmmmmm....moosemeat, 3 cohos and 10 pounds of spot shrimp. Smile
                            Mmmmmmmmmmmmm plus red wine and I am one happy camper! Oh especially if I get a good run in with my doggie! And then if the kids clean the house, well it just doesn't get better than that.
                            Dutchie42

Gorgeous autumn day. How could I not run? How could I not run anything liess than 5K? Very enjoyable run. Spike was enjoying this longer run as much as I was, I think. Spooky loved the mud puddles, sigh. Crabby: sounds yummie (except the moose meat, don't like meat Tongue)) And how nice people bring it to you Smile Perfesser: you got shin splints?

Dutchie

...---...

Are you thinking of trying the ING again next year?
                                Actually, I am. The timing would be right. I learned a lot of things during my first marathon. I now know how to prepare smarter, both physically and mentally - not that I did a terrible job this last time - but you know what I mean (be smarter with stretching, XT, build up to tempo runs, etc). I promised my wife I wouldn't sign up immediately but admit I've been thinking of getting in early at a cheaper fee. Crabby - never had moose but sounds wonderful. COHO and Dungeness crab are 2 of my favorites. Mmmmm. Dutchie - you're a party animal. Clowning around Ennay - awesome.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12