2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly checkin for week 12/15 - 12/21 (Read 274 times)

Dutchie42

Happy Monday Clowning around Did 51 minutes of chest and back plus abs this morning (2/6 count). Using slightly lighter weights because of my R-bicep, though it looks and feels perfectly normal again. Had a 30min run planned but turned out slightly longer cause, well, my feet were in sync with the music again. Plus I had a few walkbreaks cause the BBC showed this clip of Bush having shoes thrown at him. That made me laugh so loud everytime that I just had to walk Clowning around Makes me laugh right now thinking about it Clowning around BTW, the Dutch are know for throwing eggs at our politicians, including that Harry Potter we call our PM Clowning around You get fined with the cost of cleaning the suit Clowning around

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Gig

I did 36 miles last week, including a 15K race yesterday. I wanted to build up to 40 somewhat quickly, and I'm feeling good today, so this might be the week. It worked out that yesterday's race was in the park where there is an ice rink. So, after the race, I took DD and two of her BFFs ice skating. It was a fabulous time. I thought I was completely done working out yesterday, and decided to put off my pushups. However, that evening I was feeling a bit refreshed, so I did the workout, and did better than planned. In all, a great day and a great week. I'm hoping for more of that this week, for myself and the rest of you as well. Smile
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

I took 4 days off - the first was planned, the next three were due to the big ice storm we had. We were without power for 38 LONG hours. I got back on the road today and managed 5.7 miles. Felt great! I'm hoping to be more consistent for a few weeks now, even if I have to use the TM more than I like. Have a great week!

...---...

back on the horse this week, a little better than 4 miles on hotel treadmill tonight. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Only did a shoulders w/o today. Darn my bedroom is cold! Gig: how many pushups did you do Trey: had a nice weekend. Had Friday off, so was extra long too Smile What were you up to? Teresa: ice storm? What's that? We don't get that here, I think.

Dutchie

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Dutchie - "Ice storm" = frozen precipitation in large amounts. Every surface (roads, trees, houses, etc.) gets coated with up to ONE INCH of ice. Trees bend over and huge branches break off. Power lines and poles come down. When you open the door, you hear, "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" - the sound of ice coming down in sheets! We had a HUGE ice storm in 1998. We were out of power for 5 1/2 days. I was 26 weeks pregnant, and my other two kids were 2 and 5. DH's dad passed away the day the storm started, and we were trying to figure out how to get to Wisconsin, plus both of us were trying to work! After that, we bought a generator so we could power up our heat, water pump, refrigerator, and a few lights. Thank goodness! We've used it only a few times, but sometimes we REALLY need it! Fortunately, we got a big thaw yesterday - set records for a high temp in the upper 50s. Snow coming tomorrow! In between storms, I managed 7.3 miles today (1.3 with my C25K friend, and another 6 on my own). 34 and windy, but not too bad.

Dog-Love

This week has been a rest one for me...like all the last couple of ones as well!!! I am definitely glad alaska will move into some lighter days! I am working through my running times and that is always a bad mistake and habit. I still have a couple of weeks to make my goal and I will get back to it once the weekend hits. Am traveling today to Anchorage Gig, you are doing so well...all around work outs and skating with the gals. My dd just told me what BFFLs are. Cracks me up watching her with friends. THt rink looks like a ton of fun. I'll take pictures of our outside rinks one of these days Yesterday instead of running I went for a walk along the lake by the glacier and our resident wolf was howling up a storm. There are parts of winter that I just love here in Juneau.
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                Gig

Only did a shoulders w/o today. Darn my bedroom is cold! Gig: how many pushups did you do Trey: had a nice weekend. Had Friday off, so was extra long too Smile What were you up to? Teresa: ice storm? What's that? We don't get that here, I think.
                  126 on Sunday. 120 just now, but barely. I'm looking forward to tonight's run and karate class. Somewhere, I'll squeeze in some Christmas shopping, too.
                  Dutchie42

Today I did biceps and abs. Was also meant to run, but didn't get my butt out of bed till 6h15. So no run. Planned to run every other day this week (= 4 runs). Now I'll still put in 4 runs, but have to run Sat and Sun. Hope the foot won't mind. Crabby: just enjoy the rest. You'll soon be out there again.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Did a triceps w/o first without any wu (21:37min). Followed by sort of an interval run? 1K@9K/h 1K@10K/h 1K@9K/h 1.5K@10K/h 1K@9K/h 5K in 31:51minutes. I'll work my way up to a temporun with 3K@10K/h Ran on Superstrings, love classical music at a fast beat Wink Finished with a short endurance leg w/o, including abs and a stretch (33:10min)

Dutchie

Gig

I did my pushups at work yesterday, then, before karate class, I got in 11.11 miles. During class, the guy running the warmups had us do pushups, and he was staring at me, grinning, the entire time. Angry
                        Dutchie42

Gig: you did a karateclass after you ran 11 miles Surprised You must have legs of steel.

Dutchie

...---...

a few more miles on the hotel treadmill...ready to be home. Delayed in Newport News...darn weather.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Gig

I ran almost 8 miles today, and then another karate class. Yesterday wasn't bad with 11 plus the karate because I had 45 minutes in between. Tonight, I planned on 5 miles, but took a wrong turn. I managed to get back about 5 minutes before the class. Not to much focus on martial arts tonight--much more on fitness. Super. Shocked It was a tough night. I skipped pushups.

Imminent Catastrophe

Gig, you may have told us but what style Karate are you training in? I did Tae Kwon Do for a few years and it's such a great all-around workout, wish I had the time/energy to do it now.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016