2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-In for 11/3-11/9 (Read 354 times)

Dutchie42

Trey: glad cow's face is working for you Big grin For the better health of my foot no run today, but strength training: chest/back/shoulders (2/6 slow count) and abs.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

6.3 today, on a beautiful, clear fall day. Slight soreness in the leg, I think there will be no running on consecutive days for a while.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Overcast, light drizzle, 58 degrees. Perfect!! I ran 7 miles in 1:16:40, which is a little faster than usual for me. It felt so wonderful! I told my running parter it was one of those days when I felt like a "real" runner. Light step instead of plodding along. My last mile was my fastest, 10:30 (average pace was 10:58). How fun to run 7 miles and feel like it was truly easy. Smile Smile

Top 'O the World!

Beeeeoootiful mostly clear CO morning! Wink 49* F/39% H....3.1 easy paced "recovery" miles for me...which only puts me @ 19 for the week....only minor chatter from hip & feet today - maybe because I did a better job of keeping it down?
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Imminent Catastrophe

Nice 3.9, beautiful day with DW, Daisy and Jojo. It's getting cooler now so the dogs can start coming along and they really like that.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

I run for Fried Chicken!

1st run in 12 days. A slow short 3 miles to test my hip flexor. They were getting tight at some points but a little stretch and the tightness/soreness was gone. I was running very gingerly and I would get these little twitches of pain but I think those might have been more psychological than real pain. No soreness at all after the run which is very encouraging. I think the lunges I've been doing have helped the most.

...---...

Just finished an amazing workout - I ate 7 meatballs (homemade) and a full bowl of pasta. Whew. Tired. Must rest now.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Just finished an amazing workout - I ate 7 meatballs (homemade) and a full bowl of pasta. Whew. Tired. Must rest now.
                  WOW (Workout of the Week)! Big grin

Dutchie42

Such a great athlete you are! What time did you finish Big grin There's no way I could do that with any kind of training (don't like meat Tongue. ) Yesterday was a 7K for me with Spooky.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

This morning ran a 10K with Spooky. Quite an enjoyable run despite the rain and hail (nothing, bad, just a little annoying). I'll have a shower, than I'm off to pick up a new kitty. I've always had at least one cat ever since I was 19 yo. My last one died over a year ago. I really miss having one. Hope the doggies will like her. The doggies grew up with two cats (both were run over on separate occassions). So I'm not expecting really big problems and the kitty's been a round a dog too, so should be ok.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Here's a fun question for you. Not exercise related. I picked up the new (female) kitten. But I'm not very creative today and can't seem to be able to think of any cute names. Got an idea?

Dutchie

Gig

Tenkay? (since you ran 6.2 miles today). My daughter is suggesting Ducky. Confused Big grin from Sofia, (Gig's DD)
                          Gig

Today I began my taper. 13 miles, mostly along the Bay Ridge area of Annapolis. Beautiful roads along the water with the Chesapeake Bay Bridge always visable in the distance. It was 41 degrees when I started, but it seemed like it went up to 50 within a few miles, so I was very overdressed. Other than that, a pretty good run. And now for some yard work. Smile

...---...

worked off a few meat balls with a 4 miler - mixed in some easy trails. Absolutely perfect beautiful fall day. little windy...so maybe not perfect, but darn close. I'm still not there yet, recovery continues. Felt kind of rough. It was felt like a hard 4 miles. But alas, little by little... Cheers.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

5.6 today and that makes 22 for the week, the most since August. Stupid Hillbilly dogs are getting more aggressive. Maybe one of these days I'll bring along a paintball gun. Ha!