2000Km-1243 mile club

weekly check-in 26 Jan-1 Feb (Read 358 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Finally got back outside today. Yay! Easy 6.3 with Daisy. She really liked that. MTA: I've registered for the Twisted Ankle HM in May. It's a really fun (but challenging, hence the name) trail run. Last year I procrastinated and it filled up so I didn't want to wait. Trey, it's in North GA--you're not that far away, you should do this one! Bring Daisy and Hobbes. Also tentatively planning the Mercedes HM in Birmingham next month.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Good morning Perfesser Big grin Yesterday was heavy strength training for chest / back. Forgot abs...... Today will be 10K. I'll go outside for my run I think. Supposed to be sunny. For now I'm cramming for an exam I allready failed twice Roll eyes And given the time I spent studying, or should I say lack of time, I think I'm gonna fail again. My boss thinks it's great I'm taking it for the 3rd time. He said he admired my determination.... if he only new Tongue I so dislike this course! You guys ever had one that you failed more than once because the subject is soooo boring? How did you manage to finally pass the exam? Yeah yeah I know, study, learn!

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Rest day yesterday - traveling this week, rain locally today, so will probably be TM time for my run today...legs will appreciate the softer surface anyway. Perfesser - the Twisted Ankle sounds pretty cool and a great time of the year for a trail run. I'll check out the details today. Hobbes and Daisy will certainly vote yes.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

After 3 hours of cramming I did a 60min run on the TM. I ran at 9.5k/h, but my HR was pretty high from the start. Maybe nerves for the exam I have to take tonight. Anyways, cause my HR was so high I had regular breaks to have it drop down to HR140 before I picked up the pace again. Was a bit disappointed in the distance I covered (8.86K), but quite surprised by my avg pace: 6:43/km. Back to cramming.

Dutchie

Jill_B

I fly.

My ears seem to have recovered and I only have a few more days of antibiotics, so I hopefully will have a good week of running (on the treadmill of course). I did manage to run outside on Saturday & Sunday (yay!) and will do so again next weekend. Also, I signed up for boot camp starting this Sunday and going for 3 weeks (maybe longer if there is interest). The place that is holding it is 2 miles from my house so I plan on running there, doing boot camp and either running back or getting a ride if I can't walk. Should be interesting. I'm also toying around with running the Philly marathon this November and need to decide (1) if I really want to run another big marathon and (2) if I do run it, can I run it hard and fast... mentally I might be there, but we'll have to see. Anyway, my short term goals are to keep my mileage up and not get hurt. I'm off to do 5 on the treadmill!

Bring it on.

Imminent Catastrophe

Perfesser - the Twisted Ankle sounds pretty cool and a great time of the year for a trail run. I'll check out the details today. Hobbes and Daisy will certainly vote yes.
              http://www.rungeorgiatrails.com/twisted.html Wink

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dog-Love

Thanks for the link Perfessor...looks like a tough but pretty marathon. HM looks like a fun Tongue race. I am still gimping along but am starting to enjoy running again. We just got 12 inches of snow so I actually x-c skied today. Yesterday did five on the treadmill and of course I've been shoveling snow. Getting way too old for this. Dutchie...hang in there..study...then pass!
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

5K on hotel treadmill - wanted to run outside since there was a high temp of about 68 today in Hunstville. Abut 2 sec into the run, the winds started kicking up to 30 MPH gusts. Tomorrow it may snow here...rain for sure.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

AnneCA

Weights today. Have a HM on Sunday (2/1), and so I don't want to go nuts with the mileage this week. But then I also know next week is going to be horrorshow on the miles -- I'm having a minor surgical procedure next Friday, and will miss my regular weekend long run during the two days of rest I'm supposed to have afterwards. I can try to make some of that up earlier in the week, but that will be right after the 2/1 HM! Hopefully I will feel up to it. I'm already trying to figure out if I want to go running the Friday morning of the procedure. I have to be at the hospital at 9, so it would be easy to get one in. But the surgery isn't scheduled until 11:30 and I'm not allowed to eat after midnight the night before. So . . . whaddaya think? Run at 6am, then don't eat until, sheesh, probably later in the afternoon, accounting for coming out of general and all that (and I understand nausea is a side effect of anesthesia recovery?). Yeah, that doesn't sound like fun, but it's tempting to get the miles in! And I definitely have to ask if "no food" also means "no coffee." Wink Perfesser, that HM looks like fun -- nice that they give you a little warmup before that climb. Dutchie -- good luck with the exam! I hope it went well. When will you get results?
                    Dutchie42

Gooood Morning ev eryone, Felt soooo tired and sleepy this morning. Dragged my butt out of bed at 5AM, repeating to myself, "I'm up, I'm awake, I'm not going back to bed, I'm up". Had coffee first, checking out the RA forums. Had a second coffee. Changed and hopped on the TM. Started with a 3 min fast walk then ran for 60 minutes at 9K/h continuously. Didn't even stop for water. Had my sips while running. Totally unheard of Big grin Easy going for 50 minutes. Then I got bored but finished the full 60 minutes. Trey: you're nicely ahead of the bunny! Keep it up! Jill: what's boot camp (excuse my ignorance)? Crabby&Ann: I think I passed this time. Will know for sure in two weeks or so. Ann: what are you having surgery for? Anything running related?

Dutchie

anneb

I was tired this morning as well! But dragged myself out to the gym and ran for an hour... just like most mornings. Tongue Fresh snow this morning, and still in the single digits. Man, am I sick of this. I don't think you will *ever* hear me complain in July even when its 75 at 5:30am with 90% humidity! I am optimistic that the weekend is supposed to warm into the 30's and if so I will definitely get outside. Anne, good luck with your HM! I say don't worry about low mileage next week, it is just one week out of the year. It is probably more important that your surgery and recovery go well. I know that's easier said than done though.

Anne

Jill_B

I fly.

Perfessor - run it! It's a nice 1/2! Boot camp is just a gym class, but with a name designed to scare away the weak! Must get on my treadmill... it's sloppy outside today.

Bring it on.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Nice 7.5-miler today. I'm having a good week, after two bad ones. Just pulled ahead of the bunny, but he'll pass me again by day's end. Another good run tomorrow should put a nice gap in there.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Imminent Catastrophe

Perfessor - run it! It's a nice 1/2! ... Must get on my treadmill... it's sloppy outside today.
                              Hmm, strange. I posted a reply earlier today and it's disappeared. Anyway.... I've heard good things about the Mercedes. I think I'll do it. Sloppy outside here too, so 4+ on the treadmill today. I did the "Group Power" class at the gym yesterday for the first time, it was pretty good. Low/moderate weight with barbells, high reps. I'm a little sore today which means it must be doing something. I've been wanting to do some good strength training for awhile and this seems to fit. Just running is not enough!

...---...

8 miles back home on my regular routes. The twisted looks cool. Serious elevation changes. I've got it on the calendar. Just hope I can get DW to commit to going with me so I can register.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12