2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in May 4 - May 10 (Read 272 times)

Dutchie42

Gooooood Morning eeryone, It's a new week people, make it a good one Big grin Was up late this morning. So far all I've done is a 24 minute recovery run and a stretch. Have a great day and a most excellent run!

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Stretching and hip exercises today. Oh, and IPA for any pain Cool

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

3 easy on the treadmill today, just maintenance. I don't really have a plan for this week, I'd like to get a long run in Central Park on Friday if weather cooperates. 5 weeks to Deadwood.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

This morning it was 45 minutes of lifting weights (not too heavy) and a one hour run (8.8K) Still have abs to do some time today. Trey: IPA??? Does the hip feel any better?

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Looks like everyone is picking it up now that nice weather is here. The bunny has been bumped to the bottom of the first page!! Go team

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

...---...

Trey: IPA??? Does the hip feel any better?
              India Pale Ale (IPA) - my home brew for the spring. I'm biased, I know, but this years' is as good as anything you can commercially buy. Hip/groin is getting better every day. Just finished an easy 3 miles with Hobbes, then did my exercises (adductor/abductor) followed by stretching. Slowing down has made a big difference. I've also begun mixing in some walk breaks (both for HR control and for making sure I ease back into it). Thanks for asking.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I run for Fried Chicken!

Hello, just stopping by to say hi. Been running about 2-3 times a week. Not enough to get faster but I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep my fitness up. I've gained weight since I've cut back on my mileage, I was eating like I was running 25-30 miles a week but only running 10-15 miles a week. Not a good combination. Hope everyone is doing well!
                  2 mile warmup and then a 3.6 mile "tempo" run. First week of my transition from 4 day a week schedule to 5 days a week. I've run 6 of the last 8 days and its going OK so far. No unusual pain or fatigue.

Imminent Catastrophe

5 on the treadmil. Probably won't hit 40 this week but I hope to get my long run in 18-20.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Last evening's storms forced me to stay in and eat sausage, pasta, and drink delicious home brew. Darn. That's okay, I'll get out with the neighborhood boys tonight, a 5K on Saturday, and 9 or so this Sunday. Baby steps. MTA apostrophe.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Had to wait out a thunderstorm, but managed to get on the trail for 3. With Mother's Day on Sunday I don't know if I'll be able to get in my long run this week and may lose ground to the bunny again.

...---...

about 4 miles with the neighborhood guys. Going to do a little 5K Saturday morning. No goals, just have some fun.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

Safe Harbor 5K - benefiting the battered womens shelter of Upstate, SC. Nice little turn out this morning. The women and relay teams started at 8AM. The men followed with a start of 8:10AM. My buddy Grant ran with me this morning to help pace me and make sure that I didn't get the "race spirit" and take off and thus undoing all the healing and progress I've made to date. At the finish line, all women participants were given long stem Gerber daisies which I thought was a nice touch. Anyway, I ran it in 28:18...a little better than 9 min pace which worked out well given some tough hills. My buddy Grant, who raced last night in a different 5K as well, had to walk the last hill crest (and who could blame him) so we finished a minute apart. We've had some awesome rainfall these past few weeks. Glad to see the wet stuff but wow, the humidity, our old friend, is back.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

Good job on the speedy 5K Trey! I am heading out for an 8-mile race (Magnificant Mud Puddle Run) although it is a dry morning. My legs are tight and I am just using is as an excuse to go for a different run. I am aiming for 1:12:00. I have been running every day for no good reason and hope I am not overdoing it. Think I will work on stretching later
                              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                                I finished this week a little short of 30 miles, with a great new route - 10 miles (2 loops) around Cape Jellison Point - midcoast Maine. Quiet, shady, lots of shallow downhills with only a couple of sharp uphills, good views of the water... Started a part time gardening job (maybe this will help with the last 5/10 lbs) I may shift my first race of the season from a 10K to a ten miler (2 weeks later) Happy Saturday! A MTA: good luck on that 8 miler!

Recalculating...