2000Km-1243 mile club

May 2012 (Read 303 times)

HappyFeat

I also peeked at NJPhil's log and see that we have another marathoner to congratulate!  So exciting - so motivating!

Way to go Phil! Whoo HoooBig grin Great job on the NJ Marathon last Sunday!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Running Rev'd

I peeked at Kmay's log - Congratulations, Marathoner!!

Thanks! I wrote a bigger race recap on my blog: http://www.cook-pray-love.com/2012/05/flying-pig-marathon-race-recap.html

It didn't go QUITE as well as I had hoped, but in some ways, that's good because it leaves me a lot of room to improve. As I mention in my blog, I had really wanted to come in under 5:00. With the weather conditions and my stomach issues, I had to let that go and focus on what really mattered: finishing.

Next up is Marine Corps in October. Maybe by then, I won't be working 6 days a week and can focus a little more on my training.

I'm very thankful for the support of this group, for inspiring me with your own accomplishments, and giving me another goal to work towards!

Called to Endure - Blog

"Everyone gets the sunset. Only the dedicated earn the sunrise."

Congratulations on your first marathon kmays, great effort in what sounds like hot conditions.  Great write up too.

You never ever forget your first marathon, and just in case, by  finish + 2 days,  you body gives you a good little reminder.  By +4 days you have forgotten all the painful parts of the race and are already planning your next.

Good luck for your next one

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Congrats Kmays and NJPhil!

It's been a whirlwind couple of weeks for me.  The training is suffering a little but I'm managing some base miles at least.  DW's treatment is picking up momentum and the next couple of weeks will be hectic.  She goes in-patient on the 24th to start the bone marrow transplant.  That will start her 5 to 7 month lock down.  We made arrangements for her out-patient portion yesterday so she will have a place to move to once the in-patient is done.  Of course this all has to happen while I'm working 6 days and 72 hours a week Smile.  At least it's all positve news at the moment.  All her tests are looking good and the doctors are optimistic.  The tricky stuff will be over the next 2 months.

Congrats Kmays and NJPhil!

It's been a whirlwind couple of weeks for me.  The training is suffering a little but I'm managing some base miles at least.  DW's treatment is picking up momentum and the next couple of weeks will be hectic.  She goes in-patient on the 24th to start the bone marrow transplant.  That will start her 5 to 7 month lock down.  We made arrangements for her out-patient portion yesterday so she will have a place to move to once the in-patient is done.  Of course this all has to happen while I'm working 6 days and 72 hours a week Smile.  At least it's all positve news at the moment.  All her tests are looking good and the doctors are optimistic.  The tricky stuff will be over the next 2 months.

Best wishes and positive thoughts from the other side of the world

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

it's all positve news at the moment.  All her tests are looking good and the doctors are optimistic. 

Wonderful!  You are doing an amazing balancing act in your life right now, Jeff.  We'll keep you and your family in our thoughts. ((Hugs))

Imminent Catastrophe

Thinking about you and hoping for the best Jeff! Got my shirt and number for tomorrow. I'm in that "what the hell was I thinking" mode. Looks like a nice race.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Have fun tomorrow, PerfesserR! From the website, it looks very scenic and well organized.

http://www.iceagetrail50.com/site/?page_id=35

I just finished what has felt like my slowest string of days ever. Just trying to ride it out and hope to have more pep by May 20 for the 12K race.

HappyFeat

I'm in that "what the hell was I thinking" mode.

Yeah - I peeked - couldn't wait to find out how you did. You were thinking "It's a GREAT day for a 50-milerBig grin"

Congratulations on your race, PerfesserR! You did fantastic!! Not only that, but you could actually run  8 more miles the next daySurprised You've got to have some super-human genes in there.

Imminent Catastrophe

Yeah, that was a good race, Happy. It was an honest course, and by that I mean it was not easy, but not ridiculously hard. Constant hills, mostly singletrack and very little level, it was always up or down. It lived up to its reputation. The last 10 miles were really tough, my legs were just wasted. Then the after-race party was awesome, a bunch of RAers relaxed and watched the finishers come in while enjoying the brats and beer. Good times! 9:50, and that's a 2 hour 5 minute PR at the 50-mile distance. Faster course, but still, I'm running much better and with more confidence. Now, after 3 road marathons and a 50-miler in 4 weeks, I'm ready for a rest break. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Congrats Kmays, Perfesser and NJPhil

Hi everyone Smile

Now, after 3 road marathons and a 50-miler in 4 weeks, I'm ready for a rest break. 

Perfesser: I can't even fathom that.Shocked Fantastic.

Happy: How's the ankle feeling?

Heffa: stay strong!

Me: still running 3-5 kilometers a few times a week plus strength training twice a week. Often I can't even be bothered to log them. But as a goal, I will be logging every run the next few weeks, however short it is. Just to give me a sense of accomplishment.

Have a great day everyone, and a most excellent run.

Dutchie
                        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Running and exercise is suffering a bit around here due to hectic work and life schedule, no long run last weekend. But I am looking forward to a visit to Maine for a wedding, relaxation and running on my old routes.

Jeff - I'm so glad your wife is making progress! I need some pointers from you on time management, even a 55 hour week blows me outta the water organization wise. And that may be my summer schedule...

Happy Monday, I'll check in when I get back, A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

Hi Dutchienice to have you check in. My ankle is feeling good, especially in the spot that was the most injured. A different spot (outside of foot between ankle and heel) has hurt sporadically during my last 2 runs, but I don't think it's too concerning.

I ran my fastest tempo run in a very long time last night. So that gives me hope for next weekends 12K race.

HappyFeat

Reporting in on my 12K race today. My recent speed workouts (such as they are) seem to be helping. I came in a full minute faster than last year. It could have been more, but I was stricken with a major side ache in the last couple miles. Still I'm pleased with my finish time (1:08:51) and motivated to work towards a faster time for next year.

MTA: I was 6 out of 103 women in my age group (55-59)and 479 out of 2141 total runners. I like those numbers.Smile

The gal I've been trail running was there and came in 4 minutes ahead of me, winning 1st out of 64 in her age group (60-64). Of course she had bicycled 22 miles first! (in prep for Ironman Canada)

Great run Happy. That's a full 5 sec/km faster than last year.  Good improvement.

Me.....stuck in a rut.  Dark and cold when I go to work, dark and cold when I get home,  don't feel like getting out for a run. Sigh.

Also got nothing really planned until September, so trying to find something to keep me motivated until then.  Thinking about a 1/2 in a couple of weeks, so hoping that will drag me out of this stupor. Smile 

Might try and plan for a run "around the block" in July / August.  Admittedly my block is about 72 km but it could be interesting.

I did get out for a 3.6km trail run with my 8yo on Saturday.  Lots of up hills, so almost broke him.  Has his school cross country in a couple of months and he is keen to not get 2nd for the 4th year in a row. So more training with Dad is on the cards.

So how is everyone else feeling?

Goals 2016

Do stuff