2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 4-10 Jan 2010 - starting the year strong! (Read 568 times)

...---...

Trey: I guess I'll have to third the slow start of the year.

Ha ha. I love to tell people, when they ask how the running is going, that I started the year off tapering. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Very soon your log will get a big bump.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

rururunner: welcome. How did you do last year? Stayed near the bunny?

Last year went well.  No injuries and I ended up just shy of 1500 miles.  My goal was actually 2009 km in 2009.  I find the bunny very motivating!

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

...---...

Kill the wabbit.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Teresadfp

One day at a time

6.2 miles on the 19-lap-to-a-mile track at the Y for me today.  Sometimes I think, "Just SHOOT me!!"  Oh, well, better than not running at all.  I guess.

I'm on the right

6.2 miles on the 19-lap-to-a-mile track at the Y for me today.  Sometimes I think, "Just SHOOT me!!"  Oh, well, better than not running at all.  I guess.

Ouch.  That sounds worse than a treadmill....and I can't stand those.  +1 to still better than not running. 

I'm Eric, the guy who runs to keep his sanity.

Dog-Love

Well its a good week and I have been enjoying running a long the Waterfront in Seattle.  Warm weather is nice!  I ran with my grad student yesterday and it is a good way to bond and talk about the project.  Still did not see SRLopez. 

Have a goofy fun raceTrey

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

I'm on the right

Kill the wabbit.

And then make yummy stew.

Yes, I am going to wait at the line and eat the rabbit.

3 miles at the YMCA treddie at lunch - missed the early morning run -up late listening to DH groan about major junior hockey...

already way behind the bunny, A

Recalculating...

Hi Dutchie

PR's
                      800: 2:38|1600: 5:18|3200: 11:55|3 mile:19:07

Dutchie42

LOL, Lefty, fancy seeing you here. Now I can kick your butt in two places

Dutchie
                        Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

I just finished a killer work out -  ate 6 little Cinnabons and drank 16 oz of milk in about 3 minutes. I'm ready to run 50 miler now with all the sugar.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I'm on the right

I just finished a killer work out -  ate 6 little Cinnabons and drank 16 oz of milk in about 3 minutes. I'm ready to run 50 miler now with all the sugar.

Killer workout, huh?  So when do you start tapering for Goofy? 

Imminent Catastrophe

Second that slow start to the year.

Goofy in 4 plus a wake up. 

28° Saturday morning. I'll bet you didn't expect that!

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Imminent Catastrophe

Easy 1.5 on the treadmill (it's snowing here!). Still no good, the leg wasn't too bad but the back is still gigging me. I've given up on First Light and Mercedes (along with the Alabama 3N3). I'm still hoping I don't lose too much fitness so I can get back up to speed quickly and still make some spring races, so I did 30 tedious minutes on the elliptical.