2000Km-1243 mile club

2014 goals (Read 17 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

I just thought I'd start this thread for the new year. I don't have much to add, besides that I got into Tahoe 100, so that, and Boston, will be my main focus for 2014. I want to improve on my previous death march at Tahoe and just enjoy Boston without the drama.

New Years' plans everyone?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Puke - you need to cut-and-paste your "plans for the new year" to this thread.

My plan for the new year is to continue working on my 10K PB and figure out how to do that without burnout and without sacrificing my long runs like I did in the last couple months. I have a couple upcoming trail races: 25K in Feb and HM in April.  I think I might train for our local marathon in June - not sure yet since it doesn't excite me. I haven't picked out my next goal marathon ... mentally I'm still on the rebound from my December low point and can't really think too far ahead. My New Years Day 10K went well today though - not speedy - but felt great and that's what I was looking for.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Happy new year!!!

Well, for starters, I hope to get to 2000k this year (finished 2013 90km short)!

I want to run the Oh Meu Deus K 60 in June. Oh Meu Deus (translation: Oh My God) is a trail race across the mountain range close to where I live. It's actually 4 different races: 100miles, 100km, 60km and 20km. I'm going for the 60 km. It'll be my first ultra (if I finish it). Other than that, I'll run as many nearby trail races as possible.

That's it.

Happy running in 2014!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

My main goal is to run 2000 km this year.  I am also running a half marathon in Toronto next October, with a bunch of other ladies from RA.  My other goals are to lose weight, and run longer and longer without walking.  I'd like to get faster, too, but I think that will happen naturally as I go for the other goals.  At least I can hope!

HappyFeat

Happy new year!!!

Oh Meu Deus (translation: Oh My God) is a trail race across the mountain range close to where I live. It's actually 4 different races: 100miles, 100km, 60km and 20km. I'm going for the 60 km. It'll be my first ultra (if I finish it).

OMG is right!  Great name for an ultra - I love it!!!  Good luck with your training. Ze!

HappyFeat

Happy for you that you got into the Tahoe 100, Russ.  I heard about a DVD called "A Glimpse of Heaven and a Taste of Hell" that is supposed to be about the Tahoe Rim Trail race. Have you seen it?

HappyFeat

My main goal is to run 2000 km this year.

Hi Teresa!

I'm wondering if you have a Bunny Chasing Strategy in place like a target number of runs per week or miles per week or anything like that?

I'm here trying for 2000k again. I missed it by a lot last year, I tend to let work stress override my running and overall health, but I believe a can build up to the 27-30 mile week and stay there. House construction is mostly done and shouldn't interrupt.

I would also like to keep up an activity streak of one hour of exercise a day when not running, for example weight training, yoga or a simple walk on rest days .

I'm not particularly competitive but it looks like I have 3 halfs on the calendar for the year, two local and the Toronto run in October, too. I would also like to try some longer runs  (16-18 mile range) to test my will for longer distances. This would be in the prime weather of September through early December.

See you in Toronto, Teresa!

Recalculating...

keeponrunning

Primary goal is not to get injured.

Secondarily, I'd like to hit the 2000km mark.  I'm still considering a full in the fall.  I have a target half in March.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

HappyFeat

Primary goal is not to get injured.

Hi Keeponrunning!  Yes, let's hope none of us get injured. Good luck chasing the Bunny!

Imminent Catastrophe

yes Happy i've seen that, it's a few years old but still good motivation for me last year.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hi Teresa!

I'm wondering if you have a Bunny Chasing Strategy in place like a target number of runs per week or miles per week or anything like that?

Well, I am aiming for five runs a week, for at least 25 miles.  That is about all my strategizing for now!

Puke - you need to cut-and-paste your "plans for the new year" to this thread.

OK Happy

Goals for the year ahead;

• March - I am not doing the Tarawera ultra this year.  Instead I am pacing the last 40 km for the mate who dragged me out for that run when I really needed it.
                            • May - Having another crack at going sub 4 at the Rotorua marathon - might actually train properly this time
                            • August - Try to go under 100 min at the Cambridge half
                            • September - Marton to Wanganui ultra.  Two options, try and go under 6:50 for the 66 km, or join a colleague and attempt the first ever Wanganui to Marton to Wanganui run
                            • November - Maybe, just maybe, the 100 mile Round the Mountain ultra.....all on road
                            • December 31st or earlier, compete 2014 km

All that plus increase my frequency of mid-week runs, struggled with those in the second half of the year.

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

This is great. Next December we can come back to this thread and review. :-)

I should add "more consistent yoga" to my New Years Resolutions, and shoot for three 45-min sessions per week.  I just did a 2013 graph of my yoga time.  I did pretty well until about August and then diminished. Overall the bar graph was very irregular. :-(  I like to see even lines and regular patterns.

HappyFeat

Well, I am aiming for five runs a week, for at least 25 miles.  That is about all my strategizing for now!

Excellent plan! You'll catch the Bunny for sure!!