2000Km-1243 mile club

Hello April (Read 526 times)

Dog-Love

Thanks for your thoughts...all!!! 

Its a 50 degree beautiful day for a short run before giving my last final!  Friday I hear if I am picked for the NY marathon and if not I will do the Juneau marathon. 

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Thanks for your thoughts...all!!! 

Its a 50 degree beautiful day for a short run before giving my last final!  Friday I hear if I am picked for the NY marathon and if not I will do the Juneau marathon. 

They aren't the same day!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

They aren't the same day!

Ha Ha...Funny!. You may not know this about me, but I am a one marathon a year kind of gal.

Right now I can barely imagine a HM.  But hey spring has sprung!

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, you'll know about NYCM in a few minutes. Good luck to us both!

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

No NYC Marathon for me Cry.  Anyone else have better luck?

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Imminent Catastrophe

Nope. 4-time loser but had automatic entry last year so it's not so disappointing.

3 time loser for the NYC lottery.  At least I know I'm in next year.

It's my night shift day off again and I'll be heading out for my 3 AM run shortly.  I've got some confidence from last weeks outing so I'm going to take advantage of my day off and do my long run. 

Sorry about the NYC disappointments. 

Dog-Love

Not me this year either!  Will try again.  Juneau anyone?  Salmon bake afterwards and I can promise a nice tour of the Juneau trails.

HappyFeat

Not me this year either!  Will try again.  Juneau anyone?  Salmon bake afterwards and I can promise a nice tour of the Juneau trails.

Out of curiosity, I looked up the event website, Crabby. It looks very inviting!

Not that I could run a marathon or travel anywhere in the near future, but maybe someday.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Dog-Love

Its a very Friendy marathon and sometimes the weatehr is HORRIBLE (45 degrees wind and rain) and sometimes perfect (55 and clear).  The middle 9 miles are beautiful (glacier views, waterfalls, waterfront) the the beginning 8 and last 8 are the same (in reverse) and for me are a bit monotonous along the road.  The whole thing is an out and back but there is great local support and it is a small one if you want the opposite of NYC.

I think I may try for a 2011 WestCoast Trail HM...will have to research this

Paced the Country Music Half-Marathon today at 2:45.  That's a 12:35 pace which turned out to be a little harder to hold than I expected.  It's not fast enough to jog, but not so slow that you can walk a lot.  Wound up deciding on a 3@11:30/1-1.5 minute walk plan.  Worked out well for me as I finished around 2:44:58, but I don't know that it worked so well for those in the group.  The big problem was that it warmed up quickly and it was downright hot for the last 4 miles or so.  Unfortuately, the profile of the course prevents you from banking much time early so, even though I knew the last miles would be harder, we had to hold pace the whole way.  I think I lost a lot of runners those last miles, even though we were right on pace.  Still, several people achieved their goal time so that's something.

Hope things are going well in NJ and NZ.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Imminent Catastrophe

Ran the 15k Mountain Ranger run, put on by the Army Ranger School in Dahlonega. Nice, efficient and low-frills hilly course on fire roads, nonstop hills. Felt good. Just over 9-minute pace, I'm happy with that on this hilly trail run, although it felt strange to run up the hills as I usually powerhike them for ultra training. 

HappyFeat

Planned on doing my 10-mile out-and-back rolling hills route on the bike trail today - which I did - but added on a mile at the turnaround, going up a side road which turned out be a really nice addition. My avg pace was probably around 10:30. Then since I was tired at the end, I decided to run faster for the last mile - and ended up running 9:15 ! Surprised the heck outa me!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.