2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check In May 10-16 (Read 415 times)

Happy: I had Brooks Glycerins - I think they were good to my feet just a bit heavy and not so flexible - I'll have to look up the Addictions. Right now I'm back to the mizunos - I wish I could get more than 250-300 miles (sorry) in them. Oy Canada - I'm going to have to write my goal paces in sharpie on my arm for km for the race! Hi Trey...

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

Russ, how come you're having ALL the fun!  Now just take it easy tonight and tomorrow. You may not feel the full effects of whiplash right away.  Thanks for the photo of the rattler...he's beautiful...from the safe distance of my screen!

I'm at work..gotta go now.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Just a dude.

Wow perfessor... you get all the excitement!  I'm somewhat glad I don't run into snakes on my runs... Some nights tho I have seemed to be very close to coyotes... and I've chased deer a time or two...

11 today with 8x400 with 400 jog... Felt kinda crappy today... very tight legs... but it ended up being a good workout...

Gonna run a bit with my bro Saturday, so that should be fun...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dutchie42

Perfesser: snakes would scare the crap out of me. We only have the small non-poisonous kind here and I've never seen one in the wild.

Crabby: you are gaining on me. Get your shoes on and get ahead of me before I get the OK to run again, then I can chase you   I'm not allowed to dive now that I have this eye thing. Better strike it of off my list of things I still want to learn.

Me: gas is almost gone now. There's one larger bubble and one little bubble left. I'm so hoping they tell me on Monday I can get back to running and exercising in general. Weather is looking up here finally. Think I hop on my bike and go get the groceries myself today. With the gas nearly gone, I should be OK to do that.

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Slept in so its a rest day today (from the whopping 8 miles run this week) perhaps I'll take a long walk after work. I think my body is still working on getting rid of that cold from last week - I've been pretty tired.

Dutchie: Good to hear from you - we will cross our fingers for you running next week.

12000M, 5000M  planned for the weekend - I dunno - the high numbers make it seem far. I like saying to the park and back!

Recalculating...

...---...

Stiff and tight 3 miles, hot, humid, and windy - probably need to start switching over to morning runs soon.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I did some Tri transition training today.  Practiced getting on and off the bike for a while then did some swimming with a transition to bike.  It was HOT today!  I'm thinking it's time for a test run tomorrow.

Just a dude.

Well, 15.7 today... hilly with lots of dirt... and its getting hotter...

Oooops!  that's 25,266 meters today... sorry...

Barirng a catastrophe tomorrow, this will be my first week over 60 miles 100,000 meters... I'm kinda excited about that... I hadn't really intended to keep upping my mileage after I hit about 50 80000, but it seems to be creeping up on its own... /shrug

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Imminent Catastrophe

21,565 meters in Central Park on a beautiful but windy spring day.  One week to the Marathon.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Finally tested the foot out today, it seems to be doing fine.  That is a huge relief.  Looking back at the progression of recovery I'm thinking it was an irritated tendon not a stress fracture.

Practiced my transitions to bike and run today.  It's the first time I've run without socks on.  Felt kind of weird but only a couple minor warm spots.  Did a moderately hard effort of  11265 meters on the bike followed by a spirited 23:23 for 5000 meter run.  I have a goal of 44:00 for the upcoming 10K so I'm not real pleased with the run.  I have not done much speed work recently but I thought my fitness level was better than that.

...---...

16,093 meters at mid day. It was so humid, it was almost soupy, ugh. Packing for a trade show in Vegas, leaving Sunday morning. Yes, I've packed running gear. Mornings should be nice and cool, hope the running along the strip will be doable...I hate treadmills this time of year.

Cheers.

Trey

MTA - Russ, you need a marathon for October...say Oct 30 in Greenville. 8 or so other maniacs are signed up. I'm organizing a MM get-together. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Trey - I just came back from Vegas, the running on the strip was terrible.  My recommendation would be to head directly away from the strip in almost any direction.  The cross walks within a block of the strip make it near impossible to run.
                          HappyFeat

12,000 meters in my magic shoes today

Did the Rhody Run 12K today with a surprising time of 1:13 which makes an average of 9:50/mile. I can hardly believe it.  I ran the first two at about 10:30 and then had to walk the two big hills making the third mile  11:04. So I made up some time on the rest of it.  I couldn't be happier or more surprised, considering the best I've been doing was 10:20 to 10:30 on my best days lately.

I made a last ditch effort yesterday to make some nutritional adjustments, in case my muscle cramps and tightness are from a lack of potassium, calcium, or magnesium. I also massaged, stretched and iced throughout the day. Something worked because I didn't have anything bother me during the run. I was careful with my posture and I walked the uphills because they were early in the race and I was afraid if my AT seized up, I wouldn't be able to finish.

It was a fun event because there was alot of community support...sooo many people along the route, aid stations every mile, two sets of bongo drum players on the steepest part of the big hill - very helpful, and several people with sprinklers or hose end sprayers set up to shower you if you were hot. I definitely took advantage of that and it was sooo refreshing.

I also had my first experience of running downhill not feeling like I was putting the brakes on with every step and my knees didn't hurt - hurray for that. I can't wait to try it again. I was behind a couple with a stroller and didn't want to run into them, but didn't want to pass them; so I focused on the ground behind their feet instead of at the grade ahead. I think it allowed my body to orient itself with the ground in some better way, - don't really know how to describe it - maybe more perpendicular to the ground? Anyway it felt relaxed and not like I was ready to hurtle out of control like usual.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

Nice run, Happy! Sounds like a fun race.

Easy 10,900 m today, I felt a little stiff and some minor aches and pains in right foot and left heel but overall a decent run. It's nice not having to look out for rocks, roots and snakes! That's over 61,000 meters for the week--I like how that sounds!

Trey--I'm not sure what I'm doing in October, I have a number of things in mind, but probably not Oct 30, that's one week before NYCM and after waiting so long to run that race I'm going to be cautious going into it. Say, got anything planned the last week of September? Wink. Yep, I'm on the ultralist too.

I've run once in Vegas along the strip, early in the morning it's really pretty deserted and it was kind of fun. I've heard a lot of people recommend Red Rocks if you have a car.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Easy 12000M and 5000M this weekend I'm feeling better and getting a massage tomorrow. Looks like everryone had a great weekend. Mr computer isn't feeling well so I'm pefecting pinky typing on the phone -I'll let Mom know the piano lessons didn't go to waste

Recalculating...