2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-in 20-26 April (Read 304 times)

Today was the only day off I will have this week so I got in a little over 8 miles with some tempo thrown in. I'm not sure what is happening with my runs recently, they just are not feeling good. It might be the warm weather, maybe it's the hit or miss schedule I'm on......I'm just not sure. All I know is that it's ticking me off. It certainly was a great day for the US runners at Boston today. Let's hear some other race reports!

Imminent Catastrophe

Charles River loop in Boston, 3.9 miles. Because you HAVE to run on Patriot's Day in Boston. It's the law! DW finished Boston in 4:58:57, tears in her eyes. Yay!Cool

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

anneb

Awesome!

Anne

Great job Mrs. PerfesserR! Final week of taper. 3 miles today (out of 9 for the week). Then the 26.2 long run on Saturday.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Dutchie42

Hi all, Mon...was an abs w/o, back/triceps w/o and a 3.2K recovery run with Spooky. Tue...trying to get my butt out the door for a 5K run. How bad can it be? It's dark out! Perfesser: was it her first marathon? Heffa: maybe you need a few days off? drphibes: which marathon will you be doing?

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dog-Love

Wow...great job Mrs Perfessor! I am getting back into the swing of things. Was in Berkely for a while so I got to run my favorite Firetrail in Strawberry Canyon YUM! Back on the colder trails of juneau today for a shortie but a good one
              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                4 easy today. Legs felt dead so I've decided to skip the 2 miles tomorrow. Probably won't make any difference physically one way or another, but mentally it's bound to help. Dutchie: I'm running the Country Music Marathon on Saturday. My first. Current forecast calls for a high of 85F Evil grin

Dutchie42

Absolutely fantastic run! Chilly morning though. Misty too, couldn't see the other side of the lake at all. Spooky was on leash for the whole run. Amazingly, no breaks for doggie business. Odd huh? drphibes: you'll do fine. Are you aiming for a specific time or just to finish?

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

I originally thought I could do 5 hours, but I've realized that novice training programs don't really give you enough weekly mileage to make time projections. Between my lack of base and the heat I'm just going to finish and not worry about my time. My number one goal now is to enjoy it enough that I want to do the next one.

AnneCA

Did just shy of nine this morning, another effort at "marathon pace," and I overshot it again. Not as much this time - I think I was averaging 9:30, when I'm aiming for 9:40, so I think I'll settle into it. Leg is still sore but continuing to feel better. I am in love with my foam roller. Hurts like hell doing it, but then, ahhhhhh.

Imminent Catastrophe

Hard 6.3 mile workout with some 100m strides and hit the hills hard. Dutchie--this was her fifth and she swears it's her last.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

I'm working on another 30 mile week after doing a low week last week. I ran 5K at tempo pace yesterday (couldn't flake out after watching the Boston marathon all monday morning) and I did an easy 3 with some core/ physioball exercises this morning. I think I've found a RP in my neighborhood, I hope I'm not too slow for her. Congrats to Mrs. Perfesser! And OMG its supposed to be 70ยบ here in Maine this weekend... yeah global warming! Have a good week, A

Recalculating...

Imminent Catastrophe

17-miler today, 8.5 miles with a 1300-ft climb and return, it's a pretty good training course for Deadwood. I was OK until about 15 when the wheels came off. Even though it was downhill I was just done, completely out of gas. Looks like I need more long runs. Man, that last couple miles were tough! But more importantly... It was my longest run since last August, and...I caught the bunny! Whoo hoo! Only took me 4 months. Big grin

HappyFeat

Yaaay! for the PerfesserR overtaking the Bunny - well done! I see everyone is passing me up with all these long runs they're doing. I'm happy to stay even with the Bunny, but don't know that I'll be able to stay on page one. If the Bunny slips off, so will I.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

Happy, you can certainly keep pace with some maintenance runs. Even if the rodent catches you, you won't be too far behind and will be within striking distance. BTW I think the fact that I hadn't eaten since last night and took no carbs during the run might explain my meltdown at mile 15 today! Tongue