2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in: 2 August - 8 August (Read 425 times)

Happy Monday!

Its a holiday here in Halifax, so I'm making chicken stock and food prepping for the week at a leisurely pace. 5.6 miles this beautiful morning on a crowded boardwalk (tourists get up early). My legs are still a little jello like from Friday's weight training and walking around in heels last night.

Tues: 1 hr weight training with PT and I'm adding in a 3 mile run later in the afternoon - time to start adding in some more miles

Wed: spin class

Thurs: resting up for long run on the weekend.

How's it going for you?

A

Nature is unable to make a really first-class job of anything if she is hustled...

Halifax Bluenose HM May 2014

Toronto Waterfront  HM October 2014

Evening all

Did a 5.5 kilometer recovery run on the treadmill this morning on remarkably fresh legs. I still have strength training to do after dinner, but dinner isn't ready yet, so don't know...

Dutchie
      I go running in the early morning, before my brain figures out what I'm up to.

Run the day, or the day runs you.

Actions determine state of mind - Aristotle

Had a 7 kilometer interval run planned.

First 2 kilometers were short intervals @ 10K/h, with many breaks to stretch my calfs. Darn they were tight again. Then 1 kilometer @10K, another break and stretch, followed by 2 kilometers @10K, short recovery break and the last 2 kilometers@10K. Finished with 100 meters each @ 9.5/9.0/8.5K and I was done with today's run. Walked it off for another 3 minutes.

Added on a 20min LB w/o (lunges, squats, deadlifts) and a nice stretch.

Dutchie

Dog-Love

I ran my favorite 8K trail with my favorite running buds and am still quite sore.  Will keep at it though
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            I've been waking up at 3AM for the past 4 days. And be wide awake. Not sleeping for hours. The first two days even still being awake when the alarm went off. This morning I felt so exhausted I slept thru the alarm and didn't wake up till 6h30ish. Missed my 90 minute run ofcourse, I could do it tomorrow and just skip my run today. I may have to cause I just had a pizza for dinner. You think I can run after an hour? Can be an easy run, maybe 30 minutes? Or will the pizza come out again? I've never done well running after dinner. I would always have some type of stomach upset. Ah well, I'll just have to wait and see.

Dutchie

Just a dude.

That's one thing I have been blessed with... I can eat pretty much anything and run right after...  In fact, if I run right after work, I prefer to eat a bit of something before I go out... I do better with something sitting in there... can be pretty much anything...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

I've been waking up at 3AM for the past 4 days. And be wide awake. Not sleeping for hours. The first two days even still being awake when the alarm went off. .

You too!!!  I've never had any trouble sleeping, but I feel like I haven't slept since last week! It's the worst thing ever! It seems to be going around. I have a coworker who is having the same issue since last week as well.

Use your momentum...keep going.  You know you can make it.

I'm on the opposite program lately. I slept mostly all of 10 hours last night! I made it through the double workout on Tuesday (weight training in the morning and run in the afternoon - how does Dutchie do it?) and spin class with hubby yesterday afternoon and I'm tired. The cross training is kicking my butt - I hope I'm getting stronger...

Rest (for the body) today - gotta get a lot done at the office today.

Short run tomorrow

Saturday 12 miles!

Happy Thursday, A

Nature is unable to make a really first-class job of anything if she is hustled...

Ayola: don't be so hard on yourself. I've been doing it since forever. Before I started my second running life, I used to strength train for an hour, than go to a TaeKwonDo class or a high intensity/high impact step class. I've always been an intensity junkie and I just don't know any better. For you it's a new schedule and your body (and mind) need time to adjust. Give it time. And don't forget, about 3 days every month I sort of crash and need like 10 hours of sleep. Though that has a more female related reason

Happy Feat: last night I went to bed an hour later than usual and that seemed to have helped. I managed to sleep thru the night. But only got 6 hours.

Today was chest/back and a 1h30 run on the TM. My calfs were absolutely obnoxious today. They kept getting really tight and I had to stop and stretch. I could run for about 2-3 minutes at a time. When I realised it wasn't getting any better, I just turned it into some sort of interval run: I tried to make it to 3 minutes at "high" speed before I had to stretch. Fitness wise I was fine, but my darn calfs... It wasn't till the last 30 minutes that I finally managed to run for about 5-7 minutes at a time. I think I need to get the foam roller out every day. This is getting really annoying.

Dutchie

I took an antihistamine tablet last night to make me sleep, and did, but apparently not well. I  feel more exhausted than ever in my life. I'm planning to skip running tonight and go to bed early - taking the antihistamine again. Hope to recoup my energy and run tomorrow night.

Imminent Catastrophe

Wow, the 2-million-meter group seems to be in the doldrums, I know I am. Maybe it's the heat or just the time of year, I'm just not motivated, I really have trouble getting going. I found out that Guayaquil is not a runner-friendly town so got 4 miles on the hotel TM. Then another 2 today. Planning a long run* in NYC Saturday, which I'm actually looking forward to.

*The first time I typed "long ruin". Hopefully not a subconscious prediction. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 20/21 July 2013

Boston Marathon 21 April 2014

Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 19/20 July 2014

So I was sufficiently prodded by the PerfesserR's post to hop on the treadmill and knock out 11265.4 meters since as we all know by now - I'm not sleepy! I opted for the TM in case I was too tired to run I'd be close to home. Surprisingly though I did not feel as tired once I started running as I did at the office. In fact, I added a mile to make it a nice Slow Seven. Here's the view from my TM:

Where can I get that treadmill?

Sleepy and soupy 5K and a walk up the hill in the park this morning.

A

Yesterday was 5 x 1K intervals in 95F.  It was HOT, but I wanted to get my run in before the thunderstorms came through.  Today was 20 miles on the bike.  Tomorrow is the annual "Mud Run" (it is actually more of a sand run).   We are competing as a corporate team again this year.  We came in first 2 years ago and second last year.  We WILL repeat as champions this year.

Belmead Trail Fest 50 mile Sep 27-

Tuna 200 Relay Oct 10-11 -

Just a dude.

Running has been ok this week...

Did a 5k tonight... My time was only twice Chris Solinsky's... 

Long run tomorrow... if things go as planned I should top 70 again...  

Legs a bit tired and sore... need them to catch up...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape...