3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Official NorthCoast thread (Read 373 times)

Feeling the growl again

I don't know if they have tracking....and I won't be here to follow it....but you can't have someone chasing a slot on Team USA without a thread for it.

Go DB!  Good luck!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

Thanks

In the past when I have done well - I knew what I could do - Generally

Now I am hoping for much carnage up front and I can slide into the number 2 spot in the last hour

Stats -

FANS24 2009 - Weight 205 Training 120-170 MPW for a solid 4 months with many 30-50 mile training runs - injury free T-Pace 5:48 = 147.4

Worlds 2010 - weight 195 Training 180-240+ MPW for a solid 3 months with many 30-50 mile training runs - injury free - T-Pace 5:40 = 154.5

FANS24 2008 - Weight 210 Training 14 weeks after 4 months off - 1 50 mile race - T-Pace 6:40 - 123.5 

NC24 2011 - Weight 215 - Training - Injury plagued - high mileage in 120s - 70 miles @ LEadville or no runs > 24 miles - Tweaked achillied - T-Pace = 6:20

My biggest concern is the tweaked achillies

My 1st 24 = 123.5 was a disaster in pacing and nutrition - After 6 hours I could only run 4-5 minutes at a time before I would get dizzy and feel like I was going to pass out - I would walk until I felt better and then repeat.  I figure if I can get 123.5 under those circumstance ... If my achillies holds up and I pace, eat, drink and salt perfectly I should be 135-145.

I am not full of confidence in my fitness - But I am full of confidence in my ability to get the most out of my body.  I give it 50% my achillies becomes a serious issue and 50% it does not.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

If there is tracking - I will start slow and likely be doen in 40th+ place in the 1st 50 miles - Move up into the top 20 by 100 and make my move at night.

DoppleBock

http://www.northcoast24.org/2011/results.pdf

Updates are suppose to be here

Hasher Rick is running the timing

C-R

make my move at night.

I always knew you were a night predator. Best of luck to you. Run strong and stay healthy.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Hawt and sexy

I wear my sunglasses at night

I'm touching your pants.

I'll be doing this also..not chasing anything..I plan on posting occassionally here or in the ultra group from the course.

Any news on this?

Latest Overall Lap Race Report as of 9/17/2011 6:57:56 PM

Place Name Division Bib Laps Distance Total 

11 Michael Henze USATF M40 403 70 63.0525 9:55:30

Dopplebock is looking very srtrong. I know he's been outpacing serge. And he is a super nice guy to boot. I'm taking a quick 10. I had been almond mostly since he 3. Have 'run' moratorium of the last few miles. Legs are fresh.. My feet occasionally burn. I'm at about 43 miles a little more than halfway through..idts all PRs since mile 26
                      Ive been almond? Walking

Murphy, Run strong .  

MTA I think you are typing on a mobile device, and more importantly after running 11 hours, so no worries about any typos.  

Go Murphy and Dopplebock!!!  Go go go!!

Still watching the results. Considering all that I have done today and everyone is still running absolutely amazes me. Hope the late night hours are good and DB can recover and work his way back up there. Ultra-man Zach is running as well, so Spaniel should be good for his 50 miler in setting the bar.
                              I'm over 50 miles..dealing with some ridiculous chaffing. If I can get that under control. I should go over 70. A 44 mile pr

Keep it up!!!

~Sara
                                It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan