3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

the challenge thread (Read 506 times)

obsessor

Maybe we had one of these before. This is how it works. For example:

"I challenge C-R to a 5k race. Fastest time on a certified road course, or a track, wins. Time limit: this calender year."

He can

1. Accept,

2. Decline with cause "I don't have any 5k races planned, or XYZ Race for Diseases is not certified." , or 

3. Cede. Plead no contest. Whatever.

the basis for the challenge is that C-R's PR is faster than I think I will do this year, and his last/recent 5k is faster than I think I can do right now. I am the challenger. Unless I can beat 20:13, he would win without doing anything.

what say you to my challenge, C-R?

Anyone else? I will keep the status here:                                                                           

Who What  Time Accepted? leader
    obsessor vs. C-R  5k or 5000M ends 12/31 yes C-R, 20:13, leads by 36 sec., (est TT) 
    spaniel vs. C-R 5k or 5000M ends 12/31 yes C-R, time to beat = 18:03

Ostrich runner

Add a field for handicapping so that the fatasses can call out the nonfatasses.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

obsessor

too much math. Find someone just ahead of you in something. Or make it a weight-loss challenge by percent. Or make it a challenge by percent improvement of some metric. You make your own challenge. It is up to the challenged to pick up the gauntlet.

could be:

Training Miles

Weight Loss

beers drunk

actual running races.

shorts soiled

you name it.

+1

DoppleBock

I think you are suppose to call out someone - 1 on 1 who you would like to challenge

Not a Handicap thing by a personal call out thing. 

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

obsessor

I think you are suppose to call out someone - 1 on 1 who you would like to challenge

Not a Handicap thing by a personal call out thing. 

That's the idea. For example, I might challenge DB to a 24 hour race, but I don't have one planned. Besides it being ridiculous. I would call him out on the one mile, but I am not within shouting distance of that. Maybe by November.

The idea would be to find someone who is just ahead of you in something. Anything. And then challenge that one person individually. If you like the idea of handicapping yourself, then do it. If you want to handicap someone else, suggest it to that one person. See if they accept.

I think that if I can outrun a thinner, younger, more experienced runner, for example, they should be ashamed. So, I might look for one of those.

Ostrich runner

I mean handicapping as part of the personal challenge. That way I can say something like "I challenge Spaniel to beat me on the Tecumseh course by 40 minutes." 

Granted, I'd probably still get my ass handed to me on that challenge by a wide margin.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

obsessor

I mean handicapping as part of the personal challenge. That way I can say something like "I challenge Spaniel to beat me on the Tecumseh course by 40 minutes." 

Granted, I'd probably still get my ass handed to me on that challenge by a wide margin.

damnit man, of course! Just make sure it is not a lame-ass challenge or this group will certainly poke some fun at you.

Ok. Shall I add it?

I'll give it some thought, but just wanna say: Glad you're back posting and running again, obsessor.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Hawt and sexy

I can challenge a fattie to a wing eating contest? Or like time to eat the Atomic Wings at Quaker Steak and Lube?

I'm touching your pants.

Feeling the growl again

I'll give it some thought, but just wanna say: Glad you're back posting and running again, obsessor.  

This, and....

thanks asshole.  It's only a matter of time before DB cleans my clock on this one.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Glad you are back obsessor and I will pick up that gauntlet. I needed something to get my fat, lazy, unmotivated ass in gear.

Sweet!

Now do I have to challenge someone or can I just have at it with O?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Now do I have to challenge someone or can I just have at it with O?

Well if you want to both give and receive, I'm your huckleberry.

I say I can take your ass by 3:45 in a 5K*.

*I reserve the right to run it solo on the track if I cannot find an appropriate race by 12/31.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

It's on like Donkey Kong.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

obsessor

That should be so easy, it's insulting. What happens when we run low 18's? If C-R can run a 20:13 (6:31/mi) at 20 lbs overweight, I figure he should easily be in the 35 to 40 sec. a mile faster when that comes off. Without improved fitness.