3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

the challenge thread (Read 506 times)

Feeling the growl again

That should be so easy, it's insulting. What happens when we run low 18's? If C-R can run a 20:13 (6:31/mi) at 20 lbs overweight, I figure he should easily be in the 35 to 40 sec. a mile faster when that comes off. Without improved fitness.

Bloody hell I need to not respond to this stuff after a couple beers.  Apparently it completely eliminates my math skillz.  I can see how it looked like I was going to throw this like a Chinese badminton player....mid/low 15's by 12/31 my ass.

C-R, if you are agreeable, let's amend this to 2:10.  If you run a 19:30 this puts me at needing 16:20.  The fastest 5K I have run since moving to Indiana is 16:17, so that is a hard but reasonable bargain from my end.  If you get in PR shape I will be hosed (15:50ish).

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I'm going to enjoy watching all this.  Great idea.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

I'm going to enjoy watching all this.  Great idea.

This ain't a peep show.  Throw down.  How about a whiskey shot per lap to failure? 

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Ostrich runner

This ain't a peep show.  Throw down.  How about a whiskey shot per lap to failure? 

Now we're talking. I might have some new North Wilkesboro shine coming in too.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

No, I quite like the voyeuristic approach to all this.

Whisky to failure (is failure passing out, or just vomiting) sounds like I'll be hurling rather a lot of whisky...though nowhere near as much as you (given I can feel it when I drink 1 glass of wine and have never been sick through alcohol because I have always stopped drinking before the "you're going to regret this" switch gets numbed by EtOH. 

I'll try to come up with something, if you don't do something bad and make me at least refuse to join in first.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Prince of Fatness

This ain't a peep show.

That depends on who the peeper and the peepee are.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

That sounds like a proper challenge. Make the change.

Seems the only time I come on here, I get called out by someone. Well, I say bring it all (except that 24 hour stuff - that's just mad).

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

obsessor

Bloody hell I need to not respond to this stuff after a couple beers.  Apparently it completely eliminates my math skillz.  I can see how it looked like I was going to throw this like a Chinese badminton player....mid/low 15's by 12/31 my ass.

C-R, if you are agreeable, let's amend this to 2:10.  If you run a 19:30 this puts me at needing 16:20 17:20. The fastest 5K I have run since moving to Indiana is 16:17, so that is a hard but reasonable bargain from my end.  If you get in PR shape I will be hosed (15:50ish).

FIFY

Feeling the growl again

FIFY

Sigh.   I am officially an idiot.

Let's call it 3:00 then and I'll just shut up now.

Ostrich runner

I challenge CR to beat me by more than 15 minutes at Tecumseh. 

I challenge CR to beat me by more than 15 minutes at Tecumseh. 

I like it. You're trying to bring CR out of hiding!

Feeling the growl again

I like it. You're trying to bring CR out of hiding!

He's getting my ass out of bed at 5:45am....apparently he's not hiding well enough.

Ostrich runner

He did guarantee that he'd be back to take out his revenge on Tecumseh.

C-R

Oh yeah. Let me check that I'm not working some fickin volunteer gig for the Colts that day. If not, I'm your Huckleberry.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ostrich runner

Oh yeah. Let me check that I'm not working some fickin volunteer gig for the Colts that day. If not, I'm your Huckleberry.

Hey huckleberry, hope you're getting ready.