3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

the challenge thread (Read 506 times)

Good luck Ultra man, I'll hopefully see you on the other side at Boston '14...

Thanks. And oh yes, I will be there. That'll be my next official stab at running a "fast" marathon.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Greg, do you mind if I create a separate thread with a table to track the challenge takers progress.  I need something like that to keep me motivated.

I don't mind at all. I think it's an excellent idea.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

xhristopher

You folks are crazy. I'll have fun watching.

Feeling the growl again

You folks are crazy. I'll have fun watching.

This isn't a peep show.  Throw some skin in the game.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Its the Hurtlocker. Participation in any stupid stunt is not optional. Only a note from your mom will excuse you.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

xhristopher

OK, I'm in for Jan, Feb, & March.

I put my name in for the Mt. Washington lottery. That's a big enough demonstration in stupidity.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I was tempted to do this, but I'm actually trying to follow a training plan right now. If not for a bit of a stumble last week February would probably be higher than January, but unless I do something stupid today or pretend it's a leap year it won't happen.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

I challenge C-R to go head-to-head at the Air Force Marathon.  Whoever goes further under their Boston qualifying mark, and I will spot C-R 20 minutes.  In other words, if he hits his exactly I would need to be 20:01 under mine to beat him.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I challenge C-R to go head-to-head at the Air Force Marathon.  Whoever goes further under their Boston qualifying mark, and I will spot C-R 20 minutes.  In other words, if he hits his exactly I would need to be 20:01 under mine to beat him.

How about this. I'm running the half at the Air Force Marathon, but the full starts an hour before the half. Beat me to the finish. Spaniel, you better have run your cool down and maybe even changed when I hit the finish.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

How about this. I'm running the half at the Air Force Marathon, but the full starts an hour before the half. Beat me to the finish. Spaniel, you better have run your cool down and maybe even changed when I hit the finish.

So with an hour head start, I need to finish before you?  Okay, I can accept that challenge.  Given you 1:45 goal, it should be close if we are both close to plan.  I will have to check if they share a common finish...nothing would be more Hurtlocker than me kicking you in the ass down the final straightaway.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

So with an hour head start, I need to finish before you?  Okay, I can accept that challenge.  Given you 1:45 goal, it should be close if we are both close to plan.  I will have to check if they share a common finish...nothing would be more Hurtlocker than me kicking you in the ass down the final straightaway.

Looks like they meet up in the last 4 miles or so. I was thinking C-R had run sub-3 before, but I was mistaken. I was thinking that would be a challenge for him if I could run a 1:50. If I can manage a 1:45 that would certainly make things interesting when you run me down in the final miles.

C-R

ok you fellas are on

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/