3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Racing Thread (Read 780 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It is actually surprisingly flat.

Well, except for Lookout Mountain. And the other Mountain. And the hills too. Oh, and the rollers.

But yeah, otherwise, pretty flat.

an amazing likeness

1:39:16

But, I think course was short...

Update...actually ran a 1:38:47.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Slo

Throw me in for a little 2 miler this Friday night. Dec 7th. I haven't done this one in two years. Last time was pretty ugly...I dodged into a store front about 150 yards from the finish to relieve GI pressure.

Goal 13:30 and not shit my pants.

(I should be faster but I'm planning on running this highly fatigued due to this stoopid 300 challange)

kcam

You're in, Slo.  Is this on the track or roads?

#artbydmcbride

Day-um kencamet, you had an awesome race in brutal conditions!  Congrats on the hardware!

Runners run

Slo

You're in, Slo.  Is this on the track or roads?

Roads and Bike path.

No one from Indiana doing HUFF 50K/50M?  I just need an excuse to run and I have a few extra home brews that need drinking.  Big grin  Spaniel, how about a challenge?  Maybe me finishing 1.5 hours behind you on the 50 mile?

Feeling the growl again

No one from Indiana doing HUFF 50K/50M?  I just need an excuse to run and I have a few extra home brews that need drinking.  Big grin  Spaniel, how about a challenge?  Maybe me finishing 1.5 hours behind you on the 50 mile?

I'd be up for it, except that I will be up in MI visiting family...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Day-um kencamet, you had an awesome race in brutal conditions!  Congrats on the hardware!

+1  Awesome run kencamet!  Makes me wonder what you could have done in "good" conditions.

+1  Awesome run kencamet!  Makes me wonder what you could have done in "good" conditions.

+2.  That is monstrous.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                      Emil Zatopek

C-R

Holly shit ken. I just saw that. Great run in those conditions.

Love to see what you could do in Chicago (flat course) and good weather.

Excellent.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

I would have gone faster than 2:54 but woulda, coulda, shoulda blah blah blah.

Hold the phone - Just checked results and I got 2nd in the 50-54 AG!  Woohoo.  That and 7 bucks will buy me a starbucks Costa Rica Vente Grande or some such brew.

Holy crap, I missed this.  Outstanding!!!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Way to go kencamet!  Congratulations.

steph  

I had a really good day despite epicly bad conditions.  The only thing worse conditions I've run in was 2007 Chicago - I'll take wind and rain over 90+ temps any day.  I started out running 7 min miles fully expecting to jog it in but I kept passing or seeing my racing buddies and I couldn't just give it to them, could I?  F that.  They want to beat me they gotta earn it.  So I gradually shifted more and more into race mode and by the last 5 miles the wind and rain became pretty much of just a light rain.  Up till then a driving rain and tough winds.  The start was fricking horrendous with VERY heavy rain and probably at least 30-40mph gusts.   I was very strong for the last 5 miles and passed a whole lot of folks, I think on a good condition day I would have gone faster than 2:54 but woulda, coulda, shoulda blah blah blah.

Hold the phone - Just checked results and I got 2nd in the 50-54 AG!  Woohoo.  That and 7 bucks will buy me a starbucks Costa Rica Vente Grande or some such brew.

Hello!  Very good performance in biblical weather, Ken.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Ostrich runner

Unless they just changed it, HUFF is only a 50k. I'm not sure if the new course is actually 50k either...the old course was 33 miles.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum