3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

4th Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile - July 27, 2013 (Read 371 times)

Ostrich runner

Any chance there'll be a live video feed of this epic event, like on Universal Sports or such?

Joking

If someone has a Go Pro, perhaps we can hook up a vomicam.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Ostrich runner

The pain is in my lower butt and sometimes travels down the back of my leg.  Weird thing is the times that the leg goes numb it feels like it is in the quads.  I get the sensation that my knee will give out and it stays above the knee.  Almost like two separate issues.

Typically hip joint pain refers to the front. You might look into pain distribution charts to try to identify the nerve involved.

Have a good day out there kids. At least the weather is on your side.  Looking forward to hearing how things go.

Feeling the growl again

Have a good day out there kids. At least the weather is on your side.  Looking forward to hearing how things go.

Thanks.  Coolest year for the event by about 10 degrees.  Just finished prepping, now people just need to show and toe the line.

Warmup beer...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

kcam

Woohoo!  Beer mile day .... anticipating results.

Feeling the growl again

Woohoo!  Beer mile day .... anticipating results.

1- spaniel - 7:14

2- C-R - 9:19

3 - beef - 11:49

4 - Trent - 16:11

5- hacker2000 - 19:59

6- WhoDatRunner - 39:XX

Post more later.  Already buzzed.  Lots of pics.

MTA:  corrected place/times.  Who the hell hired that timing company....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Ah, the smell of fine beer and fresh vomit on a lovely summer day.

C-R

9:19 and a confirmation that bud light platinum sucks. Bested the goal. Awesome company.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent was 4th, beating hacker damnit. 16:11 or so.

Feeling the growl again

So yeah...too much good beer.  Wonderful company.  Nailed the beer temp.  Nailed the beer choice (scotch ale, low carbonation).  Lost some time to having one bad beer which was really fizzed for some reason.  Lost most of the time to the running, ironically; really, really weak right now for some reason.

C-R and beef both schooled me off the line...dang were they fast.  I saw 14sec on my watch when I hit split off the first beer and I was already significantly behind, I didn't catch them for 100 yds.  Damn fine, guys.

Ostrich runner

I think I was 11:49...I'm sure it was +/- 5 seconds from there, but I think that was what was called out.

Feeling the growl again

Ah, the smell of fine beer and fresh vomit on a lovely summer day.

Still keeping our record of no vomiting...although Trent was digging in and pushing his limits.

Prince of Fatness

Nice work!  Just reading the results brings back some fine memories.

Not at it at all. 

Warmup beer...

That sounds like a fantastic thing to do.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Pictures?

steph