3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

4th Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile - July 27, 2013 (Read 371 times)

Feeling the growl again

Pictures?

Gone all day, some issues getting them online.  Soon.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

WhoDat thinking "Every year I say I'm never doing this again, and every year I let this asshole talk me into it..."

C-"Lightning"-R getting off the line in an amazing ~11 seconds -- a Spaniel Farms record by about 2 seconds.  Of course, he was drinking Bud....

Trent trying not to hurl...

beef and WhoDat looking far too serious...

The podium....

Since trusting Trent with my son and a camera would likely have resulted in the boy being stuffed in some random and potentially scary place, someone else had to hold the camera...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Thanks for posting those. Looks like it was a fine day for running and beer drinking.

Slo

Looks like you guys had a great time. I would have loved to have been there but I was chasing WriglyGirl across the state of Iowa on bikes stopping in every town to drink beer.

Prince of Fatness

Nice!

Not at it at all. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

WhoDat thinking "Every year I say I'm never doing this again, and every year I let this asshole talk me into it..."

I'll be holding a press conference to announce my official retirement from the Beer Mile.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

I'll be holding a press conference to announce my official retirement from the Beer Mile.

Isn't that sort of like saying you're leaving the mob?  It just doesn't happen.  Big grin

Though the thought occurred to me on lap 3 and consideration lasted well into lap 4.

We'll see if that happens.  Cool

...regarding the press conference.  I think the only way you'll get out of it is if you move across country.

Looked like a good time.  Thanks for sharing some pics.  Now, we just haven't seen any pics from Slo on the Ragbrai trip.  He needs to get after that.

So jealous!

Congrats, guys.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

C-R

Ummm. NO. You can't retire from this crew.

You can't talk to the HR department. Vince, Vinny and Rocko handle all retirement requests.

Nice picks and it was Bud Light Platinum (my lord that was some horrible shit).

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/