3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

4th Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile - July 27, 2013 (Read 371 times)

C-R

Ok. Let me throw out one other goofy option to consider. To help people justify the trip to IN perhaps we wrap this around another event in town. Frankly, we have 5ks out the ying yang in summer but you can do those anywhere. I looked at last  years schedule and in mid June there was the Park to Park Ultra (57 miles) in spaniel's back yard and the first week of August is the Eagle Creek trail marathon (HM, 15k). Now those of us unable to run a 50+ miler or marathon can crew or run what we can. Beer mile can happen after. Now certainly not ideal for beer mile PR's but ......

So throw stones at it if this is too far off. Just trying to help entice more people. 

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Ok. Let me throw out one other goofy option to consider. To help people justify the trip to IN perhaps we wrap this around another event in town. Frankly, we have 5ks out the ying yang in summer but you can do those anywhere. I looked at last  years schedule and in mid June there was the Park to Park Ultra (57 miles) in spaniel's back yard and the first week of August is the Eagle Creek trail marathon (HM, 15k). Now those of us unable to run a 50+ miler or marathon can crew or run what we can. Beer mile can happen after. Now certainly not ideal for beer mile PR's but ......

So throw stones at it if this is too far off. Just trying to help entice more people. 

What IS ideal for beer mile PRs?

Park 2 Park is June 15th and they have a relay as well (it is mostly a relay in fact, with a handful of people running the full distance).  FWIW for those interested the bulk of the miles are on flat, paved back roads with a few loops through the county's parks.  And it almost is in my backyard, I run a lot of the course regularly from my home.  Right now that date would be an option.

I like the idea.  Local guys, let's put some thought into this.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

xhristopher

What part of IN? Pretty much all is within 2-2.5 hrs at most.

They moved to Carmel last winter. Right now we're lobbying them to ship the cousins to us in Boston for a week in the summer so the kids can visit. 

It's still a long way out for us but I imagine we'll make the trip sooner or later. 

It seems we're always traveling on the weekend and I miss otherwise fun race opportunities.

C-R

They moved to Carmel last winter.

Hey I know someone who lives in Carmel.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

Hey I know someone who lives in Carmel.

So do I.  IIRC he likes beer.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I wonder what the chances are that I can talk the wife into two day-long drives to meet up with a bunch of imaginary internet friends... to run a mile while drinking.  Well, a guy can try, right?

(Note - don't schedule around me, I'll work with the chosen date if I can.  I have no idea what the summer will bring yet.)

If you convince the Mrs. on this trip, and can make room for one more, count me in!  OR.... I might even be able to bribe Mistersippi to venture out of PA for this one and we could caravan!

Michelle

C-R

So do I.  IIRC he savors a good likes beer.

FTFY

an amazing likeness

Do you do any of the Des Moines races MT...Like the dam to dam?

I haven't, but only due to not being in Des Moines during either the Dam2Dam or the Des Moines Marathon.  For some reason, the Des Moines people want to come to Maine for any meetings in the summer and fall.  Apparently 70F and ocean breezes are of interest versus Iowa in mid-June.

Most of my Des Moines runs are on a couple of the rail-to-trail greenways in Clive, West Des Moines & Johnston -- primarily the Raccoon River Trail and the Clive Greenway.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Slo

I haven't, but only due to not being in Des Moines during either the Dam2Dam or the Des Moines Marathon. 

Both of those are excellent races.

I have a Sister and Brother in that area. I've only done Dam to Dam once, loved it...It's not a PR course due to the extremly slow start. The IMT is a well run "right sized" marathon. Just big enough.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

If you convince the Mrs. on this trip, and can make room for one more, count me in! 

This could help with the convincing!

Prince of Fatness

Spaniel, I am a remote possibility.  I really had a good time at this last one.

The deal is that I would like to parlay this into a long weekend getaway with Mrs Finn.  Maybe go to Chicago for a couple of days then stop at your place for the beer mile on the way back.

So when you come up with a date for this thing I will work from there.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Spaniel, I am a remote possibility.  I really had a good time at this last one.

The deal is that I would like to parlay this into a long weekend getaway with Mrs Finn.  Maybe go to Chicago for a couple of days then stop at your place for the beer mile on the way back.

So when you come up with a date for this thing I will work from there.

Cool.  We would love to meet her.

I'm sure we and our Chicago friends could help you plan, if need be.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Anyhow, put my name on the list as a maybe.

really.

Prince of Fatness

Anyhow, put my name on the list as a maybe.

really.

Would save me on shipping, so there's that.

Not at it at all. 

Ostrich runner

If I actually get a weekend...

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum