3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

4th Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile - July 27, 2013 (Read 371 times)

I'm planning on joining...and hopefully able to run this year.

What IS ideal for beer mile PRs?

Park 2 Park is June 15th and they have a relay as well (it is mostly a relay in fact, with a handful of people running the full distance).  FWIW for those interested the bulk of the miles are on flat, paved back roads with a few loops through the county's parks.  And it almost is in my backyard, I run a lot of the course regularly from my home.  Right now that date would be an option.

I like the idea.  Local guys, let's put some thought into this.

Interesting.  This I may be able to explain to my wife.  Trying to explain driving 8 hours to run a mile while drinking beer she will not understand.  Big grin  There is also a 12 hour race Hawthorn Half days which you can run for as little or long as you like sometime in June.  I hear they have had problems with people stealing out of cars though.  WG could probably add more context.  Anyway, I like the idea of another event plus the beer mile.

Cool.  We would love to meet her.

I'm sure we and our Chicago friends could help you plan, if need be.

Yep, I live in the Chicago area.  If you need anything, eatery recommendations, breweries/pubs, places to run or stay let me know.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Summer dates:

June 1 - out for me

June 8 - could possibly work for me

June 15 - out for me

June 22 - Grandmas Marathon, out for me

June 29 - probably out for me

July 6 - ?

July 13 - this was last year's weekend, looks good although there are some other running events that weekend

July 20 - looks okay for me

July 27 - looks okay for me

Aug 3 - so so for me

Aug 10 - so so for me

After that, kids are back from camp, school has begun and Summer is over...

Feeling the growl again

OK people, Trent has started the process.  Let's see what date works best for people.  This post will be updated to roll up everyone's input:

June 1 - OUT

June 8 - Trent(?); WhoDat; C-R(-); hacker(-)

June 15 - Trent(-); WhoDat; C-R (ultra); hacker  -- local <50mile ultra and ultra relay this day as well

June 22 - Trent(-); WhoDat; C-R; hacker

June 29 - Trent(-); WhoDat; C-R; hacker

July 6 - Trent(?); WhoDat(-); C-R; hacker

July 13 - Trent; WhoDat; C-R; beef(-); hacker; petro

July 20 - Trent; WhoDat; C-R; hacker(-); pfetro

July 27 - Trent; WhoDat; C-R; hacker; pfetro

Aug 3 - Trent(?); WhoDat; C-R; hacker

Aug 10 - Trent(?); WhoDat; C-R(-); hacker

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

July 6 is probably out for me. Everything else looks OK right now.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

Good lord.

June 1 - out

June 8 - out - big soccer tourney

June 15 - ultra currently for me but if we ran Sunday I could be

June 22 - good

June 29 - good

July  - all good

Aug - first weekend only

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ostrich runner

I know 7/13 is out for me. I know one weekend in August is out, but I don't know which yet. How is this already the 4th?

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

How is this already the 4th?

2010 - me and C-R

2011 - me, hacker2000, WhoDat, another local beer drinker

2012 - me, C-R, hacker2000, WhoDat, MrFinn, WrigleyGirl, Trent, mbehr, pfetro.....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Cool Jump Suit

As of now I can't make it July 20th-21st and June 8th.  Other than that I think I'm ok.

So bittersweet,
                      This tragedy
                      Won't ask for absolution;
                      This melody,
                      Inside of me,
                      Still searches for solution.
                      A twist of faith,
                      A change of heart
                      Cures my infatuation.
                      A broken heart, 
                      Provides the spark
                      For my determination.

Feeling the growl again

Right now everyone who has replied is OK with July 27th, just so everyone knows that this date is leading.  The two July weekends prior to that look like the backups at this point.

Keep'em coming....

I'm up in the air for mid to late July.  We're working on book our camping trip to the north part of lower Michigan.  Our first choice is the last week of July, second is the week before.  That just happens to be what works best for camps, kid care and work schedules.  I'll sit on the sidelines to see what day works best for all and see if it works out again this year.

At this point the July dates work well for me.

Prince of Fatness

Bad news and good news....

Bad news is I won't be able to make it this year.

Good news is the reason why I can't make it.  My daughter is expecting her first child late June / early July (that's right, I am going to be a grandfather).  So I will be taking time off from work for that, which will also likely involve a visit from my mother.  Bottom line is that a lot will be going on for me around that time with no set dates.

So while there is a chance that you will see me out there again it won't be this year.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Hot damn. As much of a bummer it is you won't join the debauchery, what a great gift. We will need to brew a special beer for the new grandchild.

Oh and I read you get an extra 5 minutes for your BQ time if your a grandparent. So there's that.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/