3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

4th Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile - July 27, 2013 (Read 371 times)

I thought people would come and drink the free beer and perhaps share a few.  I massively underestimated the beer enthusiast and generosity in the crew.

Sharing is good.  Passing out with coyotes around is a bad idea.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
    • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
    • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

Feeling the growl again

So I will bring 18 and leave 16 poor beers to wait in your fridge.

Two beers?  Finishing just the race takes 4.  Are you challenging WhoDat for the DNF crown?

It might be an easy contest, because judging from WhoDat's beer stash he has been training hard all winter long.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Are you challenging WhoDat for the DNF crown?

Hey now. You might make me cry.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Finn and I were half in the bag off it before anyone arrived

I think that I was sobered up by the time I got to Ohio the next morning.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

I thought people would come and drink the free beer and perhaps share a few.  I massively underestimated the beer enthusiast and generosity in the crew.

Dude you put me up for a couple of nights.  Even with all of that beer I left for you I still came out ahead.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Damn you guys hurt my feelings.  I think I will just curl up in a little fucking ball and cry myself to sleep.  Seriously though if you were such big drinkers you would not have any left over beer.

With that said I will leave you with this:

If you bring booze to a party, you must drink it or leave it.  So I will bring 18 and leave 16 poor beers to wait in your fridge. Probably more like leaving 12.  So at some point the Hudy will will go past the BOD and will become wasted beer.  As if it was not already.  You think it was bad before letting it sit around awhile.  This is on your head!!   On your fucking head!

Beer drinking etiquette from Tinker Bell. Usually it's two beers down prior to race start. Good thing I know DrewEOB can handle some beer or I would think all of Ohio is chocked full of wankers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DoppleBock

I am pretty certain, Ohio has not cornered the market as a state chocked full of wankers.

Beer drinking etiquette from Tinker Bell. Usually it's two beers down prior to race start. Good thing I know DrewEOB can handle some beer or I would think all of Ohio is chocked full of wankers.

I am sure I cannot make the beer mile ~ I have never done a beer mile ... is it fun?

Maybe we can add 2 categories ...

1)  Real beer milers

2)  Virtual beer milers

So some of us who cannot be there can play.  I will be up north in Minocqua, WI ... but I know where a track is at.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

I am pretty certain, Ohio has not cornered the market as a state chocked full of wankers.

I am sure I cannot make the beer mile ~ I have never done a beer mile ... is it fun?

Maybe we can add 2 categories ...

1)  Real beer milers

2)  Virtual beer milers

So some of us who cannot be there can play.  I will be up north in Minocqua, WI ... but I know where a track is at.

There is no reason not to do a virtual version....certainly a different division as the Spaniel Farms track is not suitable for certification.  Wink

Fun is subjective.  Our sport hurts.  The beer mile is just one more way to hurt a little differently.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

So for those of us travel challenged and not attending - I am proposing the rules ...

1)  Normal beer rules apply

2)  Must do your virtual beer miles the weekend (Friday - Sunday) as Spaniels beer mile

3)  If not on a certifiable track - please note the steps you took to be accurate

4)  You get 1gold star (Actually asterik) for each sucker you talk into joining you.

We are up north with another family - I think it sounds like a good family event.  I would let the kids use soda or gatorade.

There is no reason not to do a virtual version....certainly a different division as the Spaniel Farms track is not suitable for certification.  Wink

Fun is subjective.  Our sport hurts.  The beer mile is just one more way to hurt a little differently.

The King of Beasts

There is no reason not to do a virtual version..

I like the sound of this.  

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

C-R

We are up north with another family - I think it sounds like a good family event.  I would let the kids use soda or gatorade.

Soda is just plain mean. Mo way to keep the fiz down. Do a milk mile. Healthy alternative.

Virtual opens up some possibilities although you all have no idea what a great time your missing at the spanfarm. It must be experienced first hand.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DoppleBock

Fuck ... there goes my chance at winning the virtual race ... hey wait - You are much faster, but I am a much better beer guzzler ... maybe the beer mile is where it is a fair race between us.

I like the sound of this.  

DoppleBock

I agree it is a poor substitute.

But - It does generate some fun

Plus - I would think we could get a few from the other side of the pond for the Virtual Beer MIle.

Soda is just plain mean. Mo way to keep the fiz down. Do a milk mile. Healthy alternative.

Virtual opens up some possibilities although you all have no idea what a great time your missing at the spanfarm. It must be experienced first hand.

DoppleBock

BTW - I am not sure what got into my oldest daughter (12) but she packs a 12 ounce gatorade for lunch each day.  We were skiing this weekend and sitting eating luch and she told she saves it until the end and then slams it.  Her record was 5.8 seconds.  She made me times her, but she left about 1/2 to 1 ounce in the bottle, so I refused to stop the clock.

She has potential - A little raw and inexperienced, but potential.

DoppleBock

I like gatorade - Each kid (4 total) gets a different color, so there is not arguing who spilled or didn't finish or hurled.

Red

Orange

Yellow

Blue