3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2014 (Read 69 times)

C-R

I'm not much for resolutions but i will put some goals out there to keep me motivated. In the mean time....... (hell yeah)

Going To The Well

“You may notice that I have placed running the Beer Mile* World Record as my second most important goal [in 2014]. Why? It’s simple: That is what people care about. Remember, this is the Oval Office. It is where I conduct my business, and business is only good if people are watching.”

“Check out these two YouTube clips … The first is the most-viewed video of my win at the 2012 Olympic Trials. 81,000 views. The second is a video of me setting the Beer Mile American Record. 87,000 views. This means that the general public would rather watch me drunkenly stumble around a track than compete for a spot on our U.S. Olympic Team. And if that’s what the people want, you better believe that’s what I’m going to give them.”

“… To this end, I will be making an attempt on the beer mile world record at some point in 2014. My aim is not simply to break the world record of 5:04.9, but to shatter it and run under the elusive 5-minute mark. The training will be grueling, both on the track and in the bar, but I truly feel this is a record that should be held by an American.”

Nick Symmonds talking about one of his biggest goals for 2014, which is to break the Beer Mile World Record. Symmonds also wants to break the American record in the indoor and outdoor 800, indoor and outdoor 1,000 and the WR in the 4 x 800 relay.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

xhristopher

Nick is my hero.

Does Nick know about Holiday running streak challenges, or better yet, that one mile more each day (BTW where is RunToWin), or any of other Spaniel's stunts.

Feeling the growl again

If we could get Nick to Spaniel Farms I think I'd find a real track to run it on.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

If we could get Nick to Spaniel Farms I think I'd find a real track to run it on.

I'm sure the high school wouldn't mind.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

Tempt him with all of the great beer we will have after. Plus free riom an board. That should seal it.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

xhristopher

Anyone know what beer Nick drinks for his beer miles?

Feeling the growl again

Anyone know what beer Nick drinks for his beer miles?

Coors Banquet, it appears.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

kcam

Coors Banquet, it appears.

Ahem.  I must say that I grew up (buncha stupid 16 year-olds in the West Texas desert) drinking Coors banquet.   I still enjoy a Coors (not that silver bullet swill - must be the fine Banquet beer) once in a while.  Heresy, I know.

an amazing likeness

2014 for me....

1. PR at 10mi on 2 Feb;

2. 21:59 5K;

3. 1:37:59 half marathon;

4. Marathon PR

In that order.  Any help / advice / coaching / ass kicking is welcome at any time.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

C-R

Goals goals goals - sounds more like a soccer match.

For me I'm looking to keep some consistency

Keep some consistency in monthly running

5k - under 19 and give sub 18 a run.

HM - get close close to 1:25

Marathon - BQ

Ultra - finish my first 50M

Keep fueling my kids running fire and help him qualify for JO Track and Field Nationals and JO XC Nationals.

Ostrich runner

I'm gonna try to run a bunch. I'm taking the next 6 weeks off of paying for alcohol. It seems a goal I'm more likely to achieve than teetotalling - I can drink what I've got in the house, and I won't turn down free stuff. I don't wanna be rude, ya know. I'm going to go for that 50 in May, and frankly, losing weight is going to be as important as logging miles. I haven't really made an honest run at weight loss since 08ish when I got down to about 170. I slowly crept up over the next 3 years, but I've held pretty steady within 10lbs of whatever pathetic softbody pudge I've got going on now. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

I'm taking the next 6 weeks off of paying for alcohol. It seems a goal I'm more likely to achieve than teetotalling - I can drink what I've got in the house, and I won't turn down free stuff. I don't wanna be rude, ya know.

This is genius. I might steal it and apply it to my own life.

2013 was the year of effing around with ultras for me. It was fun and a perfect mental break. 2014's goals are back to the shorter stuff. I want PRs at 1 mile, 5k, 10 miles, half and full marathon. Mostly the marathon one. If I do manage to do all that by the time fall rolls around I might take another crack at 100 miles. I think I can do a lot better there, too. We'll see.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Slo

2013 sucked for me in the running arena.

My goals

Sub 20 5k

Sub 27 4 mile

Boston BQ Time

Races...Tecumseh and Monkey (for fun, both of them). I will not let the fear of a hangover deter any impromptu partying the night before the HHFMM.

Would like to keep the good mo' from 2013 going, so...

PR at Boston (with a super secret <2:50 goal)

<1:20 HM

Win back the title at company sponsored 5k

<16:30 5k

<27:30 5M

<47 8M

All this ambition with the necessary "stay healthy" goal implied, but might as well explicitly state it: Stay as healthy as possible.

And cross 10,000 miles since re-starting running in Mar2010.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                                We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes