3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Sucker Punches (Read 1095 times)

Kalsarikännit

I thought you werent supposed to put moleskin on open skin?  

I have, but it has always been in time of need when backpacking.  Duct tape also works.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Hawt and sexy

I used duct tape on my PF. I ran out of athletic tape. Worked wonders in the steel toes I had to wear at the time.

I'm touching your pants.

Prince of Fatness

I would suggest figuring out how to fix yourself - Run for fitness for the next 6-12 months and enjoy extra time with your wife.  The urge will either come back ... or not.

Add getting more core work in on a regular basis and this is loosely the plan, thanks.  Regardless of where my running goes I want to get the hip thing figured out.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I thought you were supposed to cut a hole in the moleskin for the sore to breath. I figured that's why corn pads came that way. And yes, those moleskin corn pads don't move when running.

I cut a hole in the moleskin around the sore; this keeps the sock/shoe from rubbing into the sore.  Then (if you have it), that second skin gel stuff over the sore.  Then a gauze pad across the whole thing, and tape it on.

You are good to go through anything for 3-4 days like that....if you have to.  Rip your feet open on poorly broken in boots in the middle of a designated wilderness when it's zero out, you learn to make things work.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

What about moleskin on the blister?  The stuff is pretty amazing.  I don't know how well it would stay on while running, but I bet it would help out the rest of the time.

Can you get that at a pharmacy?

TripleBock

Yes Mrs Potatoe deserves to have you with strong - healthy hips ... maybe that is the solution ... more sex. 

Add getting more core work in on a regular basis and this is loosely the plan, thanks.  Regardless of where my running goes I want to get the hip thing figured out.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

TripleBock

But you must show then your ultra-runner card.  They are not suppose to sell it to silly marathoners.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

A Saucy Wench

You usually can get it anyplace they have a foot care section   - Dr.Scholls inserts, gel "orthotics" etc.    Small pharmacies sometimes wont have it but the big chain "get your prescription, your makeup , pringles and candy" pharmacies will.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Kalsarikännit

But you must show then your ultra-runner card.  They are not suppose to sell it to silly marathoners.

Please!  Moleskin is a hiker thing.  Duct tape is an ultrarunner thing.  

This is bringing back good memories of DB draining blisters on my feet.  I think they sprayed 15 feet away.

This is what moleskin looks like.  You have to cut pieces to fit.

Dr. Scholl's<sup>®</sup> Moleskin Plus Padding

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Duct tape is a climber/mountaineering thing too as it has a shed load other uses.  I vote duct tape.  If no duct tape, aluminium foil tape has worked well in the past.  Finger tape not so well.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

PS I have zero blisters because I'm too crap to be running enough.  I do have a sore arse though.  Plus I ran 8 miles yesterday and 7 today, still  not better, but better than I was.  I also have bruised knees and legs because the new bed is intent on making my legs hurt for reasons other than running.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

No one ever mentions that it is hard to cut that mole skin.  On our Grand Canyon hike my wife had bad blisters but no way to cut the stuff.  Good thing someone else did, after seeing us just sitting there for quite some time with the many packets in hand wondering what to do. 

Please!  Moleskin is a hiker thing.  Duct tape is an ultrarunner thing.  

This is bringing back good memories of DB draining blisters on my feet.  I think they sprayed 15 feet away.

This is what moleskin looks like.  You have to cut pieces to fit.

Dr. Scholl's<sup>®</sup> Moleskin Plus Padding

Yep a running thing. That stuff just doesn't seem to work well with running (at least for me)

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

No one ever mentions that it is hard to cut that mole skin.  On our Grand Canyon hike my wife had bad blisters but no way to cut the stuff.  Good thing someone else did, after seeing us just sitting there for quite some time with the many packets in hand wondering what to do. 

My med kit (mostly a foot care kit) when I'm backpack hunting contains a small pair of sharp-ended scissors for this reason.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

Yep a running thing. That stuff just doesn't seem to work well with running (at least for me)

Have you tried using that woven tape (can't remember what it is called, it's brownish, stretch, and crosswoven kind of like cheescloth) to hold it in place?