3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Sucker Punches (Read 1095 times)

I would vote for Rocken to be Hurtlocker President. Possibly Hurtlocker GOAT.

I NOW believe I am totally hurtlocker worthy and am starting to question everyone else's lol j/k    kinda

And we run because we like it
    Through the broad bright land

On other news I got a call from my doctors that my handicap placard is ready for pick up  .

Hoping things get sortd, rocken.

And I'm trying to imagine the stares you'll get when a car sporting a handicap placard pulls into a handicap space, and then someone who looks like your avatar climbs out.

rocken

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

Hoping things get sortd, rocken.

And I'm trying to imagine the stares you'll get when a car sporting a handicap placard pulls into a handicap space, and then someone who looks like your avatar climbs out.

rocken

+1.  All the best, Rocken.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

+1.  All the best, Rocken.

and how. Fingers crossed for ya.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Still in my thoughts and prayers.

steph  

Prince of Fatness

I echo what everyone else said, Pam.

Not at it at all. 

Village people

Still in my thoughts and prayers.

+1 just popped in to check on you.

Anyone have an achilles I can have?  Still no running yet.  I've at least been working on core, pushups, pullups, stretching and general leg strengthening.  That's gotta account for something.

Feeling the growl again

Anyone have an achilles I can have?  Still no running yet.  I've at least been working on core, pushups, pullups, stretching and general leg strengthening.  That's gotta account for something.

If  you know someone who could take my beer belly and braid it into a replacement tendon, we'd both be set.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Started easing into things last week.  After a couple of 2 mile runs, the lower legs had been feeling pretty good.  Went to a local forest preserve on Saturday and decided to stretch out the run and give it a go.  I felt like a little kid out there.  It was sunny but cool with a slight wind.  I ran the loop with a a huge smile on my face.  Ran well enough to even pass a couple of people riding their bikes.  Don't think they liked that as they stepped it up and passed me about a 1/4 mile of me over taking them.  Quads and hips were sore/tired the next day.  It was great having something else hurt for once.  Now to get back into the swing of things for real and rebuild that fitness base that I lost over the last 2.5 months.

Started easing into things last week.  After a couple of 2 mile runs, the lower legs had been feeling pretty good.  Went to a local forest preserve on Saturday and decided to stretch out the run and give it a go.  I felt like a little kid out there.  It was sunny but cool with a slight wind.  I ran the loop with a a huge smile on my face.  Ran well enough to even pass a couple of people riding their bikes.  Don't think they liked that as they stepped it up and passed me about a 1/4 mile of me over taking them.  Quads and hips were sore/tired the next day.  It was great having something else hurt for once.  Now to get back into the swing of things for real and rebuild that fitness base that I lost over the last 2.5 months.

Nothing better than that first run back after injury time off.  Good luck with the build\recovery!

It was great having something else hurt for once.

Weird thing to think, but so true!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Prince of Fatness

So I am about a year and a half out from hip surgery,  I started seeing this sports chiro several months ago because I just could not string together a period of running consistently.  He has done a ton of Graston on my hip.  Things have since loosened up significantly, tho I still feel like there is a nerve issue going on somewhere.  The feeling is more of a weakness than a numbness, when picking my leg up.  It is not always there.  So still a work in progress.

But this guy has helped.  This week will mark my 10th week running at least 20 miles.  That does not sound like much but is significant considering that I ran less than 800 miles in 2013 and 2014 combined.

There, I posted something about running for a change.

Not at it at all. 

Finn, I understand the significance of 20 miles. Very happy to see you getting better.

-- Dick LeBeau

C-R

Good to hear Finn.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/