3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

September Racing Thread (Read 776 times)

Thank you, fellas.   

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

AWESOME JOB Nader! CONGRATS!!!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Nice job MilkTruck and Obsessor!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

19.21 for my 5k today. Quite a lot better than I thought. My belly was a little jiggly, but we finished together.

At least it gets you across the line a quarter second faster, right?

Good job.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

obsessor

At least it gets you across the line a quarter second faster, right?

Good job.

I had that thought during the race.

19.21 for my 5k today. Quite a lot better than I thought. My belly was a little jiggly, but we finished together.

Was confident you'd get under 20.  Impressed that you didn't just sneak under. Looking forward to trimmer times from a trimmer obsessor.  

Totally missed this one.  Well done.  Comeback trail, baby!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

9/22 - Hendricks County Half Marathon, Danville, IN : <2:00:00 (PR is 2:04:45)

2:02:43

A bit disappointed with this. I was really hoping to go under 2 hours, but just really lost it after mile 10. No good excuses except I'm just not there yet. I'm trying to decide if I should try again in November or wait until the Spring. Black eye

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

A bit disappointed with this. I was really hoping to go under 2 hours, but just really lost it after mile 10. No good excuses except I'm just not there yet. I'm trying to decide if I should try again in November or wait until the Spring. Black eye

In the depths of your disappointment, you forgot to mention that it was still a PR.... Wink

I say go for November and you will get sub-2.

So the winner was 1:20.  And such a beautiful morning.  Damn, I knew I should have got my butt out of bed.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

In the depths of your disappointment, you forgot to mention that it was still a PR.... Wink

I say go for November and you will get sub-2.

Agreed on both counts.  Don't turn up your nose at a PR, brother! Congrats!

Prince of Fatness

I'll pile on.  Dude, you're a winner here,  You lowered your PR, and you are still hungry,  No negatives there.

Don't overthink things.  Just be consistent.  You'll get to where you want to be,

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Thanks for the support guys, but aren't you supposed to kick my ass for being a whiny bitch? Wink

I'm mostly disappointed that I didn't run a very good race. It's hard to think of it as a PR with all the walking at the end. I've been a bit too aggressive in the beginning of races thinking that I should be faster than I am and it's been hurting the results. If I had been more conservative maybe I wouldn't have ended up walking and might have finished in under 2 hours.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

I'm mostly disappointed that I didn't run a very good race. It's hard to think of it as a PR with all the walking at the end jogging 23 miles. 

It's called my marathon PR.  Fortunately, unlike me, you stand a better-than-not chance of fixing that next time.

Forgot to post, but ran Newport Liberty Half Marathon today in Jersey City, NJ: 1:27:34    

Feeling the growl again

Forgot to post, but ran Newport Liberty Half Marathon today in Jersey City, NJ: 1:27:34    

If I have to keep checking logs to figure out you people are PRing, I'm going to start busting some kneecaps.

Good work!