3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I have a few feelers out for the Black Note Stout, but if you can get it, please do. I'm good for a 4 pack or two. If I end up getting it elsewhere, I will let you know.  Thanks!!

BTW, yes, I do realize it is $24 per 4 pack.

This stuff is apparently pretty hard to get. Limited quantities and it has sold out pretty quickly. I supposedly have 2 bottles being held for me. Don't know if I'll be able to find any more.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Interesting. I wonder what kind of effect aging in white wine barrels will have. Golden Monkey is pretty tasty, but I'm not a big fan of white wine.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

People, this is important.

VERY IMPORTANT

In the coming days/weeks, Indianapolis should see Bells Black Note Stout. Indy peeps, PLEASE get as much as you can. Comes in 4 packs, but may be limited to single bottles. I'd love 4-12 bottles. If possible. I am good for the cost.

INDY PEEPS, PLEASE

Prince of Fatness

A couple of months ago they released Red Thunder, which is their Baltic Porter aged in red wine barrels.  That was damn tasty (I still have one bottle left that I am going to let age).  The wine barrel imparted a fruity, almost sourish, taste.  Not overbearing, though.  If anything it mellows the beer, which I think will be a good thing.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

VERY IMPORTANT

In the coming days/weeks, Indianapolis should see Bells Black Note Stout. Indy peeps, PLEASE get as much as you can. Comes in 4 packs, but may be limited to single bottles. I'd love 4-12 bottles. If possible. I am good for the cost.

INDY PEEPS, PLEASE

+1, except that one or two bottles would be plenty for me.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I had planned on allocating a couple of bottles that I get, if I get any, to tater head.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

VERY IMPORTANT

INDY PEEPS, PLEASE

Dude. Haven't you been paying attention? It appears to be already gone. I don't have access to as many stores as others here, but I was only able to find two bottles.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

A couple of months ago they released Red Thunder, which is their Baltic Porter aged in red wine barrels.  That was damn tasty (I still have one bottle left that I am going to let age).  The wine barrel imparted a fruity, almost sourish, taste.  Not overbearing, though.  If anything it mellows the beer, which I think will be a good thing.

I like red wine, so that sounds like it would be pretty tasty.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dude. Haven't you been paying attention? It appears to be already gone. I don't have access to as many stores as others here, but I was only able to find two bottles.

Primary distribution does not occur until next week or the following.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Primary distribution does not occur until next week or the following.

That's not what I was told by various liquor store peeps, but hopefully they're wrong.

Prince of Fatness

I like red wine, so that sounds like it would be pretty tasty.

Wegman's still had quite a bit of it the last time I was there.  I may be going there this weekend.  If I see it I will pick up a bottle for the Indy peeps.  It comes 750ml corked.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Wegman's still had quite a bit of it the last time I was there.  I may be going there this weekend.  If I see it I will pick up a bottle for the Indy peeps.  It comes 750ml corked.

That would be cool. I saw a bomber of Double Dragonfly last night and grabbed it for you.

Prince of Fatness

I saw a bomber of Double Dragonfly last night and grabbed it for you.

Hops!  Dude that is awesome.

I am hosting poker tonight.  My local beer place had fall beer 50% off so I got some for the game.  I got a sixer of each of these...

Fegley's Devious Pumpkin Ale

Breckenridge Autumn Ale

Stoudt's Octoberfest

Erdinger Oktoberfest Weissbier

That case cost about $20.  Not bad.  I had to buy a twelve pack of Miller Lite for the swill drinkers and ended up paying more per unit than the good stuff.

Not at it at all.