3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

One of my fav DFH beers is a blended one, Burton Baton.  That is 90 Minute IPA blended with an old ale. 

I did not know that. The blended aspect of it, that is. Interesting. I've only had BB a few times but it's wayyy up there for me. Top 5 all-time, easily. Now I'm wondering what a blend of the "old ale" and the 60 Minute would taste like, since I greatly prefer the 60 to the 90. Hmmm.

Went to the "good beer" store yesterday. Nothing new caught my eye, so I'm revisiting Victory HopDevil. Mighty tasty.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

stupid double post. move along. nothing to see here.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Just what I need, another beer to search for.

http://mybeerbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/03/stone-espresso-imperial-russian-stout.html

Well it's Stone, so it appears that it will be me and/or WhoDat searching and not you. Wink

I didn't see a release date on that link...I try to stay out of the beer store lately so if I know when to look that would increase my odds of being there at the right time.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Just what I need, another beer to search for.

http://mybeerbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/03/stone-espresso-imperial-russian-stout.html

This will come out at the same time as the annual release of the regular imperial russian stout...I think it's around the middle of April. I'd guess that it shouldn't be too hard to find. They released the Old Guardian Barley wine and a Smoked version recently and both are still sitting on the shelves. Granted the IRS is one of there more popular offerings, so it may come and go pretty quickly

Prince of Fatness

Well it's Stone, so it appears that it will be me and/or WhoDat searching and not you. Wink

I didn't see a release date on that link...I try to stay out of the beer store lately so if I know when to look that would increase my odds of being there at the right time.

I get Stone here.  The reason that you had to get the Enjoy By IPA is that it is a series and each one hits different markets.

http://www.stonebrewing.com/enjoyby/

I doubt that this one here is out yet.  The link just mentioned that the label was approved so it may not have been even packaged yet.  I am sure that there will be an announcement once it goes out to distribution.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

This will come out at the same time as the annual release of the regular imperial russian stout...I think it's around the middle of April. I'd guess that it shouldn't be too hard to find. They released the Old Guardian Barley wine and a Smoked version recently and both are still sitting on the shelves. Granted the IRS is one of there more popular offerings, so it may come and go pretty quickly

Yeah I am thinking the same thing.  I doubt that it will be something that sells out the first day, but it's probably a good idea to act fast.  And I saw that smoked Old Guardian a couple of weeks ago and picked a bottle up.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I get Stone here.  The reason that you had to get the Enjoy By IPA is that it is a series and each one hits different markets.

http://www.stonebrewing.com/enjoyby/

I doubt that this one here is out yet.  The link just mentioned that the label was approved so it may not have been even packaged yet.  I am sure that there will be an announcement once it goes out to distribution.

OK, good to know.  Heaven forbid I accidentally buy extra beer intended for you and have to drink it myself.  Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Kalsarikännit

Delayed flight. I've started my carbo loading with Sam Adams. That has to count for something, right?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Enjoy by 4.20 is out and folks are drinking it. Word is: best yet.

Prince of Fatness

Enjoy by 4.20 is out and folks are drinking it. Word is: best yet.

Send me a bottle please.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Send me a bottle please.

Trent got his from me too.

Prince of Fatness

Trent got his from me too.

The beer fairy is out and about today.  It's almost like Santa Claus, how the hell does all of that beer get delivered to different places?  Anyway, I am a believer.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

The beer fairy is out and about today.  It's almost like Santa Claus, how the hell does all of that beer get delivered to different places?  Anyway, I am a believer.

The Beer Fairy's Little Helpers.

I'd call him an elf but he'd probably hit me.

Strolling through Indy in about about an hour and half. Any good suggestions on the West side. I think we're hitting the tamale place for dinner.