3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Prince of Fatness

My son in law came over this past weekend and we bottled his pumpkin beer that we brewed back in March.  It could have used more spices but better off erring on the less spicy side.  With this knowledge in hand I took Tuesday off and brewed a holiday ale.  It's a strong Belgian style ale with cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger root.  It smelled like Christmas in the garage.  I will let this sit in the primary for a few weeks then rack it over to a carboy where it will sit until early November, when it will be bottled.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

My son in law came over this past weekend and we bottled his pumpkin beer that we brewed back in March.  It could have used more spices but better off erring on the less spicy side.  With this knowledge in hand I took Tuesday off and brewed a holiday ale.  It's a strong Belgian style ale with cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger root.  It smelled like Christmas in the garage.  I will let this sit in the primary for a few weeks then rack it over to a carboy where it will sit until early November, when it will be bottled.

I might rib you for taking a day off to make beer, but they you would return it when I (might) take a day off to make wine.

That's the kind of homebrewing I'm interested in...really unique beers that are hard to come by in a store.  Trent's mud-aged oatmeal stout was phenominal.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

I might rib you for taking a day off to make beer, but they you would return it when I (might) take a day off to make wine.

Right now I have a job that I do not hate but Tuesday I got up, went and ran some trails for an hour, then came home and brewed a batch of beer.  That beats working any day.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Abita Amber from the kegerator.....mmmmm....

BTW rabutler, even up here the beer store guy asked me if I was having crawfish with it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Abita Amber from the kegerator.....mmmmm....

BTW rabutler, even up here the beer store guy asked me if I was having crawfish with it.

Darn. I was hoping no one would like it so there would be more for me Big grin

It does pair very well with boiled crawfish. I'm sure it will go well with wild game too.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Darn. I was hoping no one would like it so there would be more for me Big grin

It does pair very well with boiled crawfish. I'm sure it will go well with wild game too.

Somehow, with 15.5 gallons on hand, I do not think you have to worry... It renewed my man card. I was able to lift the 140 lbs or whatever it is out of the trunk and carry it over there by myself. I always worry I will try something one of these days and have an epic fail. I'm on number three already...

Prince of Fatness

This past weekend I tasted what I believe is my best home brew yet.  It's a rye saison that weighs in at a well hidden 8% ABV.  Damn it is tasty, and I have a case and a half of it left.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

This past weekend I tasted what I believe is my best home brew yet.  It's a rye saison that weighs in at a well hidden 8% ABV.  Damn it is tasty, and I have a case and a half of it left.

Sounds like you need a road trip Friday afternoon.  Wink

Prince of Fatness

Sounds like you need a road trip Friday afternoon.  Wink

My ass cringes just thinking about a 10 hour car ride.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Today is Friday and after I get done running melting I am going to have beer.  I think that I will start with a Fullers London Pride.

Carry on.

Not at it at all. 

What else does WI have other than good beer?  Went to the Southern Kettle Moraine area to watch the DW and her SIL do another sprint tri.  Bagged the camping idea due to the weather and instead went for a hotel with A/C and a pool for the kiddos.  Delafield Brewhaus less than a mile down the street....Delafield Amber was quite tasty.  After the tri this morning, they had the Amber on tap.  Good stuff.

Feeling the growl again

What else does WI have other than good beer? 

Cheese curds.

L Train

Frozen custard.

OK, yeah there are the curds and frozen custard.  Kopps (in Milwaukee) is one of our favorites for custard.  Also can't forget about Nueske's...great meats.  Next week, I'll get to see what the UP has to offer.

Feeling the growl again

Next week, I'll get to see what the UP has to offer.

Let me know where you are going or what you are looking for.  I know most of it like the back of my hand.