3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Manistique and Munising.  We were going to do more but with camping and having two little ones along, tearing down camp multiple times and driving too much is too stressful for all.  So, we picked two spots for base camp and will explore and do whatever we can find from there.  Weather all week looks to be mid-70's.  Hope it stays that way for the following week!

Feeling the growl again

Manistique and Munising.  We were going to do more but with camping and having two little ones along, tearing down camp multiple times and driving too much is too stressful for all.  So, we picked two spots for base camp and will explore and do whatever we can find from there.  Weather all week looks to be mid-70's.  Hope it stays that way for the following week!

Manistique, sorry, you picked my blind spot.  Wink  Never spent much time there.  The western/northwestern UP is much more scenic.

Munising has/had a wonderful and challenging 11-mile race, but I think it's in June.  There is of course Pictured Rocks, and look at some of the waterfalls on the map as you drive out to the lookout.  Lots of good hiking/camping on those trails too.  There is not much to the town of Munising I found worth seeing.  I'd send you pics of the National Lakeshore but they are not where I can link them online.

Let me know when you are ready to take a REAL U.P. vacation in the Porcupine Mtns, Keewenaw or similar.  Wink  I could write a guide book on the Keewenaw.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Heh, this coming Saturday I will be touring the Troegs Brewery.  This will be followed by some pub crawling in Harrisburg PA with a few buddies.

Hey Mr Potato Head,
        Thanks for reserving your spot for a fully guided Troegs Brewery Tour!
        Saturday tours can be really busy, so we’ve created a few simple steps to hopefully make your tour more enjoyable:

1.       Please print a copy of your confirmation and bring with you to check in at the gift shop register.

2.       We like to keep all glassware in our tasting room, so if you would like to enjoy a sample of beer before your tour, please try to arrive a few minutes early. Otherwise, there should be enough time after the tour.

3.       Remember you are entering a working brewery that may have some potential hazards; wet floors, hoses connected to fermentation tanks and a few curbs to walk over. Depending on the time of the year, the brewery may be cold (winter) and hot and humid (summer), so please dress accordingly and NO OPEN TOED SHOES.

4.       If anything changes and you can’t make it, no problem just give a call to reschedule at (717) 232-1297.

Here are the details of your confirmed reservation:

Date: 07/30/2011
        Time: 2:30pm
        Number of Guests: 5

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

I am having this.  Doppelbock!

Not at it at all. 

Ostrich runner

Oof, I had I think 4 of those along with some other things after Huff 50k. Driving home after your first ultra after that ain't a good idea. Fun though.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

C-R

That's some good Bavarian brew.

Beef - didn't you have some of that Rogue IPA mini keg after the Huff as well. Good times.

All I've got is some Bells Two Hearted. Time for a beer run I guess.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ostrich runner

I did. I also had a 22 of some kind of stout. Really not sure what I was thinking. Oh yeah, I was cold and in about 2k calories debt. 

Feeling the growl again

Time for a beer run I guess.

Yes.  It's called a gallon jug and a trip to my garage.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Time for a beer run I guess.

I have a surplus.  The problem is that it is all out of season.  Down in my basement are stouts, porters, strong heavy beers, etc.  But I am low on summer beers.  Except home brews.  I have a case of hefe and a case of rye saison home brews.  Plus, I have 5 gallons of potato beer in the fermenter.

I guess that I am OK after all.

Not at it at all. 

Ostrich runner

Dark Truth Stout

Might pick some more of this up for prerace campout Friday.

obsessor

Spaten Optimator.

Prince of Fatness

Heh, this coming Saturday I will be touring the Troegs Brewery.  This will be followed by some pub crawling in Harrisburg PA with a few buddies.

This was great.  The samples at Troegs were tasty.  Hopback Amber, Dreamweaver Wheat, Flying Mouflan, Javahead Stout, and Scratch #45 among others.  The Scratch series is small experimental batches, only available at the brewery and a handful of bars in the area.  This one was an IPA.  Delicious.  We walked out with some units of that, along with a couple of growlers.  We had a late lunch at the Appalachian Brewing Company, tasty beer there as well.  Then finished off the day bar hopping in Harrisburg before heading to my buddy's house.

Troegs is expanding and moving to Hershey, PA in a couple of months. If anyone is in the area it's well worth the stop.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'm ashamed to admit I currently have no beer in the house. I drank it all. Got any more Abita, spaniel? I really need to get over there for a refill. I do still have wine in the house, so it's not all bad.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

I'm ashamed to admit I currently have no beer in the house.

As you should be.  Dude, you are code red.  You need to act.

It just so happens that I was at the beer store this evening.  They had those mystery sampler 12 packs for 11 bucks again.  The distributor throws these things together when they have breakage.  Most of the time there is good stuff in there.  Tonight I scored.  I bought 2, and in each were.

Founders Red Rye Pale Ale

Terrapin Rye Pale Ale

Terrapin Hopsecutioner

Rogue Dead Guy Ale

Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale

Saison DuPont

Dales Pale Ale (not sure how a can breaks)

I can't remember the others, but those above are worth 11 bucks.  Score!

Not at it at all. 

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Rogue Dead Guy Ale

Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale

I'd pay $11 for those two alone.