3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Feeling the growl again

I'm ashamed to admit I currently have no beer in the house. I drank it all. Got any more Abita, spaniel? I really need to get over there for a refill. I do still have wine in the house, so it's not all bad.

I have a crapload....I think.  Having one now.  FUCK, after this morning I need a few.  

Come get some Wednesday.  PLEASE.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Not sure when I can get over there. Evenings have been pretty busy. The wife's van has been in and out of the shop. Maybe Friday or Saturday.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Not sure when I can get over there. Evenings have been pretty busy. The wife's van has been in and out of the shop. Maybe Friday or Saturday.

Should be around.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

The Abita has broken me.  My body rebelled and I was physicaly unable to drink it last night.  Let's hope I recover, the inability to drink beer would be a tragic turn of events.

Prince of Fatness

The Abita has broken me.  My body rebelled and I was physicaly unable to drink it last night.  Let's hope I recover, the inability to drink beer would be a tragic turn of events.

That's the problem of having a bunch of any one thing, and one of the reasons that I haven't pursued a keg system.  Dude, go out and buy yourself a variety pack of some good craft beer and have at it.  You'll see a 20% improvement in your beer consumption.  Heh.

Not at it at all. 

The King of Beasts

That's the problem of having a bunch of any one thing, and one of the reasons that I haven't pursued a keg system.  Dude, go out and buy yourself a variety pack of some good craft beer and have at it.  You'll see a 20% improvement in your beer consumption.  Heh.

I laughed.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Feeling the growl again

I laughed.

Me too.

The problem was not the kegerator, but a half barrel combined with being too busy to have people over to help me with it.  I am going to stick with 1/8ths in the future and the world will be a happy place.

Prince of Fatness

New Belgium brews some good beer.  Sadly, the closest place for me to get it is North Carolina.  Well, I have a buddy that was visited Florida and he was kind enough to stop at the beer store on the way home.  This is what he got for me....

6 packs

Abbey

Ranger IPA

Hoptober

22 oz bottles from the Lips of Faith series

2 Abbey Grand Cru

2 Super Cru

This pleases me.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Never had one.  Plz send some.

New Belgium brews some good beer.  Sadly, the closest place for me to get it is North Carolina.  Well, I have a buddy that was visited Florida and he was kind enough to stop at the beer store on the way home.  This is what he got for me....

6 packs

Abbey

Ranger IPA

Hoptober

22 oz bottles from the Lips of Faith series

2 Abbey Grand Cru

2 Super Cru

This pleases me.

Prince of Fatness

Never had one.  Plz send some.

Dude, you can get it in Indiana.  If anything you should be sending some to me .....

Not at it at all. 

New Belgium brews some good beer.   

You got that right!  New Belgium is probably my most favorite brewery.  Spaniel, if you're looking for a spring marathon, train up and go do the Colorado marathon in Ft Collins.  You can knock out two things in one trip...run a good marathon in cooler temps and lower humidity and you can go back to the hicks with all the New Belgium beer that you can fit in your car.  Just please don't pack them around the kids...that may not look good as you drive home.

Feeling the growl again

I need to look harder.  If I can I would.

Need to talk to C-R, he is closer to better beer stores....if not, I'm going to be in Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, and Montana next month...

Dude, you can get it in Indiana.  If anything you should be sending some to me .....

New Belgium's website let's you search for places where you can find their beers. You can choose different distances (one is actually the marathon distance). I did a quick search for Hickville, In and there was one place nearby. That's if I got the right Hicksville. Are you near I74 and Rt39 (state st.)? If so, there is a JR Beverage Mart that says they carry some NB brews. It's a guess but you can look on there website.
                              Yeah thanks. I was going to ride the bike on the trainer tonight after I put the peeps to bed but after looking at this and looking at NB's website, I opened up a beer instead. I'm either weak or it goes to show you how much I like biking on the trainer.

Prince of Fatness

New Belgium's website let's you search for places where you can find their beers. You can choose different distances (one is actually the marathon distance). I did a quick search for Hickville, In and there was one place nearby. That's if I got the right Hicksville. Are you near I74 and Rt39 (state st.)? If so, there is a JR Beverage Mart that says they carry some NB brews. It's a guess but you can look on there website.

I used the beer finder before traveling to SC earlier this year.  It was somewhat helpful.  It was cumbersome when I went to look for just a specific beer, such as ones in the Lips of Faith series.  So what I did is fill in the contact form that they had on their site.  A sales rep got back to me and was very helpful.

What he told me, and this held true, is that you can find Fat Tire and maybe one other beer just about anywhere, but if you want the less common stuff and Lips of Faith beers you'll only find those near the bigger cities.  I bought my stuff at a big beer store in Columbia, SC.

Not at it at all.