3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Feeling the growl again

New Belgium's website let's you search for places where you can find their beers. You can choose different distances (one is actually the marathon distance). I did a quick search for Hickville, In and there was one place nearby. That's if I got the right Hicksville. Are you near I74 and Rt39 (state st.)? If so, there is a JR Beverage Mart that says they carry some NB brews. It's a guess but you can look on there website.

JR's, really??  Wow.  That's a Busch and Bud store.  I think I did see Fat Tire in there though, I guess I did not realize that was NB as I see that a lot of places.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

They have a limited selection of New Belgium's at the Toddy Shoppe. I really like their 1554. Their Abbey style Begian Ale was OK, but I don't care for Fat Tire. I can bring you a six pack the next time I stop by in exchange for all the Abita refills if you'd like Wink

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

I really like their 1554.

+1 ..... Good stuff.

Not at it at all. 

They have a limited selection of New Belgium's at the Toddy Shoppe. I really like their 1554. Their Abbey style Begian Ale was OK, but I don't care for Fat Tire. I can bring you a six pack the next time I stop by in exchange for all the Abita refills if you'd like Wink

Looks like a fair trade off for all the Abita refills.  We can get NB variety packs around here.  There aren't too many in there that I haven't liked.  I like the ambers and Fat Tire is one my favorites.

Feeling the growl again

I'll have to try some then...though it'll have to sit around until the Abita is dead and buried...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

I'll have to try some then...though it'll have to sit around until the Abita is dead and buried...

I will help with that.

and I like beer almost as much as I like food.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

I will help with that.

and I like beer almost as much as I like food.

Well, I'd make an exception and crack one with you Sunday....I guess drinking on Sunday morning is acceptable when it's not solo... Wink

C-R

Well, I'd make an exception and crack one with you Sunday....I guess drinking on Sunday morning is acceptable when it's not solo... Wink

We Catholic's believe its a sin (albeit venial) to allow someone to drink alone and it's all good on Sunday.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Prince of Fatness

It just so happens that I was at the beer store this evening.  They had those mystery sampler 12 packs for 11 bucks again.  The distributor throws these things together when they have breakage.  Most of the time there is good stuff in there.  Tonight I scored.  I bought 2, and in each were.

Founders Red Rye Pale Ale

Terrapin Rye Pale Ale

Terrapin Hopsecutioner

Rogue Dead Guy Ale

Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale

Saison DuPont

Dales Pale Ale (not sure how a can breaks)

Poker tonight at Potato Heads house!  All of these beers will be served up.  ~5 hours and counting.

2 hour run tomorrow.  You wanna play, you gotta pay.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Yummy!

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Working on the last of the Abita right now.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Working on the last of the Abita right now.

The kegerator is empty.  Somehow, I am relieved.  

I can fit 2 6-gal wine carbuoys in it.  Rock on.

C-R

That empty kegerator sucks for me. Shocktop on draft at the Reds game tonight. Its father daughter day at the ballpark. Nothing like a beer and brat with MLB. Too bad its only one tonight. I need a designated driver next time.

Moosehead lager after my run tonight........I think I'll have another

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Feeling the growl again

That empty kegerator sucks for me. 

Sorry dude.  I've still got some Smithwicks, Goose Island, and MGD in the fridge...