3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Feeling the growl again

This evening is my last run without having to figure out who will be watching the meatball. T-12.5 hours and counting. I should probably have a quadrupel afterwards.

Good luck!!!!

To the wife, that is.  You're hosed.   Wink

I hope all goes well for you and your soon-to-expand family.

Think...

1)  Baby jogger

2)  Treadmill

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

The Saints lost, but the beer was good.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Tomorrow I will be visiting the Dogfish Head Brewery.  In person.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Damn this is tasty.  It's brewed with fresh hops that they grow locally.

Not at it at all. 

obsessor

salvator and urquel.

obsessor

salvator and urquel.

and dopplebock in the carboy. Actually, maybe more of a 1.5 bock.

Feeling the growl again

salvator and urquel.

and dopplebock in the carboy. Actually, maybe more of a 1.5 bock.

Home brew? Awesome....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Gotta love Oktoberfest beers!  Went to Costco and they had the fall mix from Two Brothers Brewery here in Warrenville, IL.  Atom Smasher Oktoberfest...

Prince of Fatness

I was drinking Chicory Stout at the Dogfish Head Brewpub last night.  Damn, that stuff is tasty.  I might have to stop in tonight for another glass or two.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I was drinking Chicory Stout at the Dogfish Head Brewpub last night.  Damn, that stuff is tasty.  I might have to stop in tonight for another glass or two.

Dang it, man, you need to start shipping that stuff to me.  It was hard enough to find any variety of their stuff before they cut out little backward state out of their distribution network.

Chimay Red tonight, couldn't leave it lonely for two weeks while I was gone....damn, this has got to be one of my five favorite beers.

Thanks C-R!

Prince of Fatness

I brewed a coffee porter over the weekend.  A couple of pics....

Taking first runnings.  Black. Inky. Goodness.

I added the coffee concentrate at flame out......

This should be ready for Thanksgiving.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

This week (split between 3 people):

1 30-pack Busch Light

1 case Miller Lite

3/4 case Coors Light

And the good stuff...Missoula has a place called Big Sky Brewery.  I rarely find their stuff outside of Montana.  I picked up a sampler 12-pack contain 3 each Moose Drool Brown Ale (my favorite!), Big Sky IPA (I don't like IPAs but it was good for one), Troutslayer Wheat (haven't tried yet), and some summer spiced honey ale with a bear on it, it was very good too.

Also 1/2 of a fifth of Makers Mark as a victory dance after success.

Did you kill megatron??

Feeling the growl again

Did you kill megatron??

You can sleep easy at night.  I will not get to run tonight as it is taking much, much longer than I dreamed to get Megatron cut up and safely in my freezer.

Thank God. He was scary. Does elk taste like deer?