3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Feeling the growl again

This is waiting for me at home.

Likey.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

The wife bought three boxes of wine, so I've been drinking that lately. We need to get together for some beer. Maybe go to the Ram. I haven't actually been there, but I've heard it's pretty good.

Sounds like a plan.  Let us know how fast you can get downtown for happy hour.  I've only got a few weeks before life gets (more) complicated.

Beef, where do you work?  You're not getting any venison until I get to meet your ugly mug. Wink

I bought a box of Almaden (CA) Cabernet, funny you should mention that.  It's OK.  5 liters for the price of one bottle of slightly better stuff was a good deal.  I need to get up to C-R's liquor store and try some real good boxed stuff between now and when my homemade is ready.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Ostrich runner

You're downtown? My office is in the Gold Bldg at Ohio and Delaware. I'm with the pink tick today though.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

You're downtown? My office is in the Gold Bldg at Ohio and Delaware. I'm with the pink tick today though.

Delaware just north of McCarty. Have to meet up at Sun King after work or something.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Sounds like a plan.  Let us know how fast you can get downtown for happy hour.  I've only got a few weeks before life gets (more) complicated.

Beef, where do you work?  You're not getting any venison until I get to meet your ugly mug. Wink

I bought a box of Almaden (CA) Cabernet, funny you should mention that.  It's OK.  5 liters for the price of one bottle of slightly better stuff was a good deal.  I need to get up to C-R's liquor store and try some real good boxed stuff between now and when my homemade is ready.

Google maps says it would take me 35 minutes. So I could probably get there by 5:45.

We buy the Hardys Stamp wines in the box at Kroger. They're pretty decent wines. We currently have a Merlot, Cabernet, and Shiraz. They also have Black Box, but I prefer the Hardys.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Google maps says it would take me 35 minutes. So I could probably get there by 5:45.

We buy the Hardys Stamp wines in the box at Kroger. They're pretty decent wines. We currently have a Merlot, Cabernet, and Shiraz. They also have Black Box, but I prefer the Hardys.

I'll have to try one of those.  The one I got at Toddy Shoppe isn't bad...since I'm trying to cut down it may last awhile.

We'll have to find a time for the four of us (me, you, C-R, beef) to meet downtown soon.  This week is out, sick family.  Damn, the next few weeks kinda suck.  I will PM you all when I figure something out.

Feeling the growl again

New Belgium Abbey Belgian-Style Ale last night.  Very good stuff.

Damned if it isn't as good a week later after 4-5 glasses of box wine...

Prince of Fatness

I just started mashing a mini batch of beer.  This will be an English Pale Ale (bitter).  Yummy.  Having a home brew right now.

MTA: Chilling now.  The whole house smells like a brewery.  Nice!

I bottled this the other night.  Damn is it ever tasty.  I was code red on home brew a couple of weeks ago but since then I have bottled 5 cases so I can stand down.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Quadruple Ale -- 11.8%  Yikes!

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

I'll sleep good tonight.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

I just doughed in an oatmeal stout.  I can't wait to start the boil.  The whole house will smell fantastic.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I just doughed in an oatmeal stout.  I can't wait to start the boil.  The whole house will smell fantastic.

My kids are driving me crazy, therefore I will be drinking beer soon.

Prince of Fatness

Boiling now.  I was right.  The aroma is awesome.  I'm drinking some home brews now.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Pitched the yeast.  On the counter.  Ooops.  Luckily I had another pack of yeast.  This will make for a slightly different beer.  Shit happens.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I'm drinking some home brews now.

Asshole.

Wink

Let us know how it turns out.

I just had a Sam Adams Octoberfest tonight.  My wife told me "this beer just tastes too thin", haha, I've destroyed her with quality beer!

Of course, the Disarono/Ciroc/Bailey's martini and Bushmell's (sp?) made up for the lack of beer intake....buddy moved away and left all his liquor with me....what am I to do??