3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

C-R

CR, you around Saturday morning?

Sure when I'm not trying to run the Monumental?

Am I missing a beer get together or something? I've been so spotty on RA that I can't be held accountable for thread holes.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Hang on, Finn.  Your hurricane relief package shipped today and should arrive Thursday.  They asked me what was in the box and I said "crafts".

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

At the risk of being spammy, Crate & Barrel has beer glasses on sale. I've bought some from them before and they are pretty nice.

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/sale/twenty-percent-off-beer-through-november-7th/1?cid=email

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hoping to hit Indy Saturday ~noon.

Prince of Fatness

I finally have time to sit and take a breath.  So I am going to drink some beer.  Starting with this, which is aptly named....

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Prince of Fatness

Troegs Scratch #78 - Fresh Hopped.

Last one.  Get it while it is fresh.  Yum.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Here you go, Finn:

All packed up and ready to go.  I know nothing about safely shipping beer so with how I packed them they should survive your standard tactical nuke.  Or Frankenstorm.

If you'll be around, I will ship Tuesday or Wednesday so you get around the end of the week.

Delayed a few days by the storm but safe and sound in my home now.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Confirmed -- Guinness served in Dublin is nothing like that served in the US.  The flavor is similar, but the texture is completely different.  Halfway between a beer and a milkshake.  Delicious.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Just got back from Ireland last week and i agree that the Guinness seems much creamier there.  Perhaps a better gas combination or pouring technique....not sure if many places use nitrogen here in the states for their guinness.

If you get a chance, go to The PorterHouse Brew Pub...some tasty beers there.  The Guinness Store House tour was also pretty cool.

Prince of Fatness

Hey spaniel, these are coming your way.  The one on the far left is an extra one for Whodat, who was kind enough to let go of an Octoberfest.  It's a little blurry, so hopefully you can make out what they are.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Drooling  Big grin

I see you found Blithering Idiot after all.  Man those sure are good picks, can't wait!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

601. Deliverance by The Lost Abbey
                            602. Backwoods Bastard by Founders Brewing Company
                            603. Terrapin Imperial Rye Porter by Nøgne Ø
                            604. Hop Series Mt. Hood by Mikkeller
                            605. Hop Stoopid by Lagunitas Brewing Company
                            606. 15th Anniversary Ale by SweetWater Brewing Company
                            607. Kmita Kolsch by Dark Horse Brewing Co.
                            608. Boffo Brown Ale by Dark Horse Brewing Co.
                            609. Patio Pale 2012 by Yazoo Brewing Company at Yazoo Tap Room
                            610. Keystone Light by Coors Brewing Company
                            611. Festive Ale (2011) by SweetWater Brewing Company
                            612. Santa's Little Helper by Port Brewing Company
                            613. Bourbon Barrel Coffee Mint Stout by South Shore Brewery
                            614. 12 Dogs of Christmas by Thirsty Dog Brewing Company
                            615. Christmas Ale (2011) by Great Lakes Brewing Company
                            616. Festbier Octoberfest by Heiner Brau
                            617. Pilsner by Crescent City Brewhouse
                            618. Red Stallion by Crescent City Brewhouse
                            619. Weiss Beer by Crescent City Brewhouse
                            620. Octoberfest by Crescent City Brewhouse
                            621. Black Forest by Crescent City Brewhouse
                            622. Mecha Hopzilla by NOLA Brewing
                            623. Hopitoulas by NOLA Brewing
                            624. Canebrake by Parish Brewing Co.
                            625. Roggen Weizen (Select Series) by Abita Brewing Company
                            626. NOLA Blonde by NOLA Brewing
                            627. Andygator by Abita Brewing Company
                            628. Amber Ale by Dark Horse Brewing Co.
                            629. Reserve Special Black Ale by Dark Horse Brewing Co.
                            630. Sahti Ale (Lips of Faith) by New Belgium Brewing Company
                            631. Moo-Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout (2010) by Terrapin Beer Company
                            632. Perkulator Coffee Doppelbock by Dark Horse Brewing Co.
                            633. Bellaire Brown by Short's Brewing Company
                            634. Scratch 78 - Fresh Hop Ale by Tröegs Brewing Company
                            635. Scratch 76 - Special HOPS by Tröegs Brewing Company
                            636. Upland Raspberry Lambic (2011) by Upland Brewing Company
                            637. Peach Lambic (2010) by Upland Brewing Company
                            638. Clutch (Lips of Faith) by New Belgium Brewing Company
                            639. Scratch 73 - Fest Lager by Tröegs Brewing Company
                            640. Hop Project 68 by Yazoo Brewing Company
                            641. Gerst Engine by Yazoo Brewing Company
                            642. Punkin Ale by Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
                            643. Oatmeal Stout by Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
                            644. Magnificent Amber by Triton Brewing
                            645. Corne du Diable by Brasserie Dieu du Ciel
                            646. Coup D'État (2012) by Revolution Brewing Company
                            647. Rosa by Revolution Brewing Company
                            648. Fistmas Ale by Revolution Brewing Company
                            649. Night Moves by Revolution Brewing Company
                            650. Anti-Hero IPA by Revolution Brewing Company
                            651. Institutionalized by Revolution Brewing Company
                            652. Saison by Brasserie St-Feuillien
                            653. Rocky's Revenge Bourbon Brown by Tyranena Brewing

Feeling the growl again

I wonder what beer 666 will be...Hopdevil?