3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Prince of Fatness

Brew day yesterday.  Five gallons of Black IPA.  Served up quite a few coffee porters, they were a hit.

Friends all brought a few beers with them, so I got to taste quite a variety, including Stone Enjoy By 12.21.2012, a couple of old ales from JW Lees, and a tasty stout from Lost Abbey.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

There wasn't any mud!

I see that on the shelves all of the time and have yet to try it.  Hmmm.

Not at it at all. 

xhristopher

I'm new here and see you folks like beer. I do too.

I've got a neighbor who's a basement brewer. He gave me some from his latest batch. It's wheat and he says it's a little too sweet. That means it's strong. Still good tho.

My new years resolution is to brew my own. I'll probably be the only one willing to drink it for a while.

Prince of Fatness

My new years resolution is to brew my own. I'll probably be the only one willing to drink it for a while.

There is a thread about home brewing in the drinkers group.

I may have a beer or two this evening.  Must run and do core work first.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I am trying to cut back (a lot) for weigh loss....but the box in the corner of the kitchen from Finn is teasing me...perhaps a small reward to myself when I finish processing beef's winter food supply tonight...now to figure out which one...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I am trying to cut back (a lot) for weigh loss....but the box in the corner of the kitchen from Finn is teasing me...perhaps a small reward to myself when I finish processing beef's winter food supply tonight...now to figure out which one...

Only allow yourself a beer when you've run the miles you planned for the day and only if it's over X number of miles, so you know you've burned some excess calories. That way you get running, weight loss, and beer. It's a win win win. Big grin

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Your only chance is to not open it.  Once you do, you will want to have one.

Not at it at all. 

Your only chance is to not open it.  Once you do, you will want to have one.

The only other option is to just finish it all and not restock.  I did that almost two weeks ago.  There have been many evenings (inluding last night) that would have been perfect for cracking open a nice cold one.  On the other hand, when I see activity on the BEER thread at 6 am in the morning that just may signal a problem....

Prince of Fatness

The only other option is to just finish it all and not restock.

The average ABV in that box is around 8% as I recall, so he'll need to block out a fair amount of time me thinks.

Oh and spaniel, one of those is for Whodat so you do need to open it at some point.

Heh.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

The only other option is to just finish it all and not restock.  I did that almost two weeks ago.  There have been many evenings (inluding last night) that would have been perfect for cracking open a nice cold one.  On the other hand, when I see activity on the BEER thread at 6 am in the morning that just may signal a problem....

Dude....I have a stash that will not go away.  I still have Beer Mile beer.  I just drank a couple fromt he St. Bernardous pack you left me a couple nights ago.

Of course, going to Binny's with WhoDat last month did not help the cause...but I have not bought any beer since and don't plan on it.

I am trying to focus on the lower ABV/summer beers and am almost through those, I think.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

I may have a beer or two this evening.  Must run and do core work first.

Mission accomplished.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

This beer has Whodat written all over it.  Malt bomb.  A very good one.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

This was really good.

Spaniel and C-R, you need to go by SK and get you some.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

This was really good.

Spaniel and C-R, you need to go by SK and get you some.

Sigh.  So much beer, so little time...Not even sure I can squeeze in the 2 mile trip.

So I finally tried one of the Chimays... Got the blue label "Grande Reserve". Pretty amazing beer, really complex. Beautiful color. A lot going on. Just not my style, though. I keep wanting to refer to it as "floral" but that doesn't seem quite right. I appreciated it, but I didn't like it.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.