3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

pathology report was clean

Excellent!

steph  

C-R

Thanks for all of the support in the Hurtlocker. It means much to me and DW thinks you people are ok in her book. In celebration last night I had a ............

Yazoo Hops project. #67. Very tasty.

I bet some of you out there held you breath. And Mgerwn, thanks so much for offering to be my broker. Somehow I think the slang definition of that word might be very applicable. And if some doofus wants to buy my empty bottle, hell yeah I'll send it to them.

Oh and regards the tasting. I read a couple of reviews that St. Bernadus 12 is on the same level. Since that is available I may have one on hand to compare and contrast.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

#67 is good, 68 is better. I still have the bottles I was gonna hand you last month Smile I don't think I can get bernadus 12 here, hmmm.

Prince of Fatness

I don't think I can get bernadus 12 here, hmmm.

I just had #8 recently and would not mind trying #12.  Should be available here.  I can get you one if you wish.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Oh and regards the tasting. I read a couple of reviews that St. Bernadus 12 is on the same level. Since that is available I may have one on hand to compare and contrast.

I've had the St. Bernardus 8 and the Christmas Ale, but not the 12. Both are very good. The Christmas Ale is worth picking up if it's available.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

I have come to the conclusion that we here:

1) are obsessed with barley and hops and wheat

2) are the equivalent of "Big Bank Theory" only for beer. Trent = Sheldon and so on....

3)  use running as a crutch to drink more beer

4) a home of kindred spirits - so to speak

I'll look for the 12 at Kahn's on my way home today. I've had the eight and Christmas and they are both worthy drinks.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Good news CR, very happy for you and Mrs. CR.

As for the Westy 12...very jealous as that stuff sold out in no time here in Chicago. 

St. Bernadus 12 is good stuff but I was hoping to get my hands on the other as well.

Spaniel, did you try the St. Benardus 12 from that gift set yet?

Feeling the growl again

Spaniel, did you try the St. Benardus 12 from that gift set yet?

Yes, 53 days ago according to Untappd.  I gave it 4/5 stars so it was good.  Beyond that my memory is foggy.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

Re-packed the beer stash tonight.  Pulled out an Oscar's Chocolate Oatmeal Stout.

I don't give 5 star ratings away easily, but this one earned it.  

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

I'll look for the 12 at Kahn's on my way home today. I've had the eight and Christmas and they are both worthy drinks.

Trip to Wegman's this evening.  Love that place.  You could live there.  The 12 was there.  Christmas was there.  Bombers of both are now in hand.

Not at it at all. 

C-R, glad to hear the good news!

Just to add to the beer fest, next weekend a St. Bernardus 8+ clone is going to be attempted.  I'm a little worried that the yeasties will be in the hurtlocker trying to handle all those fermentables.  We shall see.  Maybe spaniel should have to down those in the beer mile Big grin

Feeling the growl again

Maybe spaniel should have to down those in the beer mile Big grin

Sure.  

But, you will probably need to take over the BBQ afterwards as I will be passed out somewhere.  Ask C-R how the evening of the first Spaniel Farms Beer Mile ended....I belive Belgians were at fault that night as well.

I'm really interested how this turns out for you.  If you are successful, that just may be the kick I need to start brewing.

Prince of Fatness

It's Friday and I am getting thirstier by the minute.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

It's Friday and I am getting thirstier by the minute.

Just read CNN.  I need one right NOW.

C-R

Just read CNN.  I need one right NOW.

I have 4 St. Bernadus 12s waiting at the store for me but that made me lose my appetite and thirst.

I really can't fathom that type of evil.

At least if I think that's what your referencing.