3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

3rd Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile (Read 1116 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

If you're going to the effort of going to Kahn's, go to the one in Carmel.  I was not all that impressed with downtown, I think they catered too much to the downtown swill-guzzling crowd.  I mean they had some unique stuff but not in the order of what I saw the once in Carmel.

I figured I'd hit the one in Carmel first and then the one on Keystone if I didn't find anything that looked good in Carmel.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

Keystone has better beer selection. Carmel has better wine and liquor.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

Keystone has better beer selection.

I am counting on this.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Hmmmm.....Maybe I'll reverse the order. I could use some more wine and port, so the Carmel store may still be worth a stop.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

This is kind of cool. I was searching for craft beers that come in a can and found this website.

http://www.craftcans.com/

Ostrich runner

Downtown, Crown is the place for beer. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I am officially excited.

Me too.  Until I found the tap in my kegerator was non-functional.  On the plus side I had an excuse not to run tonight, it is now functional, and I know how exactly how a tap works inside.  However now I have to wait until tomorrow for everything to settle back down to where I can sample some.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

However now I have to wait until tomorrow for everything to settle back down to where I can sample some.

I'm impatient.  I pulled a mug anyways.  Yup, just as good as I remembered.  Big grin

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Keystone probably had a bigger beer selection. I thought Carmel may have had a slightly better selection. MrFinn, you may want to hit both locations if you have time. They're not that far from each other. There is also a 21st Amendment in between, although it didn't have as good a selection as either Kahn's.

I picked up a couple of different beers in cans to test. I'll also be traveling to New Orleans before the beer mile, so I'll see what they have available there also. I was excited to find out they have Abita Amber in a can, unfortunately it's only 4.5%.

What I have so far:

Brooklyn Brewery Lager

Brooklyn Brewery Summer Ale

Breckenridge Brewery Avalanche Ale - I've had this before and seem to remember liking it

Southern Star Bombshell Blonde

Feeling the growl again

Keystone probably had a bigger beer selection. I thought Carmel may have had a slightly better selection. MrFinn, you may want to hit both locations if you have time. They're not that far from each other. There is also a 21st Amendment in between, although it didn't have as good a selection as either Kahn's.

I picked up a couple of different beers in cans to test. I'll also be traveling to New Orleans before the beer mile, so I'll see what they have available there also. I was excited to find out they have Abita Amber in a can, unfortunately it's only 4.5%.

What I have so far:

Brooklyn Brewery Lager

Brooklyn Brewery Summer Ale

Breckenridge Brewery Avalanche Ale - I've had this before and seem to remember liking it

Southern Star Bombshell Blonde

Funny how beermile.com sets the Kingston Rules, then a lot of their "official" times are set with too-low ABV beers...Abita Amber is on there several times, IIRC.

I think you will find the BB Summer Ale goes down more smoothly than the Lager.  I tried both.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Funny how beermile.com sets the Kingston Rules, then a lot of their "official" times are set with too-low ABV beers...Abita Amber is on there several times, IIRC.

I think you will find the BB Summer Ale goes down more smoothly than the Lager.  I tried both.

Beermile.com has Abita Amber listed as 7% which is just plain wrong. I'd love to be able to use it, but I know it's less than 5%.

The only thing that concerns me about the BB Summer Ale is that some summer ales can be higher in carbonation. I figure all the extra beer won't go to waste. Somebody will drink it. Wink

I'll bring a few of them Wednesday.

Feeling the growl again

The only thing that concerns me about the BB Summer Ale is that some summer ales can be higher in carbonation.

Let me know if you find something flatter...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Four different beers. I have to find four different beers.