3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

3rd Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile (Read 1116 times)

Feeling the growl again

So this course is grass?  Do we all need to break out our xc spikes?  They might come in handy if used strategically against the competition.  Big grin  

The course is a low-mowed former cow pasture.  Yes, you could think about it as typical XC except there are probably a few more small rollers for the ankles due to the cow tracks.  Turn 4 is a bit more technical and has a small hill in it.  Wink

C-R motoring up the "hill" on Turn 4:

The first straightaway:

This was 2 years ago.  The track is better maintained this year.

I am working on the awards tonight.  Top 3 men, top woman.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

So this course is grass?  Do we all need to break out our xc spikes?  They might come in handy if used strategically against the competition.  Big grin  

You can tell from the picture that this is a no-holds barred event. I was attempting to blind spaniel with the no-tan but it didn't work.

Who knows what twisted evil genius I will bring this year.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Kalsarikännit

Top 3 men, top woman.

How many women are racing?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Feeling the growl again

How many women are racing?

That I know of so far?  One.

Your odds are pretty good on this one.

Bring a friend and make it a contest.  We had many more women interested earlier but they fell out.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Kalsarikännit

Your odds are pretty good on this one.

Not if I hork.

If I don't, I'm interested in something like this:

Feeling the growl again

Not if I hork.

If I don't, I'm interested in something like this:

Horking = penalty lap (yes, I had to look up a definition)

Not a big deal if noone is chasing you.

As for the award, I am making it with my own three hands so you will like what you get.  I'll just say the awards are appropriate for such an idiotic endeavor.  I looked hard for a certain item more official and fancy-looking but came up short.  Since this is a free race (and I thought money put into the keg would be valued more) my budget somewhat limited my creativity.

Kalsarikännit

Dammt, mutt-boy! I'm not drinking Blue Moon. I'm drinking Summer Solstice by Anderson Valley Brewing Co.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Mutt-boy. Heh. That's funny.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

The Pils has been purchased.  It is sitting with all of the other beer that I am bringing with me.  I won't forget it.

It is now iced down and sitting in the staging area waiting to be loaded in the car.  Departure is in 5 hours.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

It is now iced down and sitting in the staging area waiting to be loaded in the car.  Departure is in 5 hours.

Safe travels!

Lesson learned last year was that you don't want the beer as cold as you would normally drink it when you are trying to pound them down fast. 

Prince of Fatness

Safe travels!

Lesson learned last year was that you don't want the beer as cold as you would normally drink it when you are trying to pound them down fast. 

Thanks!

Agree on the temperature and actually have been thinking about this.  I will take the units out of the cooler ahead of time to let them warm a little.  I just need to figure out how much time.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Finally got around to trying the Brooklyn Brewery beers. All I can say is, C-R you are more man than me if you're going to drink that nasty ass Brooklyn Lager for the Beer Mile. Their Summer Ale was drinkable, but just barely.

Couldn't find anything in a can that was 5% or above while I was in Louisiana. Guess I'll have to make another beer run today and see what I can find.

I have this to use if I can't come up with anything else.

Have a safe trip MrFinn!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Finally got around to trying the Brooklyn Brewery beers. All I can say is, C-R you are more man than me if you're going to drink that nasty ass Brooklyn Lager for the Beer Mile. Their Summer Ale was drinkable, but just barely.

This is interesting.  I've thought we have similar beer tastes but I didn't think either BB beer was bad.  I thought both tasted better than the Avalanche, though I know both you and C-R preferred it.  I guess that's why they make so many to try. 

Anyways, at least none of them are MGD...

C-R

Daaaamn. My BIL and another friend stopped by last night and cleaned me out of BB Summer Ale. Thankfully I know there's more. And WhoDat hatin on BB. Tsk tsk.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Daaaamn. My BIL and another friend stopped by last night and cleaned me out of BB Summer Ale. Thankfully I know there's more. And WhoDat hatin on BB. Tsk tsk.

At least he didn't help himself to your expensive stuff this time...