3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

3rd Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile (Read 1116 times)

Did I see that Spaniel got called a Princess on the main boards?  Maybe you can get your tutu out or keep your fancy tights ready for July race day.

C-R

Did I see that Spaniel got called a Princess on the main boards?  Maybe you can get your tutu out or keep your fancy tights ready for July race day.

and more proof this will be an epic event not to be missed. At this rate, perhaps Don King can promote it.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

We'll find out who deserves the tutu around Lap 3....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

Have you bribed the RD with beer lately ... good to keep him thinking possitively about you as it is hard to get into Monkey.  I am hoping to return this year ... As I still have the bitter taste of the ass kicking the course gave me in 2010.

I have not had a beer since Feb 13th ... 43 more days before I will even consider drinking 

Yeah, but I am 99% sure that I am going to Monkey.  Two trips in one year to places to meet strangers from the internet might make the wife wonder who the hell she is married to.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

Have you bribed the RD with beer lately ... good to keep him thinking possitively about you as it is hard to get into Monkey.  I am hoping to return this year ... As I still have the bitter taste of the ass kicking the course gave me in 2010.

I have not had a beer since Feb 13th ... 43 more days before I will even consider drinking 

While no date has been set late July is looking likely....and that's more than 43 days away...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

I'll be sending him some beer soon.  However, given this latest setback Monkey isn't as definite now as it was.  If that is out I am pretty sure that I could crawl a beer mile.  Hmmm.

Anyway this is nothing that I need to decide right now.

Not at it at all. 

DoppleBock

I am not sure what you are talking about - You do not go to "race" Monkey ... You go to drink a shitload of beer after Monkey ... taking Monday off of work is the only way to go.

Ask Ennay -  If she can come and finish Monkey with all sorts of things hurting and minimal training ...

I'll be sending him some beer soon.  However, given this latest setback Monkey isn't as definite now as it was.  If that is out I am pretty sure that I could crawl a beer mile.  Hmmm.

Anyway this is nothing that I need to decide right now.

DoppleBock

43 days until Carmel ... But maybe I will not drink since your heart is not in it. 

While no date has been set late July is looking likely....and that's more than 43 days away...

Feeling the growl again

I am pretty sure that I could crawl a beer mile.  Hmmm.

We're making progress...

Prince of Fatness

I am not sure what you are talking about - You do not go to "race" Monkey ... You go to drink a shitload of beer after Monkey ... taking Monday off of work is the only way to go.

Ask Ennay -  If she can come and finish Monkey with all sorts of things hurting and minimal training ...

I'm OK with just jogging the Monkey.  If I am shape enough to do that I will go.  I would say that the probability of that is still over 50%.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Noted.

Feeling the growl again

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Depends on many factors, not the least of which is timing.

Feeling the growl again

Depends on many factors, not the least of which is timing.

Those with serious interest who want to suggest a date are welcome to.  My calendar is firming up to the point that I'll be choosing in the next few weeks.

Prince of Fatness

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but what is there to do out there?  One option for me may be to make it a long weekend getaway with the wife.

Not at it at all.