3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

3rd Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile (Read 1116 times)

DoppleBock

Shoot guns - Drink - make babies

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but what is there to do out there?  One option for me may be to make it a long weekend getaway with the wife.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but what is there to do out there?  One option for me may be to make it a long weekend getaway with the wife.

Ha.  Well, since I have been busy making babies and taking care of them since I moved here, C-R is probably a a better person to ask this of.

What do you and especially Mrs. PH like to do?

A quick list off the top of my head:

- Visit Sun King brewery

- Multiple museums on different topics

- Listen to a night howl at Wolf Park (captive wolf packs and bison)

- Hit southern Indiana wine trail (~1.5-2hrs away)

- Trails and touristy/artsy in hilly/beautiful Brown County (~1.5 hrs away, my sister lives there and would have details)

- Night life in Broad Ripple neighborhood

- Supposed to have zip lines up in Eagle Creek (20min away) by then

-And yes, plenty of opportunity to shoot at stuff (if there is no beer around of course)

Indy generally has all the same sorts of stuff that larger cities do, just a smaller selection of each one.  We have theater, concerts, symphony, etc etc.

I will let C-R speak to Carmel activities.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

What do you and especially Mrs. PH like to do?

Mostly just sight seeing.  Maybe something unique to the area that would be of interest.  Museums, parks, stuff like that would be good.  Brew tour is always good but that is more for me than for her.  I probably would want to find a good beer store to stock up on stuff that I cannot get at home.  I would think that a good portion of one day would be taken up by the beer mile and the festivities that follow.  Probably would only be one additional day out there.

As for night life, we're pretty pathetic.  We usually don't last much past 11 PM.  We laugh because we are usually falling asleep just when all of the fun starts.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

-Indy 500 stuff -- not sure what's available or what is going on there in July, but the track is <20min from my house.  There is racing stuff everywhere here.

- Battleground - site of the Battle of Tippencanoe -- the museum is kinda boring but it is a tailhead for the beautiful Wabash Heritage Trail.  Also near afore-mentioned Wolf Park.

- Connor Prairie - Throwback type settler era thing I think; never been but want to (40min away)

- Minor league baseball

- Decent zoo

Man, and I've gotten around to doing so little of this in 5 years....

You'd be welcome to our guest room all weekend.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Ostrich runner

Connor Prairie is very cool. The Indy Art Museum is pretty good, and Eiteljorg is unique. Indy also has what is generally recognized as the best children's museum in the country. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Prince of Fatness

Shoot guns - Drink - make babies

I don't do guns.  Don't really want the responsibility of owning one.

Drinking I can handle.

I got snipped years ago so I can't make a baby.  That doesn't keep me from trying though.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

I broached the subject with the Mrs over dinner.  I didn't get a no.  I won't know for sure until you nail down a date.  Last weekend in July is probably not good because my daughter's birthday is around that time.  One of the two weekends prior to that would probably be doable.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I broached the subject with the Mrs over dinner.  I didn't get a no.

That's usually enough to get to yes. Wink

OK everybody, what do you think about July 21st?  July 14th as the second choice.

Hawt and sexy

Just about every other exit in Indiana has an antique Mall if you're into that.

They also have a couple of Amusement Parks. I have a coaster fetish, so I might have to see if they have some there. It seems I will be going to IN more often now.

I'm touching your pants.

Feeling the growl again

Just about every other exit in Indiana has an antique Mall if you're into that.

They also have a couple of Amusement Parks. I have a coaster fetish, so I might have to see if they have some there. It seems I will be going to IN more often now.

So you can arrange a trip here in July then, right?  After all, the manslave likes to race, so you both get to join in the main event.

Hawt and sexy

The manslave does not drink. We would need a nonalcoholic substitute for him.

And we don't know if we can travel then yet.

I'm touching your pants.

Feeling the growl again

The manslave does not drink. We would need a nonalcoholic substitute for him.

And we don't know if we can travel then yet.

We have one other potential attendee that does not drink.  We had a teammate in college who did not drink...we did not pressure him either...of course he came to his senses a couple years later.   Wink

If I gave real award he might be DQ'd, good thing this is not an official USATF event.  All are welcome.  We try to use the official 5% ABV  cutoff but I really don't care if someone wants to drink Coke.  Hell, with all that carbonation it might be tougher.

Hawt and sexy

He has decided on root beer if we can show up.

We are looking into getting an RV so that could make this easier or harder.

I'm touching your pants.

Feeling the growl again

He has decided on root beer if we can show up.

We are looking into getting an RV so that could make this easier or harder.

I have copious amounts of space for an RV.  Someone else on here was considering an RV/camper too.  

Root beer is acceptable, when I was in college we did not drink a drop during XC season (wish I had such discipline now), when we had a party we got a keg.....of root beer.  It was awesome.

Ostrich runner

Your college running career and mine were so different in every single way.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum