3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

ha.. very true.. and I would love to race the mile. But, it would cost too many wife points.

Reno isn't that far for you...

And we run because we like it
    Through the broad bright land

Feeling the growl again

But, it would cost too many wife points.

Big grin

I was trying to tell coworkers today why I could not stay late after work and drink beer with them when my mother is arriving at my house.  This phrase would have come in handy.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Last track session this morning before Saturday's race:

12 x 400m (100m jog rests): 
        1:20 (0:40) 
        1:19 (0:39) 
        1:18 (0:45) 
        1:19 (0:40) 
        1:19 (0:44) 
        1:19 (0:43) 
        1:18 (0:49) 
        1:17 (0:43) 
        1:19 (0:47) 
        1:18 (0:43) 
        1:17 (0:50) 
        1:18 (0:46) 
        and, 1 x 200m: 0:34

Feel like I have a very good sense for 5:18s...see if I can put it together (or something close to it) with no rests on Saturday.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

That's a great workout. Looks like you are ready.

Just a dude.

Last track session this morning before Saturday's race:

12 x 400m (100m jog rests): 
            1:20 (0:40) 
            1:19 (0:39) 
            1:18 (0:45) 
            1:19 (0:40) 
            1:19 (0:44) 
            1:19 (0:43) 
            1:18 (0:49) 
            1:17 (0:43) 
            1:19 (0:47) 
            1:18 (0:43) 
            1:17 (0:50) 
            1:18 (0:46) 
            and, 1 x 200m: 0:34

Feel like I have a very good sense for 5:18s...see if I can put it together (or something close to it) with no rests on Saturday.

Wow. That looks like a pretty tough workout with only 100m jogs...

Good luck this weekend!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Feeling the growl again

Too freakin' hot to run outside with any seriousness.  In fact I've had trouble doubling because of recovery due to heat even if I hit the treadmill.  So I skipped my first run today to focus on a treadmill workout tonight.

4Xmile with .4mi (~3:45) recovery.  11.7mph (~5:12 pace) on the first two, 11.8 (~5:08 pace) on the second two.  Considered a fifth but decided not to push it too far as it was a great workout but I wasn't toasted.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Too freakin' hot to run outside with any seriousness.  In fact I've had trouble doubling because of recovery due to heat even if I hit the treadmill.  So I skipped my first run today to focus on a treadmill workout tonight.

4Xmile with .4mi (~3:45) recovery.  11.7mph (~5:12 pace) on the first two, 11.8 (~5:08 pace) on the second two.  Considered a fifth but decided not to push it too far as it was a great workout but I wasn't toasted.

Damn, nice mile repeats!  I'd pack it up after 4 and call it a successful workout too.

Yup - you've just raised the bar with that workout, I could get close to doing that one.

Feeling the growl again

Yup - you've just raised the bar with that workout, I could get close to doing that one.

When I can repeat it outdoors in cool weather I will be happy -- I am very cautious about extrapolating treadmill workouts, even if this machine is clearly more apples-to-apples than my last one.  Wink

No matter how you cut it.. that was a great workout..

btw.. I had a dream last night that you went low 15s for a 5k. Weird.

Feeling the growl again

No matter how you cut it.. that was a great workout..

btw.. I had a dream last night that you went low 15s for a 5k. Weird.

LOL.  Awkward.  Big grin

The highest my dreams aspire to at this point is sub-16.

C-R

I had a dream about a low 15 as well but the only problem was I still had 1/2 mile left to the finish line.

You people shamed me into finally running a workout. So I too some baby steps and ran hill repeats at lunch today. 10 x .1 at max effort. Last rep was challenging. The stares from people driving next to the road were classic. Really should have done 15 but I want to be smart.

I will  now alternate track and hills each week.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

I had a dream about a low 15 as well but the only problem was I still had 1/2 mile left to the finish line.

You people shamed me into finally running a workout. So I too some baby steps and ran hill repeats at lunch today. 10 x .1 at max effort. Last rep was challenging. The stares from people driving next to the road were classic. Really should have done 15 but I want to be smart.

I will  now alternate track and hills each week.

And it was f'in nasty out too.  I hobby-jogged 6 miles on the company track so I could drop off at any point if it got to be a non-recovery run.  I'm having the roughest time staying hydrated.

C-R

And it was f'in nasty out too.  I hobby-jogged 6 miles on the company track so I could drop off at any point if it got to be a non-recovery run.  I'm having the roughest time staying hydrated.

You know it. Hobbyjogging at 8:30 to the house after the hills was parching.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

4 mile tempo on treadmill 21:17, 9 seconds faster than last week.  My legs were still feeling Tuesday so I really did not push it at the end.

I'm not quite going to match my July mileage this month, but it's been hotter and I've gotten back to hitting the workouts well.

Now 3 easy days and let'er rip on the roads.