3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

I just secured an elite entry into my fall marathon, so it's sub-2:32 or eat crow for telling them I could do that.

Super cool - no pressure then! Wink

Today I basically duplicated the 3X(15minON/5minOFF) workout I did in mid-July.  It was a little warmer and hillier, and my legs still feel Saturday's half marathon, so I'm happy with that.  It was one of those workouts where I felt bad starting, but executed well once I got into it.

I just secured an elite entry into my fall marathon, so it's sub-2:32 or eat crow for telling them I could do that.

Nice, Spaniel.  Hope the hip holds out and you keep building on the progress you've made over the summer.  Cooler temps and lower humidty certainly help too.

I've had a decent week and am feeling pretty good with where things are at.  Majority of my tempos and running happen with me starting at 5:30, so I'm going into having just woken up and no food.  My last three workouts have been:

4 mile tempo: Avg pace 5:38

8 x 1k repeats: Avg rep 3:16

10k tempo: Avg pace 5:46

Things are rolling in the right direction.

Feeling the growl again

Did you remind them that you are a Hurtlocker member? Just knowing that would tell them you're going to push it.

Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

Hell Yeah. this just got real.

Which one?

Indianapolis Monumental.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

So I missed my 5k tonight due to some soccer officiating. Decided to try something for my 2nd run of the day. Got a little over 3 miles and ran 1.5 at 6 mpm or anticipated 5k pace. A challenge for me but I will be doing something like this more often. I need some speed.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Walk-Jogger

Ran 1600 meters, 8 laps on the indoor track tonight. First time to run that far since June 7th. My stupid calcaneal stress fractured right heel is finally feeling enough better to do a few running laps. I've been biking and walking on the incline treadmill for cross-training. The running felt fantastic - awkward and slow, and the time was only 7:22, but it felt great to be running. I'll probably try it again in two days if it doesn't hurt tonight or tomorrow. Fingers crossed . . .

Retired &  Loving It

Good to see you back running Cecil, take it steady....

Feeling the growl again

So I missed my 5k tonight due to some soccer officiating. Decided to try something for my 2nd run of the day. Got a little over 3 miles and ran 1.5 at 6 mpm or anticipated 5k pace. A challenge for me but I will be doing something like this more often. I need some speed.

2.5K @ 5K pace is no joke.  That 19 barrier is running scared.

Feeling the growl again

Big +1.  I was just looking at your log yesterday and wondering how you were doing; good to hear from you.

The Pocatello Kid.

Just joined, but I think I recognize you all from other forums. Well thought I would post today's workout.

10 x 1000 @ 3:19 on average with a 200 active recovery. The recovery made this workout really hard.

So glad that is over with.

C-R

Yup!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

10 x 1000 @ 3:19 on average with a 200 active recovery. The recovery made this workout really hard.

Whoa. Earned your beer tonight.

I did 6 800's with 200 rec a few weeks ago - trying to imagine what you just did...again, whoa. I know that feeling - that feeling on the recovery jog when you're about 4 steps away from the start again...

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                          kcam

Whoa. Earned your beer tonight.

I did 6 800's with 200 rec a few weeks ago - trying to imagine what you just did...again, whoa. I know that feeling - that feeling on the recovery jog when you're about 4 steps away from the start again...

Agree, that was a good workout.  I start measuring my breathing trying to get as much O2 as possible as I approach the dreaded start line and my brain is trying it's best to manufacture an excuse to extend the recovery to 400.  Love them track workouts!

Feeling the growl again

Just joined, but I think I recognize you all from other forums. Well thought I would post today's workout.

Nice.  That's probably pretty short recovery.  I typically take 90sec recovery for 1000s when I am in shape...and that's pretty short... and I'm doubtful you took that long.

ha! I was wondering why you were not posting in here. If there ever was a perfect fit.. Nice start with that 10 x 1k workout. I think you get the honorary whip of the week.

Just joined, but I think I recognize you all from other forums.

And we run because we like it
                                Through the broad bright land