3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

C-R

Not really one good workout but I've decided to try and double out the year (yeah I know another CR stunt) so I can get into the cycle for Boston.

Had some good quality workouts in the afternoon session. Today I did hills ala Lydiard (springing, bounding, etc). Didn't think much of it and sat at computer for some calls got up and man I felt it.

Nice tired legs feeling.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Not really one good workout but I've decided to try and double out the year (yeah I know another CR stunt) so I can get into the cycle for Boston.

Nice.  I've started a similar thing though it didn't happen today.  I still plan on hitting 100 in the six running days though.  FFS.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I didn't have a good workout today. I jogged a recovery 5. Thing is, though, it's day 3 of my first go-round of pfitz training. Well, technically day 4 because the first day was a rest day. Yep, I've shut my brain off and am now following a plan, for the first time. This was brought on by my belief that I'm a big giant dumbass when it comes to being my own coach, and that I've taken myself about as far as I can that way. Tomorrow I'll do exactly what the plan says I should do. And repeat, ad infinitum until Boston. I'll try this full force at least once and see what it gets me. So far it's going well. Heh. We'll see.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Feeling the growl again

I didn't have a good workout today. I jogged a recovery 5. Thing is, though, it's day 3 of my first go-round of pfitz training. Well, technically day 4 because the first day was a rest day. Yep, I've shut my brain off and am now following a plan, for the first time. This was brought on by my belief that I'm a big giant dumbass when it comes to being my own coach, and that I've taken myself about as far as I can that way. Tomorrow I'll do exactly what the plan says I should do. And repeat, ad infinitum until Boston. I'll try this full force at least once and see what it gets me. So far it's going well. Heh. We'll see.

Hey, if you follow it, there's nothing wrong with that.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Hey, if you follow it, there's nothing wrong with that.

Other than if it doesn't work out.  At least he has an out to say that it was a crappy plan and should have picked a different one.

C-R

Finally get to post something. First indoor track workout of the season.

2mi wu; 6x200 @ <40; 4x300@ <60;4x300@<60; 2mi cd.

Hit the numbers and felt pretty solid. We adjusted instead of 3x400 since we wanted to maintain form. At it again on Wednesday.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

On the track in the snow today - 6 x 300 (52, 54, 49, 54, 50, 50). A bit fast - trying to get "mile pace" feel down. I have an indoor race in 2 weeks, and put my mark down as 5 flat. I think that's there if I can avoid spazing out on my pacing.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                C-R

Second run of the day. Went to the indoor track (1/8th mile). After a decent warm-up ran 11 on and 11 recovery at whatever feels good where on was at pedal to the medal pace. Not a mile pace but not 5k either. Anyway, thought to only do 10 but added one because I recall reading in Lydiard you should do to exhaustion. No my legs hurt but in that good way. I will be doing this one more often.

Feeling the growl again

Second run of the day. Went to the indoor track (1/8th mile). After a decent warm-up ran 11 on and 11 recovery at whatever feels good where on was at pedal to the medal pace. Not a mile pace but not 5k either. Anyway, thought to only do 10 but added one because I recall reading in Lydiard you should do to exhaustion. No my legs hurt but in that good way. I will be doing this one more often.

I've noticed you're killing it on the mileage lately.  Good to see you're killing it on the workouts too.  Wish I could say the same.  Mine suck.  Probably mileage increase + diet.

Kind of happy about the one today..

2 off / 3 on... average 656 / 519.

Not sure what that means exactly. But, its kind of fun to do the "off" section harder that usual.

And we run because we like it
                      Through the broad bright land

Tried kicking those fast twitch fiber awake today.  Ran this same workout in Dec 2013 and ended up about the same.  4 mile warmup followed by some drills and then 16x200 w/ 200 jog recovery.  Averaged 34s for the ON and 63s for the recovery.  Need to do this type workout more than once a year if I'm hoping to keep those fast twitchers awake.

Im all for that. Time to light 2015 on fire.

Need to do this type workout more than once a year if I'm hoping to keep those fast twitchers awake.

The 5k is all the rage for 2015!

I did a 6 x 4 min session with my club yesterday (2 min rests)- tester for my hamstring, I took the first one very easy and built it up - very happy to come through without any damage.  I'll have a pop at a benchmark 5k this Saturday.

RR you may be glad to know.. (or not).. that Parkrun is coming to my neck of the woods. Historic (and beautiful) Crissy Field will be the new site starting January 24th.

oh.. and 4 min on / 2 min off.. solid work.

Excellent!  Good to hear that parkrun has hit the US - if it expands like the UK you'll have hundreds of events within a few years...

RR you may be glad to know.. (or not).. that Parkrun is coming to my neck of the woods. Historic (and beautiful) Crissy Field will be the new site starting January 24th.

oh.. and 4 min on / 2 min off.. solid work.